+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Final word on bonus rewards weekend: Whitefall Escalation

Default Final word on bonus rewards weekend: Whitefall Escalation

Finally finished Rank 8. Worst gaming experience of my life the last 3 days of only doing Escalation.

There was no strategy involved 99x out of 100. It was just we roflstomped them or they roflstomped us. The End. The que for anything other than Whitefall Escalation was terrible. And really, when you want to progress you want to go the fastest route regardless of anything else. But typically Trion has made it fun - this wasn't.

Thanks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    Finally finished Rank 8. Worst gaming experience of my life the last 3 days of only doing Escalation.

There was no strategy involved 99x out of 100. It was just we roflstomped them or they roflstomped us. The End. The que for anything other than Whitefall Escalation was terrible. And really, when you want to progress you want to go the fastest route regardless of anything else. But typically Trion has made it fun - this wasn't.

Thanks.
    When you want to progress, you progress. When you want to have fun, you have fun. If you want to have fun while progressing, sometimes you have to sacrifice one for the other. If you tackle a monumental grind and jam it all into the span of 3 days, I don't care how fun it starts out, most people are going to find it irritating as hell by the time they're done.

You made the choice to race for r8. How many hours did that take you over three days? I kind of think you would have enjoyed the process more if you had broken it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    When you want to progress, you progress. When you want to have fun, you have fun. If you want to have fun while progressing, sometimes you have to sacrifice one for the other. If you tackle a monumental grind and jam it all into the span of 3 days, I don't care how fun it starts out, most people are going to find it irritating as hell by the time they're done.

You made the choice to race for r8. How many hours did that take you over three days? I kind of think you would have enjoyed the process more if you had broken it up a bit.
    Naw - this isn't real life dude. They didn't have to make it this way and typically haven't made the "grind" this terrible of an experience. The grind to rank 6 was fun. This was ridiculous. Not because of the amount of prestige but because of the roflstomping back and forth.

Ascendant

It was just we roflstomped them or they roflstomped us.
    i had 1 single game that was a pretty intense battle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Prophet of Telara

I hear you, Sunrun. People were just giving up if they lost the first battle over the mid.

They should alter Escalated to a points system ala Port Scion.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    i had 1 single game that was a pretty intense battle
    In the lower brackets they are about 50% turkeys, so at 50% are competitive.

Ascendant

Naw - this isn't real life dude. They didn't have to make it this way and typically haven't made the "grind" this terrible of an experience. The grind to rank 6 was fun. This was ridiculous. Not because of the amount of prestige but because of the roflstomping back and forth.
    Actually, it is real life. You made a choice to invest your time in pursuit of a goal. You chose to pursue that goal at a time where the population was given incentive to converge on one particular map.

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't have done what you did, or that you should have enjoyed it. I'm just saying that anyone who plunks down for a weekend to go hard on a pretty significant grind is probably not going to be feeling all that great about the process towards the end of it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    I hear you, Sunrun. People were just giving up if they lost the first battle over the mid.

They should alter Escalated to a points system ala Port Scion.
    I love it when my team bunches up at the spawn point and argues over who they should focus fire. Meanwhile only a few of us think to run around and try to stop the team running the rest of the stones, or ninja the ones already in their camp.

Why do people continue to fight head to head on a random part of the map while the other team is moving stones? We could at least force them to split into thirds and try to hold us at our three exit points from our base.

Or when everyone fights at mid while one of our team members manages to ninja a stone, and no one goes out to protect him back to base.

Don't people ever check the map to see where stones are going?

Escalation was a blast that first weekend. Getting sick of it now.

Maybe they should float the reward bonus between warfronts, each one getting it for the weekend once a month.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Thanks.
    Well lets hope they keep it running so people can join you at rank 8 and make it more competitive for you... Now your rank 8 I guess you can pick and choose what warfronts you enter if any so thierfore you never need head to whitefall escalation should you so choose
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    I love it when my team bunches up at the spawn point and argues over who they should focus fire. Meanwhile only a few of us think to run around and try to stop the team running the rest of the stones, or ninja the ones already in their camp.

Why do people continue to fight head to head on a random part of the map while the other team is moving stones? We could at least force them to split into thirds and try to hold us at our three exit points from our base.

Or when everyone fights at mid while one of our team members manages to ninja a stone, and no one goes out to protect him back to base.

Don't people ever check the map to see where stones are going?

Escalation was a blast that first weekend. Getting sick of it now.

Maybe they should float the reward bonus between warfronts, each one getting it for the weekend once a month.
    No one is running stones, they already got 3 stones, but don't turn 3rd in just to farm.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, that's the goal. If I recall correctly, the new warfront coming with 1.5 will have an escalation version included with it when it's deployed and then the other warfronts will get escalation versions as the devs can prepare them.

Rift Master

Thanks.
    Chloro/lock abuser? Yeah, when the challenge is removed things become a lot less fun.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    No one is running stones, they already got 3 stones, but don't turn 3rd in just to farm.
    Just hit r4 today, and I've only seen this once or twice, before Escalation.

My experience is often that the other team gets the first stone and pushes us back to our spawn point. Our team then continues to head directly south out of the spawn point and dash itself against them, while only a couple of the opposite team run the rest of the stones as they appear. I've gone around to the side and chased a runner from stone spawn all the way up to their base, throwing every CC and nuke at them I could with my r3 mage. Usually one or two from their team comes and takes care of me. Occasionally another member of my team joins me to try and stop their runners.

Mostly our team continues to fight at the spawn point.

If I'm not mistaken, that's the goal. If I recall correctly, the new warfront coming with 1.5 will have an escalation version included with it when it's deployed and then the other warfronts will get escalation versions as the devs can prepare them.
    It would be wisdom if they didn't wait three more patches to get to the rotation. Playing Whitefall every weekend is inducing burnout. Just uncouple the bonus from Escalation, and rotate the bonus through all warfronts. Let Escalation just be about novelty. That way we'll have a different FotW warfront each week, and a novelty warfront each month for the next four months.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Actually, it is real life. You made a choice to invest your time in pursuit of a goal. You chose to pursue that goal at a time where the population was given incentive to converge on one particular map.

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't have done what you did, or that you should have enjoyed it. I'm just saying that anyone who plunks down for a weekend to go hard on a pretty significant grind is probably not going to be feeling all that great about the process towards the end of it.
    Actually, no. It takes away your choice of warfronts having the bonus for 3.5 days. Sure, you have a choice of sitting in que for 15 minutes or get instant que alternative warfront (happens to be escalation atm). You're not playing a game anymore if you're sitting doing nothing waiting for a warfront to pop.

But anyway, you'll then say, "well you can do something else while you wait" or you'll say "well you have a choice to play or not" or some other innane excuse for the poor gaming experience that most of us that warfront get to experience during these bonus times.

fyi the other 3.5 days out of the week I've played the same amount of time since 1.4 went live and it never felt like a grind. Wonder why that is? Oh, because everyone played different warfronts - not the same one over and over and over. You get it yet dude? Or you going to come up with another non-sensical reason? Impress me, say something that makes sense at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Chloro/lock abuser? Yeah, when the challenge is removed things become a lot less fun.
    What's a chloro/lock abuser? I need to try that. Sounds like a spec from a person that has griefed you or something.

But really, what is the point of making an accusation like that when you don't even know the specs I play? You should be banned from posting for a few days. This thread isn't even about the warfront escaltion - it's about the bonus given to one warfront at a time for too long of a time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast