+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Exploiters finally rolled back!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    J
    I guess I will be re-subbing next month, but I'm not happy that these rollbacks took so long.

the question is...... will your friend be resubbing?

and im also waiting for the sheet storm from legit P7-P8s that will get mistakenly rolled back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Vorenu View Post
    it's not like they were using programs to one shot other players it's imo in the same boat as win-trading arena rating in wow and i don't think people got banned or anything for that, they were just denied rank1 etc at the season finish.
    (shrug)

Was it an exploit? Trion says yes.

Was Trion's publicly stated policy that is was going to deal harshly with exploiters, because they take these things very seriously? Yes.

Did this, in fact, happen? No.

Thats how I see it, I'm afraid. I agree - it's not a game breaker. I'm no where near R8, so I get rolled no matter if the exploiters were there or not. To me, it bugs me because it's the principle - Trion didn't in my opinion, back up their words with actions. I do fully understand that this is just my opinion, and others may feel differently, and I respect the right to do so...

Edit to add: and it's also about the future, and precedent. What about the next bug/exploit found, that IS game breaking? This is a young game, there will be other exploits. I really feel they've pretty much shown there won't be serious punishments for those willing to try it, so I think that's going to bite them at some point in the future. Again, just my opinion, I could very well be incorrect.
    Last edited by jeffreyac; 08-22-2011 at 07:12 AM.

TBH, I'm not sure it was time for R7 and 8. We end up with massively geared warriors no one seems able to touch. And that's no fun for anybody but them.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

It's occurred to me that I've spouted off in a few of these threads that I don't think the punishment was significant, without stating would I think would have been a significant amount of punishment - a foul on my part.

I don't want to see these folks burned at the stake - as someone has said, it's not a game breaking bug. What I think would have been fair was a loss of, say, double the amount of prestige/favor they gained in the exploit, including loss of any gear that now is unwearable due to loss of ranks.

To me, this is more than just a slap on the wrist - it's a loss that actually affects them negatively, but not so much so that it can't be recovered from. It's also elegant in that, the punishment for trying to shortcut the grind is that they've extended the grind for themselves a little bit. It's a punishment, but not one they're likely to /ragequit over.

So something like that is what I was hoping for - firm, fair, porportional (in that one who only ran the exploit a little would be punished less than one who put a lot of effort into it); a deterrent, but not a beheading.
    Last edited by jeffreyac; 08-22-2011 at 07:22 AM.

*Rolled Back* i loled people from BLoodiron lost 50 k prestige only kept all items rank 8 and needed just grind back prestige to wear r8 again. for cheating and getting 1 kk prestige for r 7 and r8 they lost only 50 k lol lol very fair
    The Night has just began... run kitty on hunt

Special OLympics GSB (5/5), ROS (5/5) GP(4/4) DH (4/4) HK(11/11) HAPPY TYRLITH?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyac View Post
    It's occurred to me that I've spouted off in a few of these threads that I don't think the punishment was significant, without stating would I think would have been a significant amount of punishment - a foul on my part.

I don't want to see these folks burned at the stake - as someone has said, it's not a game breaking bug. What I think would have been fair was a loss of, say, double the amount of prestige/favor they gained in the exploit, including loss of any gear that now is unwearable due to loss of ranks.
    Well your more kind than me..

Id have given them a permanent unchangable title of "The failed exploiter" so everyone could make thier own opinions of the player.
    Then id have made it for 24 hours real time that player recieves half healing and double damage from all other players whilst being perma locked in pvp mode and timer wouldnt run down whilst in a safe area I.E towns or when logged out.
    Also id have removed all pvp equipment from the character and favor reset to zero and also reset thier rank to one less than it was prior to the exploit.
    And lastly the player would recieve no gains from PvP whilst under the 24Hr timer.

This is one of the 1st major exploits found in game and a harsh penalty should have been made to discourage people from doing it further down the line should oppurtunity to do so arise.
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    the question is...... will your friend be resubbing?

and im also waiting for the sheet storm from legit P7-P8s that will get mistakenly rolled back.
    Don't hold your breath.

Default ..

I still can't touch warriors and clerics.
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Rift Disciple

I love this ppl keep calling me a exploiter because i ranked to rank 6 in a matter of about a week and then got rank 7 first on shard and then i got to rank 8 quickly full geared and i have been playing 2 months, but the funny thing is i done it all legally and all the ppl calling me an exploiter are all getting rolled back lol, shows something those ppl that tend to pounce on others are proberly hiding something

well done trion I LOVE YOU

btw its proness ( best cleric in game)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerald View Post
    *Rolled Back* i loled people from BLoodiron lost 50 k prestige only kept all items rank 8 and needed just grind back prestige to wear r8 again. for cheating and getting 1 kk prestige for r 7 and r8 they lost only 50 k lol lol very fair
    Blows if true. They should have lost it all. I would say so much they should have been banned.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by praggers View Post
    I love this ppl keep calling me a exploiter because i ranked to rank 6 in a matter of about a week and then got rank 7 first on shard and then i got to rank 8 quickly full geared and i have been playing 2 months, but the funny thing is i done it all legally and all the ppl calling me an exploiter are all getting rolled back lol, shows something those ppl that tend to pounce on others are proberly hiding something

well done trion I LOVE YOU

btw its proness ( best cleric in game)
    I don't think anyone doubts that players like you who play 12 hours a day can get to R8 in 2 months. All games are like that. The majority of the posts on the exploiters have been around Trions slow actions, minimal punishment, and no real deterent to future exploiters. Add that the fact that the exploiters had a big effect on all honest players and continued exploiting has caused the actual closure of PvP rifts, many (not all) think Trions actions have not been enough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5