+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The real reason why warriors are OP

Telaran

My Riftblade warrior rarely ever crits above 600 and dies every battle unless there's a healer involved. Takes 5 minutes to take down a friggin mote even after it accelerates my hits to do 2300 damage max.
    Last edited by f00dl3; 08-22-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by brutis View Post
    R6+ is able to heal though without a problem. There really is no excuse losing to an equally geared/skilled warrior 1v1.

Warrior + pocket cleric is a different matter...

Finally somebody speaks the truth. Speaking of truth, how about them Waterjet crits for 800+ agaisnt 1000 valor. Nerf Waterjet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    You must be joking right? Why dont you actually play a R8 Warrior vrs any of those callings, then report back. Bring some SS's of you "ripping the other R8's" in two.... Thats right, it doesnt happen.

What is so hard to understand about the Warrior with the best pvp gear in the game, with BiS supporting items, pots, oilstones, full buffs.... Yea, this is the guy wrecking you. Soon as the above warrior even attacks you, you rage out, and cry QQ on the forums about getting "2shot" or "insta gibbed". What you forget to mention is you are wearing R3 gear mix with some 5man crap on, with 500 valor, who has no idea how to counter the monster above. You dont see any R8 Cleirc/ Mages/ and/or roges here crying warriorz 2shot them, because, lets say it again, it doesnt happen.
    Umm, I'm rank 7 with 936 Valor, I run some of the best PVP gear in the game, You're an idiot if ya think a Rank 8 Warrior doesn't **** on the classes you just mentioned.

When you hit lvl 50, you're allowed to post Mc Scrubbins, till then **** and let the adults talks.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Umm, I'm rank 7 with 936 Valor, I run some of the best PVP gear in the game, You're an idiot if ya think a Rank 8 Warrior doesn't **** on the classes you just mentioned.

When you hit lvl 50, you're allowed to post Mc Scrubbins, till then **** and let the adults talks.
    You run "Some" of the best gear, I run "all" of the best gear(R8+Oilstones+BL etc..,). Now please you go sit in the corner and let the adults talk.

You are a prime example of somebody who needs to L2P. Why dont you check out your specfic class forums for help on how to play brosive.

Ah, I see you are in the same battlegroup, and your toons name actually seems somewhat familiar, I do believe we steamrolled over you numerious times this past weekend. Who woulda thought
    Last edited by Columbian; 08-22-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    You run "Some" of the best gear, I run "all" of the best gear(R8+Oilstones+BL etc..,). Now please you go sit in the corner and let the adults talk.

You are a prime example of somebody who needs to L2P. Why dont you check out your specfic class forums for help on how to play brosive.

Ah, I see you are in the same battlegroup, and your toons name actually seems somewhat familiar, I do believe we steamrolled over you numerious times this past weekend. Who woulda thought
    You don't know squat about the Warrior Let alone the Mage class, So you talking is sad at best. like i said, If you can't mow through the clerics/rogues/mages of this game as a Rank 8 warrior, Spec out of Beast Master and quit sucking scrub.

As for rolling over me, If i'm pugging, i wouldn't doubt it for a second you rolled over the guardians in that Wargroup, However I spent the first night of the last weekend farming your Wargroup in the premade queue for a good 7 hours straight with zero losses.

So yea..
    Last edited by Sorovos; 08-22-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    You don't know squat about the Warrior Let alone the Mage class, So you talking is sad at best. like i said, If you can't mow through the clerics/rogues/mages of this game as a Rank 8 warrior, Spec out of Beast Master and quit sucking scrub.

Awww, even getting nerd tears while Im at work, Im so awesome. All you have are rage comments because you cannot stand being outplayed / outgeared.

I never said we couldnt mow rogues down 1v1. Mages and clerics in equal gear and spec are a good fight when the said person actually knows how to play his class. Why dont you check out a post by "Mesk" on your mage forums, and maybe learn a little bit, or watch Blood's pvp videos, w/e his name is.

You sir are just bad.

If that is your mages name in your siggy, I will make it a point to bring my scrub warrior over to say hello while you are camping the GY if we cross paths in a WF.
    Last edited by Columbian; 08-22-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by killhimnotme View Post
    Here is the real reason as to why we all think warriors are op! its actually quite simple!

Reason being? the diminishing return system!!!!

you ask yourself, well how is it that makes them overpowered? Well let me enlighten you, everytime you have a warrior in your face, and you try to get away, you die, because you are unable to peel that said warrior (I as a mage hate this)

on the other hand, if I was able to 100% know I can root them, or knockback, or slow (because they wouldn't share the same dr) would I be to worried about warriors? not at all! The moment I saw one in my face I would be able to create distance using the one of the 3 cc's noted!

But as it is right now the dr system is ****ed up beyond all recognition... let me tell you exactly how matches go, especially in the new whitefall. The warrior charges in, the moment he charges he will suffer a small stun, or an AoE fear from the other warriors,he will get out of that, proceed to go directly to the cleric or mage healer, they will then use some sort of knock back or something to create some distance, then guess what? For the next 15 seconds that warrior is an unstoppable killing machine, he is a freight train destroying everything in his path because nothing can stop him, and no one can create space between him.

So to recap, warriors hit extremely hard when in your face, right now we all hate them because we can not get them out of our face, I am fine with the damage they do, but at least give me a chance when facing them to create some space so im not useless... PROBLEM SOLVED
    do i actualy see a mage useing there abilitys instead of just standing there and letting the warrior pound on them ?

the main reason players think warriors are OP is because they are not useing there class skills, warriors are easily beaten if you use them, thats what they are there for. clerics heal spamming warriros and bards buffs also make it seem this way.without a healer a warrioris squshy as hell.
    clerics cant be killed 1 vs 1 and are the most OP CLASS in the game right now so warriors wont be killing those anytime soon.
    mages are suppose to be squishy and are not i can tell you that much, they have the most CC and debuff abilitys to render a warrior utter useless and able to heal themselves. mages can kite warriors. im a full rank 8 warrior 951 valor and when mages can hit you from 30 metre's away for 5k every 8 seconds then something unbalanced specialy when that mage is not as squishy as you think.

most warriors are FOTM'ing the either paladin/riftblade/champion or champion/riftblade/voidknight FOTM's

i can admit those builds abused with the sheild and daggerare OP and [Planar blade] <--- a broken abused skill that needs fixing.

not gonna get into rogues because they are just broken and heavily exploitable
    Last edited by RubberDuckie; 08-22-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Best post ever +1 pure truth

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    The main issue is that there is no tradeoffs for the warrior class. You go from 2hander/dual wield to sword n board your damage should be cut in half but it isn't. You trade damage for survivability in a fair manner not 5% damage loss for 40% more armor and 2x as hard to kill(THANKS BLOCK).

As a Rogue if I spec into Riftstalker I can't do ANY DAMAGE AT ALL. The spec that gives me all the movement abilites has no offense and I will die to a naked bard if I try to fight one. Thats fine though because its a trade off. Warriors don't trade damage in a equal way for surviveability and thats the main issue.

Damage
    Crowd Control
    High Health Pool
    High Defense
    Mobility

Pick 2.

That's how it should be.

You, sir, are 100% completely correct. This is EXACTLY right, and ANYBODY who denies this, of course =) is a FotM Warrior. Nerf Bat is coming, and rightfully so. So bend over, get ready to have to use some skill, and take it like a man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4