+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Cheap Rogue Pvp

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Bunnyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    114

    Default Cheap Rogue Pvp

    So right now there are about a dozen different rogues running around the PVP daily area all running the same spec.

    They pop up, load a bunch of bleeds and dots on someone and then vanish. For the next 30 seconds you just stand there watching the dots tick you down from full health to death because you do not drop out of combat until that last dot finishes ticking. So unless you have some self healing up or a pot you will die because you can't drink until the last dot finishes ticking even though the rogue is stealthed and just sitting there watching.


    I wish I was exaggerating on the amount of rogues just hanging around doing the same but I'm not.

    This is complete ********.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser jeffreyac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhat View Post
    ...even though the rogue is stealthed and just sitting there watching.

    You forgot laughing - we're generally watching AND laughing, it's a multiple-process operation.

    Seriously, if I can kill you with just bleeds, do you think it'd make a difference if I stayed unstealthed and beat on you while the bleeds are ticking? Would it make you feel better to die that much quicker? I could stun you, too, while they tick - would that help?

    Fighting fellow 50's, I can't think of anyone I've met that I could kill through bleeds alone - as a matter of fact, I need those bleeds just to make my dps burst dangerous in conjunction with my other attacks. Now, if a rogue wants to gank lowbies, sure - but even without bleeds, you're going to be able to gank lowbies, so not sure if this is what you meant.

    Oh, and if you mean that I'm whacking you with bleeds, then restealthing, then opening again when the bleeds wear off - well, here's an idea, mount up and ride away. I can't mount up while stealthed, so you'll get way out of my poor unbuffed runspeed range, then you can happily drink to full health and destroy me when I show up again (as my slip away will be on cd from the first attack...)
    Last edited by jeffreyac; 08-21-2011 at 04:37 PM.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Raiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sanctum
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhat View Post
    So right now there are about a dozen different rogues running around the PVP daily area all running the same spec.

    They pop up, load a bunch of bleeds and dots on someone and then vanish. For the next 30 seconds you just stand there watching the dots tick you down from full health to death because you do not drop out of combat until that last dot finishes ticking. So unless you have some self healing up or a pot you will die because you can't drink until the last dot finishes ticking even though the rogue is stealthed and just sitting there watching.


    I wish I was exaggerating on the amount of rogues just hanging around doing the same but I'm not.

    This is complete ********.
    Gimme 1 time in history where an Assassin comes out and says "Hey, I'm going to try to kill you now, make sure your buffed and healed up!"

    Doesn't work that way.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Bunnyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyac View Post
    You forgot laughing - we're generally watching AND laughing, it's a multiple-process operation.

    Seriously, if I can kill you with just bleeds, do you think it'd make a difference if I stayed unstealthed and beat on you while the bleeds are ticking? Would it make you feel better to die that much quicker? I could stun you, too, while they tick - would that help?

    Fighting fellow 50's, I can't think of anyone I've met that I could kill through bleeds alone - as a matter of fact, I need those bleeds just to make my dps burst dangerous in conjunction with my other attacks. Now, if a rogue wants to gank lowbies, sure - but even without bleeds, you're going to be able to gank lowbies, so not sure if this is what you meant.

    Oh, and if you mean that I'm whacking you with bleeds, then restealthing, then opening again when the bleeds wear off - well, here's an idea, mount up and ride away. I can't mount up while stealthed, so you'll get way out of my poor unbuffed runspeed range, then you can happily drink to full health and destroy me when I show up again (as my slip away will be on cd from the first attack...)

    The difference is if they stay out and fight I can generally kill them before 30 seconds apply because it's a glass cannon spec. Only it's a glass cannon spec you can't actually attack back.

    It's a ****ing ******** spec.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    Gimme 1 time in history where an Assassin comes out and says "Hey, I'm going to try to kill you now, make sure your buffed and healed up!"

    Doesn't work that way.
    Does assassins creed count? Cuz there were moments when I was like, damn your monologue and damn you, I just jumped out of the rafters, why are we conversing?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Blakjak02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhat View Post
    The difference is if they stay out and fight I can generally kill them before 30 seconds apply because it's a glass cannon spec. Only it's a glass cannon spec you can't actually attack back.

    It's a ****ing ******** spec.
    Lol.. what server group are you on? I can guarantee with your whining that I, an r8 rogue, in a well specced sin/bd/inf combo could 3 hit you. With 5.5k hp and nearly 40% mitigation i doubt you could kill mee even if you had another rogue attacking me (happened before)....
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

    Message me in the game if you want to chat...

  7. #7
    Ascendant Landru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhat View Post
    The difference is if they stay out and fight I can generally kill them before 30 seconds apply because it's a glass cannon spec. Only it's a glass cannon spec you can't actually attack back.

    It's a ****ing ******** spec.
    But a) why the hell would they do that...being assassins and all, and b) this is not new. Not even a little new.

    You got spanked and you're crying about it, I understand. And since I do understand I won't treat you the way parachamps treated people who complained after geting roflstomped or the way pre-nerf pyros treated people who got roasted alive.

    You can even borrow my blankie if you want.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser jeffreyac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhat View Post
    The difference is if they stay out and fight I can generally kill them before 30 seconds apply because it's a glass cannon spec. Only it's a glass cannon spec you can't actually attack back.

    It's a ****ing ******** spec.
    Ya know, I believe the OP on this. As a rogue, if a fight EVER lasts 30 seconds, then yeah, I'm going to lose - I need to win in the first 10 seconds or so, or I'm in real trouble.

    Now, it does give the OP the appearance of saying he mows through rogues, implying he's a tough guy, but that he gets killed by just a rogue's bleeds, saying he's a creampuff - so I don't know what to believe on that count.

    Seriously, dude, if it's open world, just ride away. If we don't unstealth, we can't catch you, and if we do unstealth, then you get the fight you want with the rogue not stealthed, right?

    EDIT: perhaps 'dude' is incorrect, based on your avatar - if it is, my apologies...
    Last edited by jeffreyac; 08-21-2011 at 04:57 PM.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Sound like healers issue to me.

    I mean healers can easily take your debuffs off, and its not like rogue debuffs hits you too much anyway.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara Lande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    This also sounds a lot like something assassins should be able to do. As a warrior, it's annoying, but that goes along with fighting a class like that.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched INCdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhat View Post
    So right now there are about a dozen different rogues running around the PVP daily area all running the same spec.

    They pop up, load a bunch of bleeds and dots on someone and then vanish. For the next 30 seconds you just stand there watching the dots tick you down from full health to death because you do not drop out of combat until that last dot finishes ticking. So unless you have some self healing up or a pot you will die because you can't drink until the last dot finishes ticking even though the rogue is stealthed and just sitting there watching.


    I wish I was exaggerating on the amount of rogues just hanging around doing the same but I'm not.

    This is complete ********.
    QQ

    You could always include some healing into your spec solving the problem altogether and probably killing said rogue when he attacks you.

  12. #12
    Telaran ThePostal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Sounds to me like you should stop getting out of range of your healer or if your on a PVP server find some friends. Or just stop complaining about it and do better.
    Dresden - Faeblight "Future signature to be placed here or your money back."

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara Ts117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    Gimme 1 time in history where an Assassin comes out and says "Hey, I'm going to try to kill you now, make sure your buffed and healed up!"

    Doesn't work that way.
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. ..."

  14. #14
    Ascendant TheDrizzle404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ts117 View Post
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. ..."
    you win the thread.

    OP, you shouldnt come to the forums for sympathy. people here feed on anguish. its a pretty weak tactic theyre using, but theyre getting a kick out of it. the only thing you can do is bring more friends, or log an alt for a while.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    Gimme 1 time in history where an Assassin comes out and says "Hey, I'm going to try to kill you now, make sure your buffed and healed up!"

    Doesn't work that way.
    How about you give one time in history where an assassin could magically become completely invisible?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts