+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please do not add anymore Ranks, for a while...

Rift Disciple

I believe the serious and good pvp'ers will keep grinding it out. Ive seen a lot of r1-r3 in the warfronts today.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    How many people have started a new 50 in warfronts within the last 3 weeks and are still doing warfronts today? I've not looked hard, but I don't think there are many R1 through R5 players anymore. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Check the respawn points, its where everyone under r5 spends a majority of their time.

jca
    Rift Chaser

An earlier poster alluded to it, and I've posted it before ... there should NEVER be more than three tiers between the lowest and highest pvp gear. That solves almost all the problems with gear gap and doesn't increase queue times. Trion, your pvp dev needs to get his head out. The simple solution is right in front of you.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyBacon View Post
    The solution is pretty simple - add valor to the lower ranks of gear.

This way new players won't be so squishy the 1-2 weeks it takes to get to P4/P5.

P4 seems to be the turning point, where you begin to be somewhat competitive, but getting to that point must be brutal these days. I feel you pain when I global a 0 valor newbie.
    I really do believe this is a huge part of the solution.
    The valor should be increased significantly on the lower rank gear, as well as the endurance stats. This way when people start out they very quickly become durable and can at least some what enjoy being part of the fights, even if they arent nearly as effective as the higher ranks.

The should limit the amount of ranks and gear sets like wow did as well. I think if they made both of those changes, it would have a big impact on the enjoyment of pvp at the entry level.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    "Please don't give anyone else more content, because I can't keep up", is that right?
    I agree with the OP.. NO more ranks should be added for atleast a few more months...

Also.. 'new' ranks is not new 'content'..

The biggest case of flawed reasoning in the whole design appears to be the following:

PvE:

Dungeons - Tier1, Tier2

Raids - Tier1, Tier2

(4 total tiers)

PvP:

Rank1/2 (each two is a tier)

Rank3/4

Rank5/6

Rank7/8

(4 total tiers)

Looks fine at first, until you realize that each tier in PvP has two ranks you have to work your way through. This makes no sense with the structural design. The PvE equivalent would be like if Tier1 dungeons provided half of the 1st tier gear, Tier2's provided the other half, and you had 8 different difficulty levels for instances.

The result is a timesink that is largely unnecessary. To equate to PvE, we really only need 4 ranks. The quickest way to rectify this without redesigning the entire system would be to lower the amount of prestige required for each rank and increase the amount of valor one can have at the lower tiers. Those who grinded the hard way could be given appeasement items: Pets, titles, and so on.

In addition to doing this, they would also need to create an insurmountable distinction between PvP and PvE gear, so that people could not grind Rank 8 in a couple of weeks and waltz into Tier2 Raids with the best PvP gear.

jca
    Rift Chaser

Just a thought and admittedly not very well developed, but it seems you could create a separation of pvp and pve gear by scaling the non-valor stats on pvp gear down to the point that it's undesirable for pve; then add a scaling factor to valor that scales those base status back up to an appropriate level when used in pvp.

Feel free to poke holes in this idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2