+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Exploiters finally rolled back!

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Raiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sanctum
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Exploiters finally rolled back!

    Just got conformation.

    My friend just called me(its almost 5am x_x) and said his prestige rank has been reset(to the rank he had before the exploit) and for some reason they reset his Order of The Eye rep.

    I guess I will be re-subbing next month, but I'm not happy that these rollbacks took so long.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara Corian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    You're still going to get rolled by the legitimate rank 8 players.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Raiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sanctum
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    You're still going to get rolled by the legitimate rank 8 players.
    I'd rather die to someone that grinded their ***** off for PR8 then to someone who got it from an exploit any day.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Such a stupid thing to say. You are resubbing because Trion did exactly the thing they said they were going to do, and everyone expected them to do, after unsubbing because despite them telling you very precisely that they were going to do it, and why it was taking them a few weeks to do it, they hadn't done it yet. What are you, 12?

    The fact that they did it today should have no bearing on your decision, because they explicitly announced they were going to punish the exploiters, and they were being careful about checking logs so they did it properly. Acting butthurt because they were taking the time to do it properly, then coming back because they did it, is just infantile.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara Raiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sanctum
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Such a stupid thing to say. You are resubbing because Trion did exactly the thing they said they were going to do, and everyone expected them to do, after unsubbing because despite them telling you very precisely that they were going to do it, and why it was taking them a few weeks to do it, they hadn't done it yet. What are you, 12?

    The fact that they did it today should have no bearing on your decision, because they explicitly announced they were going to punish the exploiters, and they were being careful about checking logs so they did it properly. Acting butthurt because they were taking the time to do it properly, then coming back because they did it, is just infantile.
    Unfortunately I have lost all faith in MMO companies, so I don't believe anything they say. You can insult me all you want, but that's just how I am.
    Last edited by Raiga; 08-21-2011 at 01:04 AM.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

  6. #6
    Soulwalker stringam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Ignore mrfunsocks he probably butthurt because he's about to be rolled back.

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara Raiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sanctum
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stringam View Post
    Ignore mrfunsocks he probably butthurt because he's about to be rolled back.
    It's quite alright!

    There are a lot of people on the forums who love to belittle others.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

  8. #8
    Telaran dymm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Actually, it's not exploit. Two groups may kill each other on the respawn with the same result.
    The real problem is absence of motivation to win.

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dymm View Post
    Actually, it's not exploit. Two groups may kill each other on the respawn with the same result.
    The real problem is absence of motivation to win.
    Picking up a stone and dropping it for a player of the opposite faction to "return" it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over is an exploit though.

    Exploiting bad game design.. but still an exploit.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-21-2011 at 01:53 AM.

  10. #10
    Telaran dymm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Not agreed...
    If you duplicate the item - indeed
    If you use game mechanics - not really. Bad design - of coarse. While any other thing excepting win can bring a reward.
    Last edited by dymm; 08-21-2011 at 02:22 AM.

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dymm View Post
    Not agreed...
    If you duplicate the item - indeed
    If you use game mechanics - not really. Bad design - of coarse. While any other thing excepting win can bring a reward.
    It is as far as they are concerned. That's all that matters. Also there is a difference between using something and abusing something. Playing legitamately and returning stones is one thing, co-ordination with the other faction to massively increase gains is an entirely different matter and Trion has made it clear what they think on it.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-21-2011 at 02:25 AM.

  12. #12
    Telaran dymm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    It is as far as they are concerned.
    Exactly!

    But the clue is following:
    While any other thing excepting win can bring a reward.
    If people didn't search for easy ways, they would sit till now on a tree

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dymm View Post
    Not agreed...
    If you duplicate the item - indeed
    If you use game mechanics - not really. Bad design - of coarse. While any other thing excepting win can bring a reward.
    It's an exploit if it's contrary to the spirit of the event. It's a PvP Rift. The idea is that you fight players of the opposite faction for control of the stones that you turn in to earn the rewards. If you're specifically coordinating with the opposing faction instead of fighting them so that you can maximize the rewards while bypassing the whole purpose of the event, you're acting contrary to the spirit of the vent.

    Hence, exploit.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dymm View Post
    Actually, it's not exploit. Two groups may kill each other on the respawn with the same result.
    The real problem is absence of motivation to win.
    A consensus between random people on the internet says you're wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(online_gaming)

    "An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1]"

    This is not an ambiguous definition. It was an exploit.
    Last edited by croon; 08-21-2011 at 02:51 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Arcanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanking you with a Raid
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Working with the ENEMY to cooperate vs the game.


    Clearly exploiting and im so glad they have rolled it back.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts