+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Escalation doesnt really pay off for guardians..

Telaran

Default Escalation doesnt really pay off for guardians..

Okay im currently r7 and grinding towards rank 8, and thought yey!! extra bonuses again from the new whitefall, Escalation again this weekend.. been doing it a lot of em the passed 2 days, but guardians in my battlegroup (icewatch) just gets streamrolled by defiant premades over and over.. Today i have done 15 escalations and won 1 which earned me about 2.2k favor.. the rest i have done has given me an average of about 700-900 favor pr game. Some games the defiant even choose to hold on to the 3 stones and just farm the hell outta us. Making the Wfs really slow and decreasing the favor gained pr hour.. Sad that signing up for the new wfs which acually has decent bonus in favor gained, doesnt pay off at all.. Is anyone else experiencing this during the weekends? seems wiser to just grind the other Wfs, now that defiant wins everything making the gap between guardian high ranks and defiant high ranks even bigger..

Well thats my 50 cents, flame away...

Note: ohhh yeah almost won 1 escalation, but our 2 stones only counted as 1 and when we returned the 3rd stone we didnt win, and we ended up loosing.. GG trion..
    -Cellar rank 8 rogue Icewatch-

I'm in icewatch aswell on the guardian side... it makes me sad... time to reroll!

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

You could be more accurate and say escalation doesn't pay off for losers, but in reality that isn't true as well. You will get more from losing escalation than you do if you lose any of the other WFs.

Telaran

Default agree

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post
    I'm in icewatch aswell on the guardian side... it makes me sad... time to reroll!
    Its really horrid, since the post i just done 1 more which ofc we lost by being farmed at the GY..

I tend to agree.
    On Estrael's wargroup we lose about 70% of the time during the day. Not as bad as you've stated, but its still pretty depressing. Unless of course you were playing at 6:00server time, which is the time frame I refer to as the "Defiant-insta-win-time". Almost not worth queing it up, but as least we get something.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    You could be more accurate and say escalation doesn't pay off for losers, but in reality that isn't true as well. You will get more from losing escalation than you do if you lose any of the other WFs.
    Ya okay sry for my misleading header..

But the other Wfs we atleast win during the weekend.. so its more favor gained then doing escalation..

Telaran

heh wish it was like this in my battle group..
    Quote Originally Posted by titansgrip View Post
    What is the benefit of having sole access to the highest damaging 2h weapons if not the highest melee DSP? The exclusiveness of plate and 2h weapons should have benefit fitting to that uniqueness.
    best line ever! Clearly cloth/chain/leather is usable by all but plate is war only because they want to set warriors above the rest. WAR 4 LIFE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarzak View Post
    heh wish it was like this in my battle group..

And why would that be ? there is no challenge... there is no fun... just dead guardians.. and a lot of rage in the guardian chat xD

second point... anyone ideas how to fix this problem ?
    Last edited by Bionitro; 08-21-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Rift Disciple

You mean it doesn't pay off "today" or "this weekend". Last weekend defiant on my cluster lost more whitefalls than we won. This weekend we're winning more than losing. People come to forums way too quickly to complain about imbalances after just a handful of data. I'm sorry today isn't your day but there's always tomorrow.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    You mean it doesn't pay off "today" or "this weekend". Last weekend defiant on my cluster lost more whitefalls than we won. This weekend we're winning more than losing. People come to forums way too quickly to complain about imbalances after just a handful of data. I'm sorry today isn't your day but there's always tomorrow.
    Dude im a heavy grinder of Wfs and i have done escalation all weekend and its the same result everyday, you might no believe me but the win rate for defiants in our battleground is close to 90%, done 18 now and still only won 1 today.. last night we won a few but i can count those on 1 hand and i did like 7 hours of Wfs..

Telaran

Default ...

Thank god i grinded to rank 6 in another battlegroup..

Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    ohw trust me i've played a decent amount of wf to get a good picture of whats going on... and defiants 90% of the times steamroll us.

just read this in an other thread, this is why we are having this problem in the first place;

I'm echoing what's been said here - it's tolerable if you can roll a support class and hide behind your own high ranked players, but as a warrior it is impossible.

And if you're on a server where say, defiant outnumber guardian enormously, then you probably don't have any high ranked players to hide behind and the whole warfront concept is borked beyond saving.

~ Ornery

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...w-players.html

Yeah, I honestly think what's going on is the fact that most servers are Defiant heavy. With the PvP rifts they were able to zerg their way ahead of Guardian players (on the average). It's pretty much Warhammer all over again. One side has more people, allows them to rank up faster, gets better gear, the other faction as a whole can't keep up, and then you get this situation.
    Even free cost too much now

just an idea here;

" why doesn't Trion make it so, we can reroll existing characters to the other faction"

could be a solution, more low ranks go to defiant side, and more high geared defiants go to guardian side ;)

think about that way it's more challenging for the existing P8 defiants.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast