+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By generatedname

Thread: This forum reads like the National Enquirer.....

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,388

    Default This forum reads like the National Enquirer.....

    Just sayin......

    (I know this will get locked, I have never made a whimsical post like this but I was reading the forum right now and even my own posts at times....this whole forum on pvp reads so much like Chicken Little and the sky is falling, and doom and gloom and oh no its all over for us now!! And....it just struck me funny like the National Enquirer)

    Heheh!!

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    turns out that pvp in this game was never designed properly and has not been fixed. the class balancing is awful and you see that the smaller your groups get (10v10, 5v5, 3v3) and that's why they can't do an arena or max-rank-only warfronts because you will see patterns of class compositions winning over skill.

    world pvp has been all about how many people you can get to come. there is tap on players making it frustrating to pvp since you have to compete with your own faction for credit towards doing the same objective (40v40 and not get credit for wiping their 40 because the other raid aoe'd first?)

    the pvp dailies are more about fighting your own faction for collection and mobs than it is about fighting the opposing faction. the only pvp that happens is zerg or assassins.

    pvp rifts have so many problems, but whatever even I requested 1.4 be released ahead of schedule so we can start our gring for hk-competing gear.

    everyone is currently either doing a warfront grind that they hate for rank8 or are waiting for others to finish their grind so that real pvp can begin (but, what is that real pvp?)

    the player base that is rank8, done with gear grind and still enjoying warfronts over and over is the biggest minority in any game right now.

    so, pretty good forum overall
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    I have no doubt it indicates the overall state of how people feel about pvp, but if you just run through and read thread titles it can be a little humorous as its all over the place on who is OP, why they are OP etc.

    I have complaints too and have voiced them , trust me, especially since the healing nerf. You know, for the first time, literally EVER in any game since 1999 I have complained about pvp balance here on these forums once they nerfed healing.

    But, since my initial whinage I have been working hard at adapting.

    I just found the forum amusing too, for a change.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    the one that really got me "Fix lingering wounds before its too late!!".

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    I have no doubt it indicates the overall state of how people feel about pvp, but if you just run through and read thread titles it can be a little humorous as its all over the place on who is OP, why they are OP etc.

    I have complaints too and have voiced them , trust me, especially since the healing nerf. You know, for the first time, literally EVER in any game since 1999 I have complained about pvp balance here on these forums once they nerfed healing.

    But, since my initial whinage I have been working hard at adapting.

    I just found the forum amusing too, for a change.
    yea its why i keep coming back to it. and to see any notifications for "new likes received"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    everyone is currently either doing a warfront grind that they hate for rank8 or are waiting for others to finish their grind so that real pvp can begin (but, what is that real pvp?)

    the player base that is rank8, done with gear grind and still enjoying warfronts over and over is the biggest minority in any game right now.
    rank 8, have pretty much all my gear sans synergy crystal and legs and bored out of my mind. premade vs premade, raid v raid in open world, whatever. game is mind numbingly boring once the gear grind is over, and it wasnt fun enough to begin with to consider repeating.

    people think that pvpers are the whiniest part of an mmo's community. if they tried this game's pvp, they would probably understand why. having devs that are both terrible at their jobs and silent is a killer combination too.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts