+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Exploiters finally rolled back!

Default Exploiters finally rolled back!

Just got conformation.

My friend just called me(its almost 5am x_x) and said his prestige rank has been reset(to the rank he had before the exploit) and for some reason they reset his Order of The Eye rep.

I guess I will be re-subbing next month, but I'm not happy that these rollbacks took so long.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

You're still going to get rolled by the legitimate rank 8 players.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    You're still going to get rolled by the legitimate rank 8 players.
    I'd rather die to someone that grinded their ***** off for PR8 then to someone who got it from an exploit any day.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Prophet of Telara

Such a stupid thing to say. You are resubbing because Trion did exactly the thing they said they were going to do, and everyone expected them to do, after unsubbing because despite them telling you very precisely that they were going to do it, and why it was taking them a few weeks to do it, they hadn't done it yet. What are you, 12?

The fact that they did it today should have no bearing on your decision, because they explicitly announced they were going to punish the exploiters, and they were being careful about checking logs so they did it properly. Acting butthurt because they were taking the time to do it properly, then coming back because they did it, is just infantile.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    Such a stupid thing to say. You are resubbing because Trion did exactly the thing they said they were going to do, and everyone expected them to do, after unsubbing because despite them telling you very precisely that they were going to do it, and why it was taking them a few weeks to do it, they hadn't done it yet. What are you, 12?

The fact that they did it today should have no bearing on your decision, because they explicitly announced they were going to punish the exploiters, and they were being careful about checking logs so they did it properly. Acting butthurt because they were taking the time to do it properly, then coming back because they did it, is just infantile.
    Unfortunately I have lost all faith in MMO companies, so I don't believe anything they say. You can insult me all you want, but that's just how I am.
    Last edited by Raiga; 08-21-2011 at 01:04 AM.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Ignore mrfunsocks he probably butthurt because he's about to be rolled back.

Quote Originally Posted by stringam View Post
    Ignore mrfunsocks he probably butthurt because he's about to be rolled back.
    It's quite alright!

There are a lot of people on the forums who love to belittle others.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Actually, it's not exploit. Two groups may kill each other on the respawn with the same result.
    The real problem is absence of motivation to win.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by dymm View Post
    Actually, it's not exploit. Two groups may kill each other on the respawn with the same result.
    Picking up a stone and dropping it for a player of the opposite faction to "return" it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over is an exploit though.

Exploiting bad game design.. but still an exploit.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-21-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Not agreed...
    If you duplicate the item - indeed
    If you use game mechanics - not really. Bad design - of coarse. While any other thing excepting win can bring a reward.
    Last edited by dymm; 08-21-2011 at 02:22 AM.

Champion

Not agreed...
    If you use game mechanics - not really. Bad design - of coarse. While any other thing excepting win can bring a reward.
    It is as far as they are concerned. That's all that matters. Also there is a difference between using something and abusing something. Playing legitamately and returning stones is one thing, co-ordination with the other faction to massively increase gains is an entirely different matter and Trion has made it clear what they think on it.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-21-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    It is as far as they are concerned.
    Exactly!

But the clue is following:
    While any other thing excepting win can bring a reward.
    If people didn't search for easy ways, they would sit till now on a tree

Ascendant

Not agreed...
    It's an exploit if it's contrary to the spirit of the event. It's a PvP Rift. The idea is that you fight players of the opposite faction for control of the stones that you turn in to earn the rewards. If you're specifically coordinating with the opposing faction instead of fighting them so that you can maximize the rewards while bypassing the whole purpose of the event, you're acting contrary to the spirit of the vent.

Hence, exploit.

Rift Chaser

A consensus between random people on the internet says you're wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploit_(online_gaming)

"An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1]"

This is not an ambiguous definition. It was an exploit.
    Last edited by croon; 08-21-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Working with the ENEMY to cooperate vs the game.

Clearly exploiting and im so glad they have rolled it back.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast