+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Its so wonderful that sab charges can stay on someone through death

Ascendant

Default Its so wonderful that sab charges can stay on someone through death

I mean what other class can harm your opponent in a way that persists through death forcing them to waste precious time in a warfront having to cleanse a debuff that should never have stayed on them..

Why isn't this fixed yet?? Reported it like 1.1.....
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    I mean what other class can harm your opponent in a way that persists through death forcing them to waste precious time in a warfront having to cleanse a debuff that should never have stayed on them..

While the charges stick, they still will get a weak detonation and that does some of the heftier portion of the damage if they just attach 1 charge to you and that's it. But they also only have 1 min upon dying (minus up to 25s of waiting time) to go find you and get their hit off that most classes do normally and seamlessly. Sab is most infamous class for not getting the damage they were trying to get.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the charges should persist through death of the Sab. But as a Sab I have never been able to make use of left over charges but maybe once or twice, when I died mid combat with them.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    While the charges stick, they still will get a weak detonation and that does some of the heftier portion of the damage if they just attach 1 charge to you and that's it. But they also only have 1 min upon dying (minus up to 25s of waiting time) to go find you and get their hit off that most classes do normally and seamlessly. Sab is most infamous class for not getting the damage they were trying to get.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the charges should persist through death of the Sab. But as a Sab I have never been able to make use of left over charges but maybe once or twice, when I died mid combat with them.
    They act as a buffer to hurt the cleansing of real debuffs. Although they don't work as intended do you think i really want to spend 7.5 on some specs cleansing debuffs that never should have stayed on me?

Hes right, after death and rez and time it takes to get back down to my team a number of thimgs happen...

1. Charges just fall off
    2. Charges have few more seconds and the sab is dead
    3. Charges have few more seconds but sab is more focused on its current target
    4. I cleansed them while on route to my team

So even if they persist, its not a big deal imo. I have yet to see a sab use those charges after death since beta

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Toys View Post
    Hes right, after death and rez and time it takes to get back down to my team a number of thimgs happen...

1. Charges just fall off
    2. Charges have few more seconds and the sab is dead
    3. Charges have few more seconds but sab is more focused on its current target
    4. I cleansed them while on route to my team

So even if they persist, its not a big deal imo. I have yet to see a sab use those charges after death since beta
    in itself, not a big deal, but Rift has always been so quick to fix any reported issues, why not this one? i think it's because Rift has decided to leave pvp to the gankers - the folks in the top gear running around ganking lvl 40+ players in green and blues. they have completely ignored everything in pvp, even when a bunch of T6 guilds cheated their way to T8 gear Rift ignored them (and the thousands of players that demanded a response in the forums). it's time for me to look elsewhere, and luckily there are options on the not too distant horizon, especially if i get a beta invite for one or both (fingers crossed...).

Seriously? Saboteurs are Cabalists with a 8s longer setup time. Complain about them before Sabs.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Seriously? Saboteurs are Cabalists with a 8s longer setup time. Complain about them before Sabs.
    8s longer?

rogue gcd is 1 second and they have that fast setup ability..

Cabs is 6 seconds to gain enough for a max power decay.. PLUS their 51 point (yes 51 point ability) is basically pointless now since the nerf.. (plus cab single target dps sucks)

Ascendant

its not a class mechanic or something "rogues get". its a bug. report it as such in your "found a bug" in game tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    its not a class mechanic or something "rogues get". its a bug. report it as such in your "found a bug" in game tool.
    Sarcasm escapes you..

I reported it.. Several times over the last 4 months..

Shadowlander

Lingering wounds stays on after death too. At least it has been in WF's for me. Cant tell you how many times i die to instantly respawn with lingering wounds on me and doing damage.

Ascendant

Sarcasm escapes you..

I reported it.. Several times over the last 4 months..
    then its not fixed yet because they
    1. can't fix it, don't know how
    2. haven't gotten around to it yet
    Last edited by generatedname; 08-22-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

There are plenty of debuffs that persist through death. It's not really gamebreaking as most of them fall off before they become an issue again but it's still annoying and something that should be fixed.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Telaran

You know what's way more weirder than bomb staying on you? That as cleric I can dispel "physical" objects off someone... yeah, I can dispel actual bombs of somebody but can't touch warriors aoe fear

must be nerfed, sabo so op.

(Gear)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil View Post
    You know what's way more weirder than bomb staying on you? That as cleric I can dispel "physical" objects off someone... yeah, I can dispel actual bombs of somebody but can't touch warriors aoe fear
    Or as a healer you can't heal a (lingering) wound

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast