+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Fix Lingering Wounds before it's too late

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Trimsic View Post
    A warrior can:

This is a QQ post. This is an subjective observation of the warfront situation, with a proposal to completely nerf the last thing warriors have going for them.
    There, I fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
    That the major complaint, that there is no CD. Warriors get guaranteed crit abilities which means lingering wounds is always up. Of course all warriors stack crit anyways...
    You guys act like Warriors are immune to LW.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Soulwalker

Default LW is a minor issue w/ Rift PvP

the real problem w/ Rift pvp is vast gulf that exists between a T1/2 pvper and a t6-8 pvper. The gear AND the pvp soul make these higher levels invincible to anyone that does not have the same or similar level of gear/pvp soul. pvp has to be about skill - we all want to be the best, or at least better than the player trying to kill us. as it stands now, we really have no idea - the better gear wins (the best pvp in Rift exists from lvl 10 through lvl 49 - at lvl 50 it falls apart completely).

there's a new game coming out some time soon that has promised to eliminate gear as a factor in formal pvp - that's where you'll find me. world pvp in this new game will still factor in gear, so there's still a reason to acquire better gear, but when you enter a "war front", you better bring your skill, 'cause you won't be able to out-gear the competition any more - cya there.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrileigh View Post
    You guys act like Warriors are immune to LW.
    The paladin full heal isn't affected by it.. So in essence they are partly immune..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Rift Disciple

Yep this crap has been bugging me since beta.
    Of all the healing debuffs - warrior's is the ONLY one that can't be cleansed and its BS.
    Mages and rogues' debuffs are curses and can be cleansed - some of those abilities require 20+ points in certain trees to attain.
    Either make ALL healing debuffs unclease-able or make warrior's cleansable -__-

Oh and it would be nice if their stupid heal debuff didn't effect the heal received when I drank water too

Rift Disciple

I have a feeling that warriors are the ones saying "Leave us alone, we aren't overpowered." Everyone else recognizes that warriors are the driving force in warfronts and knows that they are capable of burst damaging anyone down quickly all while having fears, stuns, snares, silences, etc...

What class has the burst damage of a warrior that can also debuff healing by 50%?

Just out of curiosity, as a warrior is there a class you look at and think "gee, I don't want to attack that guy I don't stand a chance"? I don't think I ever have seen anyone beat a rank 6+ warrior 1v1 since 1.4.
    just so you no i beat all rank 8 warriors with my melee cleric duacel, also melee clerics have insane burst probably more than a warrior and they can purge heals, come to think of it nno rank 8 warrior has beaten me in 1v1 as a healer either, what the hell are ppl complaining about

only class that can beat me as melee or healer is a mage that is it
    Last edited by praggers; 08-22-2011 at 08:34 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by praggers View Post
    just so you no i beat all rank 8 warriors with my melee cleric duacel, also melee clerics have insane burst probably more than a warrior and they can purge heals, come to think of it nno rank 8 warrior has beaten me in 1v1 as a healer either, what the hell are ppl complaining about

only class that can beat me as melee or healer is a mage that is it
    This game isn't 1vs1.. Duels are artificial & cannot be used to gauge balance

Telaran

I'm rank 7, not 4 and I play a mage. I ask again, what class in the game has the burst ability of a warrior? All of your abilities off the global cooldown are 6-8 second cooldowns, and that they can be macroed in means that you will never miss the opportunity to use them in combat. It is silly.

As for sword and board warriors, with the riftblade spec earthburst is still AE which means people are still getting lingering wounds on them. Forked flamespears can apply it too. On my guardian warrior that I played before they nerfed the reaver heal up when something dies ability, I would get lingering wound procs off of plaguebringer - soul sickness/necrotic wounds casts. There is no reason to make lingering wounds proc off of AE abilities. Was that the intention of the ability? Who knows. Everyone who was in beta knows that warriors have always been the best DPS. RBs were the most popular calling at launch and now we've gone full circle.

I don't fault warriors though, it was the design of the game. They use DPS instead of actual weapon damage to calculate the damage of abilities. They could have easily made faster weapons hit for less then slower ones, but they didn't. They could have made ability points like combo points requiring warriors to build up the 3 on a target before using finishers.

Trion has done none of those things which has caused me to accept that this isn't a PvP game and never will be.

Mages have more burst 4k most of the off globals hit for crap just because earth burst crits sometimes doesn't mean it will crit everyone healing is to much now with 50% debuffs it will be out of control without LW why do you think they nerfed pvp healing and not warrior debuffs ?

I hate to tell you but if you are a rank 7 mage and 6 and 7 warriors are a problem for you ...well I'd just find a single player game

Just goes to show even bad players have high ranks
    Last edited by Ainew; 08-22-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    Mages have more burst 4k most of the off globals hit for crap just because earth burst crits sometimes doesn't mean it will crit everyone healing is to much now with 50% debuffs it will be out of control without LW why do you think they nerfed pvp healing and not warrior debuffs ?

I hate to tell you but if you are a rank 7 mage and 6 and 7 warriors are a problem for you ...well I'd just find a single player game
    Healing is balanced vs burst without lingering wounds.. Its completely worthless with lingering wounds.. you cant heal a person above 100% hp with multiple healers.. but you can VERY easily dps them down to 0 with multiple dps..

The more they make things easier for pugs (with lingering wounds & heal nerfs) the more drastically overpowered people who actually know how to coordinate become)

Healing nerfs need to either be rolled back or lingering wounds needs a severe nerf..

i love posts like these, apparently every team the OP fights has warriors spamming LW, but never are there any warriors on his team using LW.

Surely it is just LW that is winning these warfronts and not the bad players on your team, LOL
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-22-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Healing is balanced vs burst without lingering wounds.. Its completely worthless with lingering wounds.. you cant heal a person above 100% hp with multiple healers.. but you can VERY easily dps them down to 0 with multiple dps..

The more they make things easier for pugs (with lingering wounds & heal nerfs) the more drastically overpowered people who actually know how to coordinate become)

Healing nerfs need to either be rolled back or lingering wounds needs a severe nerf..

You guys need to learn your class a bit better I see plenty of healers with LW kite 3 people

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    i love posts like these, apparently every team the OP fights has warriors spamming LW, but never are there any warriors on his team using LW.

Surely it is just LW that is winning these warfronts and not the bad players on your team, LOL
    Exactly. That's why I posted "you guys act like Warriors are immune to LW". Of course the OP 10 minute CD heal was brought up.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    You guys need to learn your class a bit better I see plenty of healers with LW kite 3 people
    While not really doing any significant damage to them at all?

Survivability doesn't win you a fight.. because your opponent never really runs out of resources its only a matter of time before you lose.. This is why its better to have burst vs survivability.. The two counter eachother yes if they meet.. But in the long run the burst can get infinately more accomplished because they can actually kill things in a reasonable amount of time..

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    While not really doing any significant damage to them at all?

Survivability doesn't win you a fight.. because your opponent never really runs out of resources its only a matter of time before you lose.. This is why its better to have burst vs survivability.. The two counter eachother yes if they meet.. But in the long run the burst can get infinately more accomplished because they can actually kill things in a reasonable amount of time..
    Ive done it before and can do it again if you want me to post screen shots where the other team had more LW warriors and got absolutely murdered.

It's not warriors that win/lose games. If you have ZERO warriors yea that could potentially be a problem, but how many warfronts have 0 warriors? marking healers, focus fire, and healing wins games.

When I'm pugging and we have healers I will rush the front lines and allow the bads to tab target me, put LW on me, and try to kill me while the healers sit back, keep me up, and the rest of the pugs kill everyone and we proceed to spawm camping.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-22-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    Ive done it before and can do it again if you want me to post screen shots where the other team had more LW warriors and got absolutely murdered.

It's not warriors that win/lose games. If you have ZERO warriors yea that could potentially be a problem, but how many warfronts have 0 warriors? marking healers, focus fire, and healing wins games.

Pug's will be pugs.. It doesn't matter..

If the group has any common sense as far as focus firing then lw is over the top.. Im sure some people can dig up screenshots or videos of people in low rank gear etc beating on a cleric.. doesn't really prove much other than some people refuse to use abilities to counter their healing..
    Last edited by LordOberon; 08-22-2011 at 09:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast