+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Core balance issue?

Question Core balance issue?

Disclaimer: What I will post is all from the perspective of a newbie who also played in open beta but didn't buy the game because of broken pvp balance at the time, which was still not addressed at release, and apparently still hasn't been addressed. I'm only playing now because I got a free copy of the game at gen-con and I have nothing better to play at the moment.

I have played all classes to the mid 20's except for warriors (I did play one in beta to 18ish but I haven't played it since). I've done 85% of my leveling in warfronts and occasionally from open world pvp (not much from lack of targets). I have played 2 or 3 specs per class (not all of them). I always finish near the top of all warfronts on all classes (although I've noticed with the mage you're either first or dead last ;))

What I'm noticing is, as a Mage, Rogues (Marksmen or Assassin) and Warriors (all specs) murder me and I can only kill:

a.) Warriors who ignore me completely
    b.) Non-MM/Assassin Rogues
    c.) Other mages
    d.) Clerics who are low on mana.

What I'm noticing, as a Rogue, is Clerics (all specs) and Warriors (all specs) murder and I can only kill:
    a.) Warriors who ignore me completely
    b.) Other Rogues who aren't paying attention/better geared/I get the drop on them etc
    c.) Mages

What I'm noticing, as a Cleric, mostly Clerics (more healing/tank specs, I've run only forms of dps casters) and Warriors (all specs) murder me and I can only kill:
    a.) Clerics - depends on circumstances, same as any class
    b.) Non-support/tank Rogues
    c.) Mages
    d.) BM Warriors

Notice that Warriors are in the kills me every time column of every class with Clerics a close second.

I don't think that either class should be nerfed (I'm playing a Mage as a main now, instead of a Rogue because at 24, Assassin is a joke and that's the one I like the best of the ones I've tried, Clerics are strong but 'feel' clunky and slow imo).

What I think is that they need to either a.) modify existing roles so that they can much more effectively counter Warriors/Clerics or b.) add a 5th class that has the majority of it's roles based around armor penetration and doing more damage to people with specifically larger HP pools.

Maybe I'm missing information, but all of these issues existed in open beta as well, and all of the blindfolded nerf bat swinging doesn't seem to be helping at all. I think that balancing around 4 classes is a poor design and an odd number would have been better for paper/rock/scissors or a rework of all existing roles I suppose could work too although there are so many that making ALL of them and ALL of their combinations viable appears to be impossible; particularly in pvp.

Any kind of constructive conversation is welcome. Trolls can eat a **** in advance =)
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 08-22-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Ato

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepthief View Post
    I have played all classes to the mid 20's except for warriors (I did play one in beta to 18ish but I haven't played it since). I've done 85% of my leveling in warfronts and occasionally from open world pvp (not much from lack of targets).
    So, you are requesting balancing changes geared towards the 20-29 bracket? Get to 50, then try this thread again once you know... have all of the skills.
    Last edited by Ato; 08-22-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Soulwalker

gogy
    f

fwbbbbab

+ Reply to Thread