+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Grisheub
  • 1 Post By astrocanis

Thread: A positive message

Rift Disciple

Default A positive message

As I will be hitting 50 within the next few hours, and will thus fall again to the realm of the insta-dead squishy instead of topping healing and damage, I just wanted to say something positive before my mood gets ruined.

I wanted to say thanks to the good players I've been around in the 40's bracket. Now, since I keep my character and my forum names completely separate, I can't thank them by name. But I've thanked them in person, and this is for those I haven't had a chance to see, or even folks like them in other battle groups.

You're the folks that thank your healers.
    You're the folks that encourage positive activity, rather than just typing profanity in all caps.
    You're the folks that actually try to teach people to be better players.

In the online community, it's a pretty cool thing when people see you enter a WF, and go "Awesome, ________________ is here!!" Especially when they're on a completely different server, and the only time they've seen you is in WF.

I guess it's also kind of complimentary when the other team sees you, and they actually yell out "Kill __________." Though it usually results in a lot of deaths, because no amount of mitigation or healing can fend off 6-1 odds for very long.

So now I move on to the realm of what will probably be "Oh god, another new 50, you're useless."

Meh... now I need to kill someone.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

Soulwalker

I agree with you,

I had a blast in 40-49 as a healer, just dinged 50 and getting facerolled all the time.

Guess will have to bite through it, for a while..

Martino (Whitefall)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gixso View Post
    I agree with you,

I had a blast in 40-49 as a healer, just dinged 50 and getting facerolled all the time.

Guess will have to bite through it, for a while..

Martino (Whitefall)
    Very nice post. Giving it a "like".

What server are you on? I've had mixed results leveling up. Seastoners were absolutely terrible pvpers (and nasty jerks as well) leveling, but they seem to be better at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post

What server are you on? I've had mixed results leveling up. Seastoners were absolutely terrible pvpers (and nasty jerks as well) leveling, but they seem to be better at 50.
    Seastone guardians don't need to run off at the mouth. Our wins speak loud enough.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Seastone guardians don't need to run off at the mouth. Our wins speak loud enough.
    Then try getting your compatriots to shut up. Never seen such a group of nasty, spoiled, entitled children in any game at any time.

Individually, you guys are OK. For group play it's like watching weasels run around aimlessly. Zero situational awareness. Zero.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post

I'm on Whitefall EU

Seastone is full of baddies

Rift Master

this will change when i come back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Champion

For sure, i posted it somewere else but ill say it again

I'd rather have an 'xp off' button for any 45 toon than even a free pass to a R8.. you just can't beat the earlier balance, in my opinion at least. Thats the reason im rerolling toon after toon at least...

anyways, best of luck in your PvP conquests and im glad you graced an MMO like Rift with your good sportsmanship and skill ;D

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gixso View Post
    I'm on Whitefall EU
    Mate you are going to hear a lot of trash talking on Whitefall, - Initially for me it was because I was useless with my 5k hps -I shouldnt be allowed in the WF, then because I didnt do enough HPS, then because I gave up on that and started DPSing, then because my PVP heal spec didnt have enough points to give me the "Healer" tag and now because Ive refused to be healer for rude people who have abused other players and myself. I'm not the best player in the world but I can live with that-Other people can't.

Fact is there are some sad people on our shard-Dont let them get to you and play on as you want and have fun.

Chances are you will get a lot of stick-It's the same names over and over-About 5-6 /ignores on our shard and your experience will be much more pleasant. Stick at it-We need more people like you in the 50 WFs!

Feel free to let us know how this is working for you.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Mate you are going to hear a lot of trash talking on Whitefall, - Initially for me it was because I was useless with my 5k hps -I shouldnt be allowed in the WF, then because I didnt do enough HPS, then because I gave up on that and started DPSing, then because my PVP heal spec didnt have enough points to give me the "Healer" tag and now because Ive refused to be healer for rude people who have abused other players and myself. I'm not the best player in the world but I can live with that-Other people can't.

Fact is there are some sad people on our shard-Dont let them get to you and play on as you want and have fun.

Chances are you will get a lot of stick-It's the same names over and over-About 5-6 /ignores on our shard and your experience will be much more pleasant. Stick at it-We need more people like you in the 50 WFs!

I'm more busy to heal as well as survie ! lol.

+ Reply to Thread