+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AFK new generation

Default AFK new generation

They do not sit on the respawn.
    They chat in a channel.
    But your team loosing because they don't participate.
    Every second WF you can find one afker.

Kick them!
    Open WF statistics (by default "`" key) and look for "damage done/damage taken/healing done/healing taken" columns.
    If all these numbers are zero or close, this is afk "player".

Beware of false recognition. If player also has favor close to zero that means he just joined.
    Last edited by dymm; 08-21-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dymm View Post
    They chat in a channel.

Kick them!
    Open WF statistics (by default "`" key) and look for "damage done/damage taken/healing done/healing taken" columns.

Beware of false recognition. If player also has favor close to zero that means he just joined.
    I wonder if they're the ones screaming about marking the healers while still sitting on their mounts far away from the front lines of the battle a minute into Escalation...

But seriously, yea, I've seen them even in the 40's bracket, especially in Escalation.

When I see someone that I know has been there since the beginning of the match, and at the end I see that they did 0 damage, and 0 healing, I'm putting them on my personal little naughty list.

Not sure what I'll do with it, but I'm sure karma will kick in eventually.

Plus there's just something about having a list....
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

Plane Touched

Default Dominator

They chat in a channel.

Kick them!

The AFK problematic should have been solved long ago. But there is ONE Problems:

1) Not to punish Defenders moving around the base/Flag/Stone/Random Object.

I am quite confident Trion do not want to solve "problem". If they did, they would have done it ages ago! The additional money earned on these "Bot Account" makes up for the declining quality Game play endured by the rest of community. That is the Theory both at Blizzards and Trions Headquarters.

Conclusion: Quality comes second. Money First.

I dislike this approach, but I can not solve it for you. Maybe you folks should write more letters on the Forum... HAHAHAHAHA

Regards

Acererak

Not agreed.
    2% of "bot accounts" vs 98% of "normal accounts" not a huge dilemma for Trion.

The issue of afk is very not trivial for immediate solving.
    Just suggest a simple way the players can affect.
    Last edited by dymm; 08-21-2011 at 04:24 AM.

Plane Touched

Maybe some people are tired of participating in wf's because they are lame, but its the only consistent way for them to rank up. Is that their fault? No, I think trion should implement more end game content, and part of the problem will be solved. If they are truly afk then kick them and they will be dealt with. If they are in the wf and not participating, well they pay the same as you. Thats how they want to play so deal with it.
    Last edited by Madaam; 08-21-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madaam View Post
    Maybe some people are tired of participating in wf's because they are lame, but its the only consistent way for them to rank up. Is that their fault? No, I think trion should implement more end game content, and part of the problem will be solved. If they are truly afk then kick them and they will be dealt with. If they are in the wf and not participating, well they pay the same as you. Thats how they want to play so deal with it.
    Looks like we have an AFKer on this thread!

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Technically, they're not playing. And if they want to pay someone $15/mo to sit around on their useless arses, they should be paying the players who actually did all the work. These worthless leeches need to be kicked, and if they've accumulated several kicks they need to be banned from joining any WF, period.

Shadowlander

I have been in multiple WF's with you "afk'ing." And I have to say, that is ridiculous. If you don't want to participate, even though you are at your computer doing nothing, I'm sorry, you should not get credit or rewards.

The problem is, and you know it, that Trion can't do a thing because people legitimately defending and contributing to the objective will be penalized. While you sit there "defending" in stealth, watch the objective be overrun, and still "defend" in stealth. Doing absolutely nothing but hurting the team.

I'd rather have a dps cleric than your sorry butt there.

There's no point in ranking up if you're not going to PvP...just saying
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lilholymon View Post
    I have been in multiple WF's with you "afk'ing." And I have to say, that is ridiculous. If you don't want to participate, even though you are at your computer doing nothing, I'm sorry, you should not get credit or rewards.

The problem is, and you know it, that Trion can't do a thing because people legitimately defending and contributing to the objective will be penalized. While you sit there "defending" in stealth, watch the objective be overrun, and still "defend" in stealth. Doing absolutely nothing but hurting the team.

I'd rather have a dps cleric than your sorry butt there.
    I would rather my rogue have something better to use other than stealth myself, but we are as it is a useless calling so that is how I would rather play the game. It's not my fault trion made it that way, I just play it.
    Last edited by Madaam; 08-21-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Plane Touched

I went on strike, sorry. When every r7 and r8 healer comes on and says "Hey trion, I am healing through 4 solid specced r8 dpsers with a healing debuff on me, and I STILL didn't have to stop bouncing!" I will play again. Until then, I am useless. I even made a ranged AoE spamming spec with fellblades, and the enemy team still poofs up to full health 5 players at a time.

When every fotm riftblade comes on and says "Hey trion, I am using a one hander and a shield, but I still pump out TRIPLE the damage of a solid specced, r8 rogue" I will play again. Until then, I am useless.

Some of us have enjoyed the game since beta. I have advocated for Rift and gotten friends to join because I like it so much. You know what I enjoy doing? I stalk the countryside in stillmoor, picking off the unsuspecting and engaging in fights out in the world. If I could rank up by doing this, I WOULD DO THIS ALL DAY. This is the reason why I rank up - so I can compete and go stalk out in the world.

But sadly, getting tossed into a huge weekend cluster**** of healers and warriors is my only option for ranking up. I cannot use my strategy in here. I cannot hit and run. I cannot heal debuff enough. I cannot stay alive long enough.

I am halfway to r8. I have a rugged build with 7300hp and 1023 valor. As of this weekend, I cannot stand banging my head against a wall trying to compete with the obscene imbalances. The fotm warriors and OP healers can farm me my prestige now, and I beseech my fellow rogues to do the same. if you don't like it, tell trion to make me viable and I will gladly participate again.

Did you do the calculations involved to come up with this precise statement?
    I would assume you have been to every battle group and played multiple games on them in order to come up with your thesis.
    If you haven't done the above you can't make that comment.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zarak View Post
    I went on strike, sorry. When every r7 and r8 healer comes on and says "Hey trion, I am healing through 4 solid specced r8 dpsers with a healing debuff on me, and I STILL didn't have to stop bouncing!" I will play again. Until then, I am useless. I even made a ranged AoE spamming spec with fellblades, and the enemy team still poofs up to full health 5 players at a time.

When every fotm riftblade comes on and says "Hey trion, I am using a one hander and a shield, but I still pump out TRIPLE the damage of a solid specced, r8 rogue" I will play again. Until then, I am useless.

Some of us have enjoyed the game since beta. I have advocated for Rift and gotten friends to join because I like it so much. You know what I enjoy doing? I stalk the countryside in stillmoor, picking off the unsuspecting and engaging in fights out in the world. If I could rank up by doing this, I WOULD DO THIS ALL DAY. This is the reason why I rank up - so I can compete and go stalk out in the world.

But sadly, getting tossed into a huge weekend cluster**** of healers and warriors is my only option for ranking up. I cannot use my strategy in here. I cannot hit and run. I cannot heal debuff enough. I cannot stay alive long enough.

I am halfway to r8. I have a rugged build with 7300hp and 1023 valor. As of this weekend, I cannot stand banging my head against a wall trying to compete with the obscene imbalances. The fotm warriors and OP healers can farm me my prestige now, and I beseech my fellow rogues to do the same. if you don't like it, tell trion to make me viable and I will gladly participate again.
    I second this statement, and completely agree.

Rift Disciple

Just fill out petitions after matches. Trion is generally pretty quick about afkers. Not sure why they seem to fart around on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarak View Post

While I agree there are still some problems with PVP balance, to say that rogues are worthless is both false and ignorant. Based on what you are saying I am assuming you are running a 51 assassin / 15 Infiltrator (just a guess may not be true.) I ran that spec for awhile and it's pretty worthless in group PVP. You do have alternatives though...

1) Rogues have one of the best flag running specs to use in WFs.

2) Marksman has the best purge in the game and can put out some serious burst damage

3) Nightblades (I currently run 51 NB / 15 Inf / 0 BD) can melt face with Living Flame and Ebon Fury. Additionally, being immune to damage for 9 seconds while having cleanse soul and Side Steps. If you actually want to get some heals I recommend trying it.

4) Bards are great in PVP. Nothing better than getting killing blows with a Lute while buffing/healing your team.

5) There is a good Riftstalker / Assassin bleed pressure build with good survivability.

6) Hell go full Riftstalker once and charge. You will be suprised how many people continue to beat on you cause you have a purple bar thinking you are squishy. Gives the whole team time to take people out.

In conclusion, put down your stealth crutch and try something else. Don't complain about a class being broken when they have plenty of viable builds.
    <<Insert witty comment here>>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast