+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: People won't stop crying out for Warrior PVP nerfs until they are irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Moxen View Post
    We deserve to be nerfed? Why not just ask for more Rogue buffs? I'll agree there is a disparity, but I don't agree Warriors should be made to be weak either. PVP should involve being able to kill people.
    All I'm saying is warriors should quit complaining. It's like Bill Gates--Warrior--telling a bunch of starving Somali children--Rogues--to stop complaining that Bill has it better than them.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    All I'm saying is warriors should quit complaining. It's like Bill Gates--Warrior--telling a bunch of starving Somali children--Rogues--to stop complaining that Bill has it better than them.
    Hahahah.
    ok I giggled.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Honeslty OP, screw off. Rogues have received buff after buff after buff, we're still the least viable class in PvE and PvP. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain wrong. Warriors still have more burst, mobility, survivability, CCs, sustained damage output, and mitigation. We have to go balls-deep in a useless tree for a passive healing nerf that process 30% LESS than LW, which is in champion--that has more than synergy with ALL of your classes.
    Ever notice how there's all these threads about warriors being OP? And the only thread about rogues is the fact we have one cheesy 2 minute cooldown.

You excel at everything by leaps and bounds more than your counterparts. You deserve to be nerfed way harder than you already have. But a warrior will never say that.
    Sure, when they nerf bleed bleed bleed, slip away, wait.. bleed bleed bleed defensive CD bs that rogues do.

Rift Disciple

As I've said before, and will maintain again here, most of the QQ about Warriors is unwarranted and coming from players who either fail to realize other factors that are contributing to that (such as gear differences, good focus fire by the opposing team, lack of healers on your own team, etc.), or how to properly counter some of the more common specs.

I'm currently P6 using the Ragestorm spec (RB/Champ/VK), and against an equally geared healer, I cannot kill them 1v1, which is really how it should be. Focus fire is often required to take out targets of equal, and certainly higher gear levels. The team cooperation necessary to do this is what can win or lose a match. Even with the 50% heal debuff from LW, I cannot kill anyone of equal gear who has a healer behind them. Against anyone in lower gear, I easily can kill them 1v1, but then that becomes an issue about gear disparity, not the calling or its spec.

With our AE fear, half the time I use it players are immune, and those that aren't easily Break Free out of it. Fears are an important tool to open windows of opportunity to burst down targets before they can be healed or in some other way saved. Without some kind of AE CC like Warrior fear, you'd never be able to win against teams that have more healers. It's also useful for more than just Warriors. I myself have gotten chain feared before by Clerics, which I'm particularly susceptible to since I don't have Vind in my spec (and Riftwalk isn't always off CD, contrary to popular belief), only to end up dead the moment I finally come out of it.

For dealing with our burst, smarter players will sap my energy. While the spec has tremendous burst capability, like most, it's dependent on energy. Without it, it's like having a gun without bullets, and it takes time to reload. I've been rendered virtually useless by those smart enough to do that.

In summary, I think if more players adapted or improved their gameplay to deal with other callings/specs effectively, they'd realize that there are truly very few legitimate balance issues between them. Most of the balance issues in Rift PvP are due to gear disparity, which is a problem that will only get worse as more Prestige ranks are introduced to the game, and simultaneously exacerbate the already misperceived balance issues between callings and specs.
    Last edited by Mournblood; 08-22-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Sure, when they nerf bleed bleed bleed, slip away, wait.. bleed bleed bleed defensive CD bs that rogues do.
    I am so ****ing tired of people acting like every rogue uses slip away and it's always up. It's like saying every warrior constantly uses their full heal and Bend like the Reed and every Mage always has shadow life and neddra's and every sentinel has beakers covenant and it's always up.

Just because it happened to you once doesn't mean you'll be struck by lightning TWICE.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

"Until they're irrelevant." Hmm. Sounds kinda like what we rogues are now. Would love to have some irrelevant warriors on board with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mournblood View Post
    As I've said before, and will maintain again here, most of the QQ about Warriors is unwarranted and coming from players who either fail to realize other factors that are contributing to that (such as gear differences, good focus fire by the opposing team, lack of healers on your own team, etc.), or how to properly counter some of the more common specs.

I'm currently P6 using the Ragestorm spec (RB/Champ/VK), and against an equally geared healer, I cannot kill them 1v1, which is really how it should be. Focus fire is often required to take out targets of equal, and certainly higher gear levels. The team cooperation necessary to do this is what can win or lose a match. Even with the 50% heal debuff from LW, I cannot kill anyone of equal gear who has a healer behind them.
    TL;DR you can kill everything except a healer with a pocket healer. Warriors are OP...
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    What we want is balance.

What we have are overpowered warriors.
    What you play is a terrible group pvp class. Why not burn calories trying to make it better instead of crying about everyone else?

Plane Touched

TL;DR you can kill everything except a healer with a pocket healer. Warriors are OP...
    Or an equaly geared Mage, healing cleric... Rogues a gamble depending on their spec.

Everyday is a new post of low ranked people crying about high ranked people killing them, and its getting old.

RANK UP, L2P, or QUIT, but ffs stop crying nerf this, nerf that everytime you die.

The best part is, there are more Nerf warrior threads now then ever, and we just took a -30%+ damage nerf in PvP and nobody cried this much before the nerf when we hit much, much harder.
    Last edited by Columbian; 08-22-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    Or an equaly geared Mage, healing cleric... Rogues a gamble depending on their spec.

Everyday is a new post of low ranked people crying about high ranked people killing them, and its getting old.

RANK UP, L2P, or QUIT, but ffs stop crying nerf this, nerf that everytime you die.
    I'm rank 7. I don't die. I've learned to play and I eat undergeared people for breakfast because I choose my fights.
    But that doesn't change that warriors are OP.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Touched

I'm rank 7. I don't die. I've learned to play and I eat undergeared people for breakfast because I choose my fights.
    But that doesn't change that warriors are OP.
    Post some pics of you fighting equally as geared people who are not afk and have a clue how to PvP. Let me see you rip through them like butter. Just because you have L2P does not mean you are good.

Just because you can kill people 5 ranks under you doesnt mean Warrior is OP.

Why dont you bring your "Elite OP warrior" over to Deepstrike, best PvP server btw, and see how OP you really are fighting even matched people.

Post some pics of you fighting equally as geared people who are not afk and have a clue how to PvP. Let me see you rip through them like butter. Just because you have L2P does not mean you are good.

Just because you can kill people 5 ranks under you doesnt mean Warrior is OP.

Why dont you bring your "Elite OP warrior" over to Deepstrike, best PvP server btw, and see how OP you really are fighting even matched people.

"Until they're irrelevant." Hmm. Sounds kinda like what we rogues are now. Would love to have some irrelevant warriors on board with us.

Read this over and over until you understand rift
    ~Quiescent

Plane Touched

The best part is, there are more Nerf warrior threads now then ever, and we just took a -30%+ damage nerf in PvP and nobody cried this much before the nerf when we hit much, much harder.
    True, now that so many warriors are starting to pack some survivability instead of all being glass cannon ParaChamps they're annoyed we don't just fall over anymore.
    Dagre - R8 Warrior, Deepstrike
    Vishanti - R4 Cleric, Deepstrike
    Malakai - R4 Mage, Deepstrike
    Valore - Not Yet 50 Rogue, Deepstrike

Quote Originally Posted by SetisDagre View Post
    True, now that so many warriors are starting to pack some survivability instead of all being glass cannon ParaChamps they're annoyed we don't ever fall over anymore.
    I fixed it for you. I don't care what anyone says, there's no rogue spec that can kill an equally geared 51 RB. That was an issue before the nerf and after the nerf. There needs to be one.

Also did I mention you can block bleeds? You're warriors, not surgeons.
    Last edited by Zaros; 08-22-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Touched

Read this over and over until you understand rift
    Ill say it over and over. Rank up, gear up, quit, or L2P. Rogues are far from irrelevant, but untill YOU understand how to make your class valueable in PvP and stop trying to be a 1man rambo in leather, these thread will continue.

Most warriors understand what tools they need to bring to the table to complete in PvP, which are the same tools cried about thread after thread. You dont want to L2kite and purge a warriors buffs, that is you failing RIFT, not a class being OP.

Heres a few ideas for you, let me teach you a little bit your class. Eradicate the Warrior, every buff we have can be dispelled with exception to AotR.. Stop trying to go toe to toe with a S+B Warrior with BiS gear without engauging the fight on your tearms. Im sorry you cannot grasp simple mechanics like eradicate and basic kiting strategys. That does not mean the enemy is OP, it simple means you need to L2P.

I see your an assissn for PvP, and is major fail in group PvP, which a 51 RB is a hard counter too, because you kill yourself. The same way Lock armor Works. Lets cry about that too..
    Last edited by Columbian; 08-22-2011 at 01:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast