+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: PVP is not very fun

Shadowlander

Default PVP is not very fun

Something needs to be done with how newer pvp'ers as in less than max rank can get any enjoyable progression done thru the pvp ranks, make warfronts that have a max rank to them like 1-3 next bracket 4-6 etc etc or something how anyone could find it enjoyable to even try to grind it out from rank 1 the way it is now is just silly. pvp atm unless your in top rank is the most painful thing i have experienced from the game so far and it cant possibly be challenging for top rank people to kill anyone under rank 4 at all, just saying do somthing not saying nerf gear or classes but make some new warfronts so people trying to work up thru the ranks have at least a fighting chance as it is now skill makes no difference. Either way they need to do something because any newer 50 is just sucking as far as pvp goes

Telaran

LOL Trion has no clue what they are doing with PVP.

They have mages that can AOE one shot entire teams currently.

They have warriors that they can not even begin to balance correctly.

I feel sorry for rogues, and they have marginalized clerics.

And they just keep compounding the issues.

Plane Touched

Your typical answer in these forums will be "just deal with it"...which I don't completely agree with, I think the higher ranks should have an edge, yes, but the way it is now is almost like a mosquito bite vs a sledge hammer.

But you're right, PvP @ 50 is horrible unless you're willing to smash your face off your desk for a good month before you're even coming close to competing.
    Surah - Lvl 50/P4/T2 Kelari Mage - Molinar
    Surax - Lvl 50 Bahmi Warrior - Molinar

no your typical answer will be:

Trion we need segregated warfronts ... like it has been for the last 3 months.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    no your typical answer will be:

Trion we need segregated warfronts ... like it has been for the last 3 months.
    the company needs to communicate with their player base. But they don't.

I couldn't believe what happened when they stated they were happy with warriors, and then shortly after they nerf them.

I'm surprised people are still playing...I read the forums a good amount in hopes to see that people are starting to be happy with the game again so I could re-sub, but it's getting worse by the day.

I will admit, I had fun levelling up in both PvE and PvP....but there's a giant wall once level 50 slaps you in the face.

Shadowlander

Yeah i dont have the answer to how to fix it but something needs to be done, your right people who have worked their way up should have some kind of reward for it, and yes classes are imbalanced to be sure in both pve and pvp, but in all the games i have played and thats quite a list over the past 10 or so years this one is the most painful to work up thru that i can remember for pvp progression as it stands now

Quote Originally Posted by Sallaa View Post
    Something needs to be done with how newer pvp'ers as in less than max rank can get any enjoyable progression done thru the pvp ranks, make warfronts that have a max rank to them like 1-3 next bracket 4-6 etc etc or something how anyone could find it enjoyable to even try to grind it out from rank 1 the way it is now is just silly. pvp atm unless your in top rank is the most painful thing i have experienced from the game so far and it cant possibly be challenging for top rank people to kill anyone under rank 4 at all, just saying do somthing not saying nerf gear or classes but make some new warfronts so people trying to work up thru the ranks have at least a fighting chance as it is now skill makes no difference. Either way they need to do something because any newer 50 is just sucking as far as pvp goes
    another baddie and another thread.... Jesus... why cant you relax? its less painful
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Telaran

I fully understand all the new 50's beef with what lev. 50 wf's are. All you are is cannon fodder for the rank 5-8's thats what you are. And that is what you will be. tiron is not ever going to seg' warfronts the Q times for these very important players would go up a min. or 2. they don't really want to play eachother anyhow they wan't to eat you for lunch, that why they hop arround so happy like when the see you. On both sides they skip eachother and head for you rank-1-3 guys.

In a few months if not sooner the new 50's will go against rank 9-10 players. They will as a part of this games pvp be feed to the rank 5-10 players as the new 50's are feed on a conva. belt to the 5-8's. This is the way it is.

If you like pvp for the sake of pvp, and want to have fun. Make lev. 10-49 pvp alts. Give them plat from your pve mains and have fun. The bloodletting of rank-1 players will go on till the lev. cap is raised giving you a shot at ranking up with these guys(rank 6-8).

If you don't do it then you have nothing to ***** about. If you go in knowing what is going to happen. Then you have the *** kicking comming. if you are looking for fun.......low lev. pvp.

Shadowlander

Well i may be bad in your opinion, however i would concider myself competent on any given class, however i dont really have the chance to be bad or good or even prove that i am bad when i will die to about any given class in 2 globals so if thats bad due to lack of gear then yeah i am horrible as is anyone starting out, now if i had say rank 5 or above then yeah your statement would hold some water however thats not what the post says, so does that mean i can call you a badie for being able to read?
    Last edited by Sallaa; 08-22-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Shadowlander

Default Kerstal

Yeah that is what i have been doing for the most part as lvl 50 is not enjoyable at all especially as rank 1 comming into it fresh i play lower lvl alts for pvp for my own fun and to contribute to guild quests etc etc. It is nice to see though that im not the only one who thinks its broken at 50

Plane Touched

Well i may be bad in your opinion, however i would concider myself competent on any given class, however i dont really have the chance to be bad or good or even prove that i am bad when i will die to about any given class in 2 globals so if thats bad due to lack of gear then yeah i am horrible as is anyone starting out, now if i had say rank 5 or above then yeah your statement would hold some water however thats not what the post says, so does that mean i can call you a badie for being able to read?
    Your best bet is to ignore those types of posts.

Shadowlander

probably right

I wondered just how big the disparity was for someone wearing R1 gear, vs. someone in R7 gear.
    For a quick example, I looked up the Plate Armor Chestpiece, and compared the stats:

...Armor Vlr Str Dex End AP
    R7: 1562 106 42 29 24 23
    R1 : 919 53 21 16 15 10

This is 70% more armor, double the Valor and Strength, 81% more Dexterity, 60% more Endurance, and 130% more attack power.

So I wondered... what if we debuffed R1 gear by the same amount?
    This becomes:
    ...Armor Vlr Str Dex End AP
    R1 : 919 53 21 16 15 10
    xx : 540 26 10 8 9 4

In other words, the current level 50 warfront tier is the same as taking a team of level 50s in R1 gear, and pitting them against another group of level 50s wearing level 33-36 blues (or level 30 purple gear).

We would never dream of pitting level 33 players against level 50s.
    Even if we had level 50s wearing that lowbie gear, it would be a ridiculous mismatch.
    The gear makes a huge difference.

Why on earth would Trion offer a tiered approach to players from levels 1-49 (which many agree is still enjoyable and well balanced), and yet ignore the same sort of disparity in the level 50 warfronts?

I did the grind from Rank 2 to Rank 4 over the last couple of Whitefall Steppes escalation weekends and have to agree with the OP. It's very frustrating to PvP right now, especially if you are just getting started.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a skilled PvPer, but it's hard for me to see how it's fair (or fun) to enter a 1v1 fight vs. an opposing warrior and hit them for 200-300 damage (I tried both dual-wield with 2x34.0 DPS 1Hers or a 44.2 DPS 2Her, basically Greenscale-level gear), and in exchange get hit for 800 to 1k. I mean, I get it: I have about 250 Valor on my gear and I'm going up against guys with over 1k. They put in the time to get high rank so should have an advantage, but then again, my being facerolled by players that I have no realistic way to beat (or even make them nervous with some significant damage) really isn't much fun.

And that's just a basic one on one, warrior vs. warrior fight. Let's talk about about 51 cabalist/stormcaller stacking, where magic AoE damage reaches 1300 a tick, or rogues that can burn their cooldowns and run sourcestone faster than a 110% speed mount, all while immune to slows or stuns.

What I ended up doing for a while is running a bunch of WFs in my raid tanking gear and a 51VK tanking build. Go ahead and laugh, but with 12k health, a ton of block, and Singularity/Void to ease the spell damage, at least I wasn't getting burned down in 5 seconds. Couldn't do any damage (not like I was doing a ton in the first place) but at least I could harass enemy healers with AoE silences, or Rift Summon, or tricks like that.

Quite frankly, I don't agree with people who just AFK their way through warfronts, but after a couple weekends of pain I'm starting to think they might have the right idea. Maybe things will get better now that I have Rank 4, but I'm really not that interested in pushing ahead any further.
    Last edited by Avogadro; 08-22-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    Main: Avogadro, Defiant (Eth) Warrior
    Tanking it while you're spanking it
    Member of <Suspiria> on the Threesprings (NA PvE) server

So tell me.. how come i do fine in Pve gear as a rogue?
    Last edited by Blays; 08-22-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast