+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Your healers and your team

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default Your healers and your team

    Yea, I need to rant now and then too.

    Apparently in their infinite wisdom, Trion has determined that a Chlorolock is not a healer, as it's flagged as DPS as soon as the 'lock' portion has the same number of points as Chloro, even when Chloro is the main spec.

    Now, this unfortunately confuses the more simple minded players, who see a red box with a sword, and automatically know for a fact, that person can't heal.

    WF after WF, they will scream "we have no healers, we're going to lose!!!!" despite the fact that they have actually won the past 5 WFs with basically the same team.

    And no... I'm not going to respec to be a "pure healer" as I was basically ordered to do by some nerd-raging self-appointed Rift commando. Sorry, but past 32 there's just not much in the Chloro bracket that I think can help. I think I'm more useful at the current stage putting those points into Warlock to up the damage I put out, thus triggering reactive heals that help keep the people who have watched "300" too many times alive.

    Maybe I'm wrong... maybe there's some benefit, or some rotation I haven't seen that would make the 1 extra healing spell past 32 points beneficial. If so, please enlighten me, I know I don't know everything, and I'm always open to learning.

    My point though. Think about it before you nerdrage folks... even if you see lots of red boxes with swords, some of them may be the Chloro that can save your *** with a well timed Essense Surge. Or perhaps a cleric or rogue with some healing that can save the day.

    Now, I'm not like some of these egotistical idiots who apparently think THEIR contribution is what can make or break a WF like the "you all suck" morons that now populate my ignore list. I know the team would probably do well without me (assuming they know the concept of a 'team'), but I also know that my contributions aren't useless either. I feel good knowing that if I'm in the midst of the fight, I'll pretty much constantly top heals AND damage. Of course, I'm also smart enough to know that those numbers don't mean everything. I've seen people do very little damage, and next to no healing, but be a major factor in the win because of their tactical decision making.

    Well, I feel better anyway, sorry for the wall of text.

    Enjoy the game folks, that's what we're all here for, and the best thing I can hope for everyone.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

    - me

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Except that a Chloro can't keep anyone alive under focus fire while a cleric can

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple gothicraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnerer View Post
    Except that a Chloro can't keep anyone alive under focus fire while a cleric can
    So true, a cleric can spike heal between 5,000 - 5,500 if need be and and stack aoe 1500 if convictions are going and the hots going.
    inverted is good

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Relative to the OP, it would probably be best if Trion had never marked players to begin with... As it is, if you're marked as a healer, you are focus-fired and don't live long enough to be useful to your team in a WF... especially with warriors rampaging through the lines totally oblivious to anyone hitting on them and one-shotting their targets after they use their instant gap-closer skills...

    Well, not to hijack this thread into another "Warriors are OP" rant...

    I find that with the Warlock-Archon-Chloromancer spec on my mage and the Druid-Justicar-Shaman spec on my cleric, I get much more healing accomplished in most warfronts than I do with a healing spec -- simply because I'm not flagged as a healer.

    You can't do much healing when you're in the rez circle...

  5. #5
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    I used to roll around on a cabalist / justicar before cabs ate a nerf. I always had a great time making fools out of the crowd that loves to say stupid things like "Lol, all our clerics are DPS we lose, clerics must love losing", and then end the match, as the winning teams, with the highest heals and DPS and least deaths. Good times.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    The heal chart says nothing. What matters is spike healing and the dmg shields + hots clerics can use. Also the big chloro numbers come from at least 80% overheal and it gets even worse the more chloros you have in your team.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Clerics have the healing tools, simple as that.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  8. #8
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnerer View Post
    The heal chart says nothing. What matters is spike healing and the dmg shields + hots clerics can use. Also the big chloro numbers come from at least 80% overheal and it gets even worse the more chloros you have in your team.
    Overheal is not counted.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  9. #9
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Say there are 10-20 people on your team. You have a Cleric that is trying to keep one person up that is being focused that is going to die anyway. Meanwhile, the rest of the team is dying...

    ...yep, you take the Clerics.

    I'll take the Bards/Chloros.

    I'll take the Bards that are dropping out the Motifs, providing the buffs, that are debuffing the enemy for magical and physical damage, that are using CC, and are healing.

    I'll take the mix of Chlor/Locks, Chlor/Doms, Chlor/Archons that not only are healing but are also buffing/debuffing/CCing and all the rest.

    It is funny that one of the chief complaints about healing from Clerics in the past has been from the overlap of AoE HoT spamming. Bards/Chlors bring that overlap and more.

    Heck, I'd prefer the Clerics perhaps took 16 in Ward for Healing Flood and went Cab or Sham. Bring some Inq/Justs. It'll be an AoE Healfest... while doing oh so much more.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Liandral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    I'm surprised at the attitude of some in this thread.

    Healing is healing, whether bard, mage, cleric with an icar spec...

    Honestly people should be grateful they get anything.....

    The self entitlement of players in Rift is getting old

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grisheub View Post
    Yea, I need to rant now and then too.

    Apparently in their infinite wisdom, Trion has determined that a Chlorolock is not a healer, as it's flagged as DPS as soon as the 'lock' portion has the same number of points as Chloro, even when Chloro is the main spec.

    Now, this unfortunately confuses the more simple minded players, who see a red box with a sword, and automatically know for a fact, that person can't heal.

    WF after WF, they will scream "we have no healers, we're going to lose!!!!" despite the fact that they have actually won the past 5 WFs with basically the same team.

    And no... I'm not going to respec to be a "pure healer" as I was basically ordered to do by some nerd-raging self-appointed Rift commando. Sorry, but past 32 there's just not much in the Chloro bracket that I think can help. I think I'm more useful at the current stage putting those points into Warlock to up the damage I put out, thus triggering reactive heals that help keep the people who have watched "300" too many times alive.

    Maybe I'm wrong... maybe there's some benefit, or some rotation I haven't seen that would make the 1 extra healing spell past 32 points beneficial. If so, please enlighten me, I know I don't know everything, and I'm always open to learning.

    My point though. Think about it before you nerdrage folks... even if you see lots of red boxes with swords, some of them may be the Chloro that can save your *** with a well timed Essense Surge. Or perhaps a cleric or rogue with some healing that can save the day.

    Now, I'm not like some of these egotistical idiots who apparently think THEIR contribution is what can make or break a WF like the "you all suck" morons that now populate my ignore list. I know the team would probably do well without me (assuming they know the concept of a 'team'), but I also know that my contributions aren't useless either. I feel good knowing that if I'm in the midst of the fight, I'll pretty much constantly top heals AND damage. Of course, I'm also smart enough to know that those numbers don't mean everything. I've seen people do very little damage, and next to no healing, but be a major factor in the win because of their tactical decision making.

    Well, I feel better anyway, sorry for the wall of text.

    Enjoy the game folks, that's what we're all here for, and the best thing I can hope for everyone.
    Another abused player just because he happens to have a heal soul... The entire community needs to start giving these idiots a verbal slap down the moment they start in WFs I think...
    Last edited by Torvax; 08-22-2011 at 05:43 AM.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    15

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Arynite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    234

    Default

    As someone who also gets complained at a lot for having a sword next to my name a lot, I feel your pain, OP. I don't build my specs around what other people think I should play. I do, however, build them around what I feel to be effective for my playstyle. If others don't like it, then tough cookies.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    I find that with the Warlock-Archon-Chloromancer spec on my mage and the Druid-Justicar-Shaman spec on my cleric, I get much more healing accomplished in most warfronts than I do with a healing spec -- simply because I'm not flagged as a healer.

    You can't do much healing when you're in the rez circle...
    While I agree that running specs designed to keep you up and healing are useful, I'm not sure I understand how enemies don't flag you as a healer. Enemies don't see the + or sword symbols your names. Instead, they have to figure it out by sorting healing done, and by looking at what buffs/spells the enemy is using. In most cases, they just sort the scores, and put a "1" on whoever has the highest number, be it bard, cleric, or chlor. I often see end scores like http://i56.tinypic.com/wgvzp4.jpg where everyone focuses their dps on the top healing, even if it's an -icar or chlorlock.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    I'm finding that 51 Chloro is actually a pretty good spec for Escalated Whitefall. However, I don't show up as a healer in raid, I show up as support (I have 10 points in Dom).

  15. #15
    Champion TheBidnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MID WEST USA
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arynite View Post
    As someone who also gets complained at a lot for having a sword next to my name a lot, I feel your pain, OP. I don't build my specs around what other people think I should play. I do, however, build them around what I feel to be effective for my playstyle. If others don't like it, then tough cookies.




    While I agree that running specs designed to keep you up and healing are useful, I'm not sure I understand how enemies don't flag you as a healer. Enemies don't see the + or sword symbols your names. Instead, they have to figure it out by sorting healing done, and by looking at what buffs/spells the enemy is using. In most cases, they just sort the scores, and put a "1" on whoever has the highest number, be it bard, cleric, or chlor. I often see end scores like http://i56.tinypic.com/wgvzp4.jpg where everyone focuses their dps on the top healing, even if it's an -icar or chlorlock.
    I have never been in a WF where I can see the opponents rolls. You know how the other team knows who to FF your numbers. Open up the WF boards look at healing done and mark from there. They have no idea you have a sword by your name or a cross or a sheild. The only people who know what your roll is, is your teammates.

    Such a stupid excuse... the reason you dont get FF'd when you go with a DPS spec is because you don't matter your a DPS that heals not a HEALER. The other team knows the difference and LULZ at your shabby AOE heals whether you lead the boards or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts