+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Amberarrow

Thread: Separate the PvP Brackets...

Rift Master

Default Separate the PvP Brackets...

it'll help everyone in the end and maybe more will que for wf's if their not getting the butts royally stomped by a plays that are over geared.

this thread isn't about should or should it not be done but help trion see this can work and add in your own input on how it could be done effectively and work out best for everyone.

if your totally geared out and want that hardcore pvp challenge this should make it easier to pvp with people that have the same or at least the same gear as you.

for the lesser geared people it gives them more to look forward to without getting punched in the face 1 to many times. and for casuals that lightly pvp that don't gear up.

it doesn't help wpvp but thats a whole nutter ballgame. if you see a flaw in this plz post so we can discuss this. ATM it seems solid and fun, and my only fear is that it'd increase the que times, but maybe only at first.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tatersaladin View Post
    it'll help everyone in the end and maybe more will que for wf's if their not getting the butts royally stomped by a plays that are over geared.

this thread isn't about should or should it not be done but help trion see this can work and add in your own input on how it could be done effectively and work out best for everyone.

if your totally geared out and want that hardcore pvp challenge this should make it easier to pvp with people that have the same or at least the same gear as you.

for the lesser geared people it gives them more to look forward to without getting punched in the face 1 to many times. and for casuals that lightly pvp that don't gear up.

it doesn't help wpvp but thats a whole nutter ballgame. if you see a flaw in this plz post so we can discuss this. ATM it seems solid and fun, and my only fear is that it'd increase the que times, but maybe only at first.
    Can we just play the game? I do not want to wait even a minute longer to PvP. 5-10 minutes is long enough.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Master

Default also....

to keep bullys and exploiters out take in the effect of gear in a players bag and their pvp rank and even pvp gear.

but i added this off the top of my head. feel free to add ur own now.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    Can we just play the game? I do not want to wait even a minute longer to PvP. 5-10 minutes is long enough.
    WoW this is my first reply? not very open minded are we. Think about it. if players can go into wf and not get their faces ***** off in seconds more players would be willing to que. it might take time but hey if you can't satisfy your blood thirst on a pvp server i don't know what to tell you. Wf's shouldn't be your only means of pvp. if your on a pve server /facepalm. run around flagged for pvp, or transfer to a pvp server.

Ascendant

WoW this is my first reply? not very open minded are we. Think about it. if players can go into wf and not get their faces ***** off in seconds more players would be willing to que. it might take time but hey if you can't satisfy your blood thirst on a pvp server i don't know what to tell you. Wf's shouldn't be your only means of pvp. if your on a pve server /facepalm. run around flagged for pvp, or transfer to a pvp server.
    I am on a PvP server, but the thing is even when I was wearing rank 1 and half the rank 2 gear I was still an asset to my team. I guess I am just better at teamwork than most or I understand that as a mage that is low rank I need to be in the crowd hiding. I honestly rarely have trouble in WFs and I just hit P4 (only bought the rings in P4). Yes it is harder for a warrior to hide, but put on a survivability spec and try to tank a little. Sometimes just being a distraction is all your team needs.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Master

man i thought this would be a solid post to get some attention one way or another. gives me the feeling that new 50's like getting rapedinthemouth. lol

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I am on a PvP server, but the thing is even when I was wearing rank 1 and half the rank 2 gear I was still an asset to my team. I guess I am just better at teamwork than most or I understand that as a mage that is low rank I need to be in the crowd hiding. I honestly rarely have trouble in WFs and I just hit P4 (only bought the rings in P4). Yes it is harder for a warrior to hide, but put on a survivability spec and try to tank a little. Sometimes just being a distraction is all your team needs.
    now thats a post i can sink my teeth into. i agree almost a 100% with you, but! You can tell the masses that don't want to get ***** by over geared players that its ok to get punched in the face over n over again, they just need to stop QQ and suck it up.
    i do feel in the long run that separating the brackets like 0-2,3-5, and 6-8 would help out a lot more in the long run and i am willing to say that i believe in my heart that you would even agree to some extent. This is a form of Rated bg's that WoW did and players loved it and it helped the hardcore pvper's find more challenge and made bg's fun again. Trion can put this in with little to no effort and players would get into mass pvp again and que times would go up.

Bad idea quit asking for a free ride

What the OP is forgetting is those players that are geared were once under geared and paid there dues. I was in some blues and greens when i first started to pvp fresh lvl 50 and i had to pay my dues. i may not be rank 8 yet but im fully geared lvl 4 with all the lvl 4 gear and im a short hop from lvl 5 bout 40 k left to go. i still get owned by lvl 8`s but im holding my own. when you get fully geared in lvl 8 stuff you will feel rewarded.
    Think about it this way would you feel rewarded if you went into a raid and all the monsters were 10 lvl`s below you giving top line of the gear or if they were a challange to get?
    Its the same with pvp sure it sux to get steam rolled but its a challange and it feels rewarding to TRUE PVPERS when they pay their dues and get fully geared.
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

Ascendant

now thats a post i can sink my teeth into. i agree almost a 100% with you, but! You can tell the masses that don't want to get ***** by over geared players that its ok to get punched in the face over n over again, they just need to stop QQ and suck it up.
    i do feel in the long run that separating the brackets like 0-2,3-5, and 6-8 would help out a lot more in the long run and i am willing to say that i believe in my heart that you would even agree to some extent. This is a form of Rated bg's that WoW did and players loved it and it helped the hardcore pvper's find more challenge and made bg's fun again. Trion can put this in with little to no effort and players would get into mass pvp again and que times would go up.
    Your brackets are flawed. The amount of time in takes to go from rank 1-3 is like 1 day. Only people that almost never PvP will be in the 1-2 bracket. Also breaking it down at 3-5 and 6-8 separates a whole gear level. Rank 5-6 gear is the same tier gear you shouldn't split someone with half their gear. That then makes the only reasonable division at 1-4 and 5-8.

I also believe that no matter how you divide it people are going to be upset. Rank 1s are still getting eaten alive by rank 4s and rank 5s are still getting eaten alive by rank 8s. Queue times are still going to go up no matter how you divide them unless you expand the battlegroups to include more shards. They may or may not have the equipment to do this, I do not know. Increasing the queue time slows down the time it takes to rank up, this makes getting to rank 8 an even bigger grind.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Plane Touched

No. The queue times would go from already too long to "lucky-to-get-one-per-day." I'm sorry you got stomped on by someone with better gear than you but it's part of the system Trion designed. And before you try to dismiss me as a P8 who just wants to crush R1s, I'm in a mix if P3-5 gear with a PvE T2 weapon and I make plenty of impact on my warfronts. I die when I get focused and I kill when I pick my targets well.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Amberarrow View Post
    What the OP is forgetting is those players that are geared were once under geared and paid there dues. I was in some blues and greens when i first started to pvp fresh lvl 50 and i had to pay my dues. i may not be rank 8 yet but im fully geared lvl 4 with all the lvl 4 gear and im a short hop from lvl 5 bout 40 k left to go. i still get owned by lvl 8`s but im holding my own. when you get fully geared in lvl 8 stuff you will feel rewarded.
    Think about it this way would you feel rewarded if you went into a raid and all the monsters were 10 lvl`s below you giving top line of the gear or if they were a challange to get?
    Its the same with pvp sure it sux to get steam rolled but its a challange and it feels rewarding to TRUE PVPERS when they pay their dues and get fully geared.
    Is that an argument for or against separating the brackets? Because it sounds a lot like the former.

"True PVPers" PVP for the PVP, not for auto winning after 300+ hours.

I feel rewarded when I win due to my performance, thus deserving it.

+ Reply to Thread