+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: People won't stop crying out for Warrior PVP nerfs until they are irrelevant

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    175

    Default People won't stop crying out for Warrior PVP nerfs until they are irrelevant

    Title is the TL;DR version of the post. As long as warriors do competent damage and bring useful tools to the PVP table (healing debuff, some CC, some survivability), there will be people who cry bloody murder about their existence. If you nerf their damage even further, people will complain about their tools. If you nerf their tools, people will complain about their damage still being high.

    There are a number of people on these forums who would love to see Lingering Wounds, Riftwalk and Battlefield Intimidation completely removed from the picture via heavy-handed nerfs, along with a further across-the-board reduction in warrior pvp ability damage. If this were to happen, you would basically be left with a pointless shell of a PVP class that would be completely benched in favor of rogues.
    Last edited by Moxen; 08-22-2011 at 08:48 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    What we want is balance.

    What we have are overpowered warriors.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    What we want is balance.

    What we have are overpowered warriors.
    Along with overpowered chlorolock with 10k hp, riftwalkers that can win whitefalls for their team solo, slip away for rogues (lol), clerics that never die, cabalist that aoe down groups, stormcallers that can pop out 5k crits on high valors.....game seems balanced to me.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noctisx View Post
    Along with overpowered chlorolock with 10k hp, riftwalkers that can win whitefalls for their team solo, slip away for rogues (lol), clerics that never die, cabalist that aoe down groups, stormcallers that can pop out 5k crits on high valors.....game seems balanced to me.
    how could you include slip away with that list and think it belongs lol
    Last edited by generatedname; 08-22-2011 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    if they nerf dps pvp warriors they will all roll subdue tank spec and people will cry they arent able to kill anyone due to no LW and crap for damage.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    if they nerf dps pvp warriors they will all roll subdue tank spec and people will cry they arent able to kill anyone due to no LW and crap for damage.
    I don't want to imagine a world where LW is gone and all you have are people doing AoE Subdue and Fear Bombs... nobody will die. Then, once they figure out why, Subdue will be nerfed ;)

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    how could you include slip away with that list and think it belongs lol
    Think your missing out on something important I placed in that line.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    how could you include slip away with that list and think it belongs lol
    What he's saying is that with our lower HP, burst, mobility, armor, and useful team abilities as a sin we should'nt be given a 2 minute cooldown to save ourselves
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noctisx View Post
    Think your missing out on something important I placed in that line.
    yea i think so too, having trouble making it through posts today
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moxen View Post
    People won't stop crying out for Warrior PVP nerfs until they are irrelevant

    Title is the TL;DR version of the post.
    Going by this statement and the title, the point of this thread is that people don't want nerfs to matter anymore. I doubt that's what you were going for, so I'd spend a few more moments picking titles and checking grammar and syntax next time.

  11. #11
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Clerics are irrelevant. A dominator negates the entire calling with an instant 0 mana with 1 button press.
    It's why premade vs. premade is always 0 clerics. No empathic bond etc. for ways to get mana back.
    The only way is the spirit healer.
    Their survivability is also 100% healing (rather than ridiculous super tank cooldowns), so completely negated by lingering wounds which is AoE applied by default during uncleansable fear. They also do not do full DPS damage like mages.

    It's all about stacking warriors and mages only for guaranteed victory.

    PuGs are different, but the balance issues for competitive pvp need to be looked at.
    Warriors are a part of the problem, but it's mostly mages.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Honeslty OP, screw off. Rogues have received buff after buff after buff, we're still the least viable class in PvE and PvP. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong. Warriors still have more burst, mobility, survivability, CCs, sustained damage output, and mitigation. We have to go balls-deep in a useless tree for a passive healing nerf that process 30% LESS than LW, which is in champion--that has more than synergy with ALL of your classes.
    Ever notice how there's all these threads about warriors being OP? And the only thread about rogues is the fact we have one cheesy 2 minute cooldown.

    You excel at everything by leaps and bounds more than your counterparts. You deserve to be nerfed way harder than you already have. But a warrior will never say that.
    ~Quiescent

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Honeslty OP, screw off. Rogues have received buff after buff after buff, we're still the least viable class in PvE and PvP. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong. Warriors still have more burst, mobility, survivability, CCs, sustained damage output, and mitigation. We have to go balls-deep in a useless tree for a passive healing nerf that process 30% LESS than LW, which is in champion--that has more than synergy with ALL of your classes.
    Ever notice how there's all these threads about warriors being OP? And the only thread about rogues is the fact we have one cheesy 2 minute cooldown.

    You excel at everything by leaps and bounds more than your counterparts. You deserve to be nerfed way harder than you already have. But a warrior will never say that.
    BUT! BUT!

    *types furiously*

    ROGUES CAN SLIP AWAY

    *wipes sweat from brow*

    AND THEY BLEED ME

    *sips some mountain dew*

    AND I ACTUALLY DIE

    (stole the editing style from another poster a while back, figured it was appropriate)
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Honeslty OP, screw off. Rogues have received buff after buff after buff, we're still the least viable class in PvE and PvP. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong. Warriors still have more burst, mobility, survivability, CCs, sustained damage output, and mitigation. We have to go balls-deep in a useless tree for a passive healing nerf that process 30% LESS than LW, which is in champion--that has more than synergy with ALL of your classes.
    Ever notice how there's all these threads about warriors being OP? And the only thread about rogues is the fact we have one cheesy 2 minute cooldown.

    You excel at everything by leaps and bounds more than your counterparts. You deserve to be nerfed way harder than you already have. But a warrior will never say that.
    We deserve to be nerfed? Why not just ask for more Rogue buffs? I'll agree there is a disparity, but I don't agree Warriors should be made to be weak either. PVP should involve being able to kill people.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willjones09 View Post
    Going by this statement and the title, the point of this thread is that people don't want nerfs to matter anymore. I doubt that's what you were going for, so I'd spend a few more moments picking titles and checking grammar and syntax next time.
    The point of this thread is to state something that has gone from being a running joke to nearly reality over the course of a few patches. I still don't understand how one patch can have a point about Trion being happy with the status of warriors, followed by a round of sweeping DPS nerfs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts