+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Fix Lingering Wounds before it's too late

Rift Disciple

Default Fix Lingering Wounds before it's too late

A warrior can:
    - deal an impressive volume of damage (there are more and more rank 6, 7, and 8 warriors)
    - debuff heal by 50% for 15 seconds, no CD, cannot be dispelled
    - use great defensive skills
    - jump / teleport to his / her target (no way to escape)

This is seriously degrading the PvP experience in warfronts. This is not challenging and most players - including the warriors - are not getting fun anymore.

A solution exists to fix this situation: nerf Lingering Wounds (today it's an IWin button):
    - reduce duration of effect, or / and
    - reduce the debuff effect, or / and
    - add a CD, or / and
    - make it dispellable, associated to diminishing returns, or / and
    - make it applicable to only one target at a time

This is not a QQ post. This is an objective observation of the warfront situation, with a proposal to fix it.

LW is fine. LW + Riftwalk + Planar Blade + Defensive CDs is absolutely not. Just move LW deeper in the tree (38+) or move it to the PvP soul at 15 pts. Works fine for rogues, even if ours is harder to apply and - in the case of AoE - cleansable.

If anything, they need to INCREASE the bonus to 75%..

Plane Touched

I don't so much care about LW as I do the 3 mana drains that warriors can use. The last 10 warfronts I've played I've been able to do literally nothing the entire match, which of course was awesome fun.
    should be percentage drains and not permanent player silence
    Last edited by BusyHandz; 08-19-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    LW is fine. LW + Riftwalk + Planar Blade + Defensive CDs is absolutely not. Just move LW deeper in the tree (38+) or move it to the PvP soul at 15 pts. Works fine for rogues, even if ours is harder to apply and - in the case of AoE - cleansable.
    Rogues can only be applied to one target, and can be cleansed, WITH a 30 second cooldown. LW is applied on crit, with no ICD, and can be spread to every target their aoe's crit on. Oh, and the biggest thing, unable to be dispelled. All I do now is spam eradicate to purge hots while my warriors do all the killing because they are more efficient @ it, Have a metric **** ton more hp, and apply LW allowing any Non hot that they cast (hots are all purged) to heal for ****. Its hilarious.
    Last edited by Shanst; 08-19-2011 at 08:41 PM.

OMG another nerf LW thread. Whowouldathunkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    I deal with warriors by crying about them on the forums until Trion nerfs them

It's night and day whether your team has a high-rank warrior putting up LW. Or a mid-rank one with pro healers (low rank can't live in front lines). You'll see games where one team does more damage and has more healers but loses, because the other side had a better LW bot.

People think it's focus fire > AoE but that's wrong.
    AoE is fine, better than fine, if you have a warrior doing AoE LW too. You don't need focus fire.
    Reality is just that it's LW > no LW.

Pay attention and you'll start to notice how many games LW wins.
    Last edited by Stay; 08-19-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Shadowlander

The only fix it needs is to be a button that warriors need to press (or click, or buttdial, or whatever you choose) and think about hitting. Not something that's "oh, lol. I just crit your butt, and you got lingering wounds on top of it!"

Make it a low damage ability requiring thought to use and it makes it perfectly fine. Skilled warriors will still have it up on several folks. Noobs won't.

Even if there is no CD and still undispellable. Make them consciously have to use it.

Plane Touched

Just move LW to 32 points into beastmastery.

--------------------------- heh

I think LW is OP since a high dps soul gets the best heal debuff. Shouldn't stack a soul like that.

I think LW should be in the warlord line, which is a support warrior soul. Its a decent soul with the pull and give it LW and suddenly wars will play it much more in PvP but not be OMG pwning people with all the off-gcd champ abilities as they mash 1-2 keys. Somewhere around 24-32 points in.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lilholymon View Post
    The only fix it needs is to be a button that warriors need to press (or click, or buttdial, or whatever you choose) and think about hitting. Not something that's "oh, lol. I just crit your butt, and you got lingering wounds on top of it!"

Make it a low damage ability requiring thought to use and it makes it perfectly fine. Skilled warriors will still have it up on several folks. Noobs won't.

Even if there is no CD and still undispellable. Make them consciously have to use it.
    That would definitely help. Still, would just get added to the macro. A cooldown on it would make em have to think who to give LW to.

I'll agree it doesn't need to be applied via aoe, other than that, pound sand.

Telaran

Yea an uncleanseable -50% heal debuff shouldn't automatically apply to everyone around just because someone is hitting more than 1 target. It should be a single target ability or have limited usage.
    Darkhold-Warrior
    Seastone - Guardian
    Eviln-Sorc Hulksmasha-Choppa Skull Throne>Badlands
    Warhammer

Rift Disciple

I hope this is going to be fixed before 1.5 or 1.6.
    LW has already a too heavy impact on warfronts. I'm pretty sure Trion can see that in their logs.

Rift Disciple

ok lisern up

every single comment i read is about going into random wf's see the thing is if you go premade you dont have these problems

and another thing i tell you a bit about clerics there are only 2 things that kill me mana draining me or warriors with lingering wonds other than that i can heal through 5+ ppl

you get rid of lingering wonds and rift then becomes my best friend

and then the only thing that will kill me if **** loads of ppl attacking me or no mana but i can pot mana back gl with that

Rift Disciple

and btw lingering wonds isnt that op if you just use a CD when its on you such as detuant, orbs healer's covenant

its just you sir dont no how to play you class yet which is ok tbh but stop QQing about classes this is what gets things nurfed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast