+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Remove Molinar from wargroups

Ascendant

Default Remove Molinar from wargroups

As title. They're completely ruining the warfront experience for all Guardians I know, to the point where it's abject misery.

inb4: get better

this is a gear-based game before it's skill-based, and he who wins most gets better gear, allowing them to win even more.

Let them go and PvP with themselves.

Champion

I feel the same way, only for Briarcliff. Idea! Put Briarcliff and Molinar in their own war group.

Briarcliff is heavily dominated by guardians and I assume from your post that Molinar is heavily dominated by defiants so it makes sense.

Ascendant

Sucks to hear that :/ it's not that I don't respect the skill/gear of these people; I acknowledge that they're better at PvP than I am. This isn't me thinking I'm amazing and being let down by my server or something dumb like that - I am by no means an exceptional PvPer.

However, it is very boring and disheartening to get crushed over and over again when I'm trying to enjoy the game.

Ascendant

should have servers officially listed as "carebear"
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Ascendant

Free server transfers. They're pretty spiffy. If you're that miserable that the best thing you could think of was to come here and ask that an entire server be removed from your wargroup, maybe you want to look into a transfer.

I mean there's feedback and suggestions, and then there's your thread.

<insert snide/snarky remarks about your PvP skill, intellect, and/or social acumen here>

Tragic.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    should have servers officially listed as "carebear"
    lol because people don't like getting their **** pushed in by ****** bag pre made groups over and over they are carebear?

I'll believe this is true when pre mades stop queuing against pugs altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Free server transfers. They're pretty spiffy. If you're that miserable that the best thing you could think of was to come here and ask that an entire server be removed from your wargroup, maybe you want to look into a transfer.

I mean there's feedback and suggestions, and then there's your thread.

<insert snide/snarky remarks about your PvP skill, intellect, and/or social acumen here>

Tragic.
    My guild and friends picked my server. I didn't have any choice in the matter. You're saying I should abandon both my guild and friends because Trion can't balance their war groups properly?

Anyways, I don't think he was entirely serious. I certainly wasn't.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-19-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Take Wolfsbane with you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    That's a bit like suggesting people reroll Defiant because there are more Defiants than Guardians on a server, or not addressing an underpowered calling and instead telling people to "reroll <insert balanced class>". It fixes the problem in the short-term, but does nothing for it in the long-term.

Impossible to balance for specific sever dominance because of free transfer.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    I feel the same way, only for Briarcliff. Idea! Put Briarcliff and Molinar in their own war group.

Briarcliff is heavily dominated by guardians and I assume from your post that Molinar is heavily dominated by defiants so it makes sense.
    And I find that idea very ironic.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Ascendant

It would be interesting if they rotated wargroups, or, less chaotically, tracked winrate by server and match highest win%s D vs highest win%s G etc.

Rift Disciple

Just change servers if you're unhappy.

Our server cluster would definitely be worse off without the Molinar PvP players.
    Trephination [Rogue] | Somali [Mage] | Defiant @ Deepstrike | <Waiting on Diablo>

Ascendant

World PvP it is for my fix I suppose at least that is semi-balanced now we're approaching what appears to be somewhat even G/D numbers.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    My guild and friends picked my server. I didn't have any choice in the matter. You're saying I should abandon both my guild and friends because Trion can't balance their war groups properly?

Anyways, I don't think he was entirely serious. I certainly wasn't.
    Since when is balancing wargroups something that should be expected? Faction dominance is a player created situation, not a developer created situation. Both factions have access to identical callings/souls, identical gear (stat-wise) and identical win conditions. I don't expect the devs would make too many people happy if they kept reshuffling wargroups every few weeks trying to achieve "balance".

If someone is getting steamrolled on an ongoing basis to the point where they're no longer having fun, they have solutions that are available to them (and their friends/guild).

Ascendant

Fun should be something we can expect Trion to provide. If they can't fix their premade problem, they are failing their customers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast