+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Split Ranks in Solo Join Warfront Queue

Default Split Ranks in Solo Join Warfront Queue

Had enough of constantley facing premades joining solo/duo at the same time and spoiling any low ranked solo players fun and enjoyment of this game. What you did with premade queue is not working and feel the above option would be best to at least keep new players in this game. The damage difference between a rank 7/8 player and a rank 1/2 player is far too great and this is ruining the game a for the vast majority of players and this combined with premades made up off high ranked players getting into solo join en masse is destroying the game for any new players trion hopes to keep hold of.

Simply put rank 5-8 in one solo queue and 1-4 in another. It just makes sense. I dont give a damn what happens to group join, just do this for the solo join queue.
    Former member of www.apex-guild.com. Now residing at http://www.project-cyrus.com.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DaBBB View Post
    Had enough of constantley facing premades joining solo/duo at the same time and spoiling any low ranked solo players fun and enjoyment of this game. What you did with premade queue is not working and feel the above option would be best to at least keep new players in this game. The damage difference between a rank 7/8 player and a rank 1/2 player is far too great and this is ruining the game a for the vast majority of players and this combined with premades made up off high ranked players getting into solo join en masse is destroying the game for any new players trion hopes to keep hold of.

Simply put rank 5-8 in one solo queue and 1-4 in another. It just makes sense. I dont give a damn what happens to group join, just do this for the solo join queue.
    Disagree; 4 queues; and the simple solution is the have faction mixing in the queues so no side has an advantage...its random.

It should be Rank 0 - 2
    Rank 3 - 5
    Rank 6 - 7
    Rank 8

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrasawr View Post
    Disagree; 4 queues; and the simple solution is the have faction mixing in the queues so no side has an advantage...its random.

It should be Rank 0 - 2
    Rank 3 - 5
    Rank 6 - 7
    Rank 8
    I don't mind this either, however I feel if they do not do something soon so many new players are just going to give up.
    Former member of www.apex-guild.com. Now residing at http://www.project-cyrus.com.

I think we should have 2000 different brackets, one for each 1000 prestige you gain.

This ensures that only people who are exactly in the same spot as you in progression are matched up with you, for a perfectly balanced experience.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    I think we should have 2000 different brackets, one for each 1000 prestige you gain.

This ensures that only people who are exactly in the same spot as you in progression are matched up with you, for a perfectly balanced experience.
    Someone else going overboard again...let me guess, you run premades are at least rank 6...

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrasawr View Post

It should be Rank 0 - 2
    Rank 3 - 5
    Rank 6 - 7
    Rank 8
    Gear sets are: R1/2, R3/4, R5/6, R7/8

There is no need to have a R1-2 (there is no R0) queue, since it is only 135k Prestige to get to R3.

R1-4 and R5-8 make sense.

An issue will arise when they add R9-10, mind you... it would not make sense to adjust the two groups, so you'd have R9-10 alone - which could mean terrible queues. Could? Hell, they'll be atrocious at first.

Though, that would actually give them an opportunity to introduce Arenas. Since the R9-10's would not be in the queue with the R1-8 folks, it would even open up the opportunity for Arenas to offer rewards...meh.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Someone else going overboard again...let me guess, you run premades are at least rank 6...
    I'm rank 8 and I run with a regular group, but that doesn't mean segregating players by rank is a good idea. It results in longer queue times all around, and people are still going to see the premades under their bed whenever one server has more than two representatives in a warfront.

This is a better fix because it addresses the real problem and not the boogeymen.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    This is a better fix because it addresses the real problem and not the boogeymen.
    Premades are a legitimate issue. Your "solution" does not address it at all.

Premades and Gear Discrepancy are two different issues.

As to the points you brought up in that post:

1) Not sure why the Valor increase need be built into the PvP Soul. 20% could be the base amount for the R1/2 set. It only takes 45k Prestige to get to R2. The increases provided by the additional tiers of gear would be reduced so that in the end the same amount is reached.

2) & 3) There is no doubt that for the most part the PvP Souls do not really offer much bang for the buck to each Calling. Improving the PvP Souls would be a great idea...cough.

4) ...more later...

5) & 6) This was an odd thing to say given what you said with 1) and with 6), since you're giving them 20% for the PvP Soul and 20% for the gear - the dedicated player is going to have 10% more? In the end though, this does not really address the gear discrepancy issue. Take the R2 with 50% mitigation and the R8 with 50% mitigation... look at the damage that the R8 will be doing in comparison to that R2. The R8 is still going to have that edge.

Then you have your MS Paint image for the redesign of the PvP Soul. By the way, I posted this almost a month before you posted: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-proposal.html

So getting back to 4)... I had actually wanted to go back to my post to offer a suggestion on a change for my original idea to make it more akin to a form of AA. Rather than having the 21 pts, it would be a case of having 6 (I suppose 8 at this point) points that are spent - 1 per "item" as you traverse the trees. I believe the PvP Soul should be separate from the 66 pts used to build out a character. The PvP Soul should enhance the character - not redesign them.

So basically, not only does your post not address Premades in the least - it actually does not really address the issue of Gear Discrepancy either. R8s will still outstat R2s. They'll have more health, they'll heal more and they'll do more damage.

So yeah, although separating for R1-4 and R5-8 does not address the Premade issue, it does address the Gear Discrepancy...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by DaBBB View Post

Meh, just use enough "teamwork" and your pug can easily defeat that premade of R6-8 even though you were unlucky and have no healers in your pug.

note* extreme sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster.

Unhappy

I won't dismiss any other suggestions mentioned here. It's good that others notice the problems here, but he question is do trion. If you look at the PvE side of the game it is impossible to progress in HK with gear from expert dungeons and such these players would do GS Roger the gear needed to go into higher dungeons. You would expect a similar attitude towards pvp, a rank 1 player should not be fighting a rank 8 player it's obscene. That is why it is destroying the pvp side of the game. On my warrior alt (rank 2) I crit these players for 900 tops while they can crit me for 1500+. How can any player fight in WF's with this kind of difference isbeyond me, let alone keep doing it to rank up.
    Last edited by DaBBB; 08-22-2011 at 09:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread