+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Fix Lingering Wounds before it's too late

"Fix Lingering Wounds before it's too late?" HAHA

It's already been way too late to fix this ridiculously OP (passive) skill. Instead of nerfing skills that needed to be nerfed since beta (Lingering Wounds and Battlefield Intimidation), Trion decides to decimate the Paragon soul... AFTER they overbuffed it.

Trion class devs are clueless and have no idea how to properly balance PvP in this game.
    Last edited by Click; 08-20-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Bix
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    This game has to be 90% cry babies I have never seen forums more filled with "nerf this"
    Was just saying this today. I've never seen a game forum so filled with whiny babies as this one.
    Nut - Warrior
    Aeyden - Mage
    Citadel

Youtube channel

Telaran

LW has been broken since the start of the game and balancing around it has been a detriment to the development of the warrior class. It should have restriction same as any heal debuff. Accidentally applying an uncleanseable heal debuff to everyone around you should not happen.

It should either be single target or require some form of restriction for it's use. Such as fell blades being a buff with only a 20% chance to apply instead of 100%. A buff can be purged and the ability itself can be cleansed. Currently it requires no thought or intention.
    Darkhold-Warrior
    Seastone - Guardian
    Eviln-Sorc Hulksmasha-Choppa Skull Throne>Badlands
    Warhammer

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
    I have a feeling that warriors are the ones saying "Leave us alone, we aren't overpowered." Everyone else recognizes that warriors are the driving force in warfronts and knows that they are capable of burst damaging anyone down quickly all while having fears, stuns, snares, silences, etc...

What class has the burst damage of a warrior that can also debuff healing by 50%?

Just out of curiosity, as a warrior is there a class you look at and think "gee, I don't want to attack that guy I don't stand a chance"? I don't think I ever have seen anyone beat a rank 6+ warrior 1v1 since 1.4.
    You are asking for all classes to have the same abilities ? my warrior can't blink across the field in white fall and out run people on 110 speed mounts I guess we need to nerf rogues by your logic. Lingering wounds is part of the warrior class. Melee domination is something warriors do and with the recent nerfs most warriors play S and B build meaning Lingering wounds won't get AoE applied nearly as much.

We have a fear distance closers and LW. Burst damage ? you mean the ability to do damage and kill a player don't all classes have that warrior burst is fine now if you think its to much you are probably rank 4 and getting attacked by 6+ warriors

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by praggers View Post
    and btw lingering wonds isnt that op if you just use a CD when its on you such as detuant, orbs healer's covenant

its just you sir dont no how to play you class yet which is ok tbh but stop QQing about classes this is what gets things nurfed
    You should not pretend that people do not know how to play their class.
    You can detaunt the warrior that is jumping at you; but you can't detaunt all the DPS guys assisting their warrior...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Trimsic View Post
    You should not pretend that people do not know how to play their class.
    You can detaunt the warrior that is jumping at you; but you can't detaunt all the DPS guys assisting their warrior...
    This doesn't make sense in group pvp there would be more than 1 healer thus even with lingering wounds and assisting dps another healer can heal them and your dps will be CC'ing the people on you or silencing ranged etc and other healers healing healers

Its like you people want to complain about it in a 1v1 but than when people tell you to play your class better you talk about it being a problem because 6 dps are on you.Do you think one healer should be able to heal through 6 people on them your logic is awful LOL
    Last edited by Ainew; 08-21-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Rift Disciple

Why nerf lingering wounds when they do that the people complaining about it will go to cleric forums and complain for them to be nerfed because they do to much healing assuming they don't play a cleric

This game has to be 90% cry babies I have never seen forums more filled with "nerf this"
    If clerics need to be nerfed, then they shall be nerfed. As LW shall.

Rift Disciple

This doesn't make sense in group pvp there would be more than 1 healer thus even with lingering wounds and assisting dps another healer can heal them and your dps will be CC'ing the people on you or silencing ranged etc and other healers healing healers

Its like you people want to complain about it in a 1v1 but than when people tell you to play your class better you talk about it being a problem because 6 dps are on you.Do you think one healer should be able to heal through 6 people on them your logic is awful LOL
    If one dps is on you, in addition to the warrior, and you're debuffed, then you have little to no chance to survive. No need to have 5 ou 6 people on you. And it's not a matter of logic, it's a matter of observation.

Now look what happens in the warfronts: the team that has the greater number of warriors just wins. There is no fun in this situation, even for warriors.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    LW is fine. LW + Riftwalk + Planar Blade + Defensive CDs is absolutely not. Just move LW deeper in the tree (38+) or move it to the PvP soul at 15 pts. Works fine for rogues, even if ours is harder to apply and - in the case of AoE - cleansable.
    They can move it to 32 in tree like rogues but yeah I like this idea.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

A warrior can:
    - deal an impressive volume of damage (there are more and more rank 6, 7, and 8 warriors)
    - debuff heal by 50% for 15 seconds, no CD, cannot be dispelled
    - use great defensive skills
    - jump / teleport to his / her target (no way to escape)

This is seriously degrading the PvP experience in warfronts. This is not challenging and most players - including the warriors - are not getting fun anymore.

A solution exists to fix this situation: nerf Lingering Wounds (today it's an IWin button):
    - reduce duration of effect, or / and
    - reduce the debuff effect, or / and
    - add a CD, or / and
    - make it dispellable, associated to diminishing returns, or / and
    - make it applicable to only one target at a time

This is not a QQ post. This is an objective observation of the warfront situation, with a proposal to fix it.
    WARRIORS ARE FINE

relax.
    Frootloops. p40 warrior. Seastone. Forsaken. 11/11 hk 5/8 id
    Judgejudy. p28 mage. Seastone. Forsaken. chloro/dom pvp only
    My guides: | 1.8 PvP Build | Macro Guide

Rift Disciple

Actually warriors are far from fine... and i have a t3 warrior alt, just before anybody asks..
    But hey maybe its just that Im way better a playing a warrior that Im getting way more KB with my warrior
    than with my T7 mage.. right?
    Last edited by Athaulf; 08-21-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eviln View Post
    LW has been broken since the start of the game and balancing around it has been a detriment to the development of the warrior class. It should have restriction same as any heal debuff. Accidentally applying an uncleanseable heal debuff to everyone around you should not happen.

It should either be single target or require some form of restriction for it's use. Such as fell blades being a buff with only a 20% chance to apply instead of 100%. A buff can be purged and the ability itself can be cleansed. Currently it requires no thought or intention.
    Lingering wounds destroys the balancing of the whole pvp system. There is no way to balance pvp with lingering wounds as is and without it at the same time. We are basically in a situation where you have to have it to play.

Requiring specific souls for pvp to function is really poor design. If you don't have a cleric healer you can get by with: 1) cleric dps justicar builds, 2) bards, 3) chloro builds, 4) warrior guard builds even help. These things are basically always available.

If you don't have lingering wounds and the other team has solid healing you dont have a lot of other options.

Healing should be balanced around 20-30% heal debuffs (as an initial idea) that are spread around souls. The strongest heal debuffs should be present is support/tank type souls that don't do much damage themselves to make them useful and encourage teamwork. High dps and healing debuffs should never be in the same place.

Basically lingering wounds can't survive as is and then healing needs adjusted.

Telaran

This thread just turned into a bunch of bad players who think LW is wiping their entire pug group if you can't heal through 2 people you need better gear/skill not nerfing classes who you think are killing you

Rift Disciple

This thread just turned into a bunch of bad players who think LW is wiping their entire pug group if you can't heal through 2 people you need better gear/skill not nerfing classes who you think are killing you
    This thread is just reporting facts. And facts are not made by pugs who do not know how to play their class.
    BTW, I often play with a full team: 2 warriors, 1 mage, 1 rogue, 1 cleric, or 2 warriors, 1 mage, 2 clerics. All these people have played on several MMOs for 10 years. And they known how to play their class.

Today's warfronts: every two warfronts in the steppes, there were more than 10 warriors, sometimes 15 warriors in the game... But for sure, they're fine. May be just too fine...

Plane Touched

Default Dominator

A warrior can:
    - deal an impressive volume of damage (there are more and more rank 6, 7, and 8 warriors)
    - debuff heal by 50% for 15 seconds, no CD, cannot be dispelled
    - use great defensive skills
    - jump / teleport to his / her target (no way to escape)

This is seriously degrading the PvP experience in warfronts. This is not challenging and most players - including the warriors - are not getting fun anymore.

A solution exists to fix this situation: nerf Lingering Wounds (today it's an IWin button):
    - reduce duration of effect, or / and
    - reduce the debuff effect, or / and
    - add a CD, or / and
    - make it dispellable, associated to diminishing returns, or / and
    - make it applicable to only one target at a time

This is not a QQ post. This is an objective observation of the warfront situation, with a proposal to fix it.
    No no no no no Absolutely NOT! That would make Healers Immortal. It would degrade PvP into a even more Mindless Zerging.

You completely lag any understanding of how the Mechanism between healing and DPS works. This is maybe the worst suggestion ever posted. I am not trolling. I am serious. Very bad Idea. Lingering Wounds is fine. Definitely not OP. Rift has many PvP Issues, but this is not one of them.

And just for the record, My main PvP Character is a Mage.

Regards

Acererak

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast