+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Damage is officially out of control

Prophet of Telara

Default Damage is officially out of control

Thank you dear Trion for the absurd power creep you call r8. Damage literally trumps everything now. Tactics, healing, control... none of that matters anymore. People just drop dead from 100 to 0 between my GCDs.
    Just call it CoD and be done with it.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Rift Disciple

I'm not sure I get this...Now anotherR8 surely wouldnt?

Personally the idea of actually attaining the semi uber godhood status is what I aspire to. After that for your challenge you have to fight other R8 uber Gods while the little guys try to stay out of your way.

If you aren't enjoying your achievement maybe make a new toon? Sounds like the journey is better than the destination for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post

Personally the idea of actually attaining the semi uber godhood status is what I aspire to. After that for your challenge you have to fight other R8 uber Gods while the little guys try to stay out of your way.

If you aren't enjoying your achievement maybe make a new toon? Sounds like the journey is better than the destination for you?
    Very good reply Torvax.

I've worked really hard to get to R4 and, by the time I get to R8 (couple months?) - I expect the ground to shake when I walk, laser beams to shoot out of my eyes and to be able to turn people to ash with my as.s gas of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasa View Post
    ...and to be able to turn people to ash with my as.s gas of doom.
    I know a guy who can almost do that now. Based on that experience, I'd say try Thai food.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

I don't think he's talking about how r8 can pwn low ranks so much as how the damage increase + healing nerf + no additional valor has brought burst to unprecedented and possibly unhealable levels even in r8 vs r8

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    I don't think he's talking about how r8 can pwn low ranks so much as how the damage increase + healing nerf + no additional valor has brought burst to unprecedented and possibly unhealable levels even in r8 vs r8
    Good. Have you ever been in a warfront with only one cleric? It's a crap ton of fun. PvP is about killing people, not beating on a healer for a minute or two hoping you can manage to scrape just enough burst out to kill him. The mortality means you actually have to pick and choose who you run after. Warriors can't just wade into 12 people and kill them one at a time with a pocket healer.

Rift Disciple

Playing MMO's for quite sometime, I can say that the OP is correct that DPS is very high and that heal debuffs are very prevalent in comparison to previous MMO's. Also, not to mention, in combat rezzes are few and far between. Whether this is a bad thing or not is up for debate, but it leads to frequent respawning and shorter battles. While the battle might be less meaningful, you do get favor/prestige faster since there will be more kills.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    Thank you dear Trion for the absurd power creep you call r8. Damage literally trumps everything now. Tactics, healing, control... none of that matters anymore. People just drop dead from 100 to 0 between my GCDs.
    Just call it CoD and be done with it.
    I'll never stop being amazed how there's always, at the same time, threads about both :

1) Damage is so high, you drop from 100 to 0 in no time
    and
    2) It's impossible to kill XYZ class

People who say #1 are being focused fired.
    People who say #2 are part of a team randomly hitting any available targets.

People don't just drop dead because the ennemy is R8, they drop dead because the ennemy are focus fireing.
    Focus fireing targets is half the group pvp, really. The team who focus better win most of the fights. R8 or not.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post

If the only way you can enjoy yourself is threw mindless labor that just spits out some stuff at the end, labor you have to force yourself to like and only manage that because there is that 'special treat' for you, why not just get a job?? go to work, get money buy yourself something shiny, leave MMO PvP to people that want a place they dont have to force themselves to like, people that enjoy clashing wits as well as virtual steel, you can have PvE in my opinion its a trash of an idea to begin with, but apparently everything you want out of life, so take it, its yours...

plz just god dam plz, leave PvP alone >.<

Please. Even in hardcore CoD gametypes you can sponge more damage than in this game (****ty netcode ftw)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    If the only way you can enjoy yourself is threw mindless labor that just spits out some stuff at the end, labor you have to force yourself to like and only manage that because there is that 'special treat' for you, why not just get a job?? go to work, get money buy yourself something shiny, leave MMO PvP to people that want a place they dont have to force themselves to like, people that enjoy clashing wits as well as virtual steel, you can have PvE in my opinion its a trash of an idea to begin with, but apparently everything you want out of life, so take it, its yours...

MMO's are one of the cheapest things I enjoy.I'm saving money so I'm playing a lot right now.Why do you think this is the only way I can enjoy myself?? I have a job..I go to work..I have money and occasionally I do treat myself to something shiny. Most people out there do the same.

leave MMO PVP to... Why shouldn't I play? I pay my sub. Nobody is forcing you or me to like anything,what do you mean? Clashing wits??This is Rift not Chess and with all the best balancing in the world it will never be so strategic that a mindless PUG of 15 can't have a go at it.

I can have PVE??? It's trash?? Everything I want out of life???

leave PVP alone??? The OP is suggesting PVP should be changed not me!!

I get the idea the above mish mash of assumptions and insults about my lack of life etc is your way of saying you disagree with me...If so you can just say that. Your particular style of communication could leave you in danger of getting your nose flattened by someone who thinks you are infinitely less clever than you think you are

Have a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

People don't just drop dead because the ennemy is R8, they drop dead because the ennemy are focus fireing.
    *chuckles*

Try being focus fired by a premade of rank 8's - so yep, that's a tad out of control right there

Bad arguement is.....

Bad ^.^

Ascendant

People are actually surprised? Maybe I was the only one who thought that a 50-70% increase to SP or AP and a 60-70ish valor increase (through new essences only) would result in a frag fest.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post

WOW.. i'm truly stunned at the insight and intelligence of this reply.. thank you.

p.s. please grind yourself to a lead pvp developer job for a major mmo and holla cause you have the right idea of FUN pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Willovain View Post
    Good. Have you ever been in a warfront with only one cleric? It's a crap ton of fun. PvP is about killing people, not beating on a healer for a minute or two hoping you can manage to scrape just enough burst out to kill him. The mortality means you actually have to pick and choose who you run after. Warriors can't just wade into 12 people and kill them one at a time with a pocket healer.

Once more people are R8, the DR problem will have fixed itself also.
    Last edited by Senji; 08-21-2011 at 05:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast