Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is this what you intended?

Rift Chaser

Default Is this what you intended?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66416538@N03/6058753590/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/66416538@N03/6058204785/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/66416538@N03/6058204793/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/66416538@N03/6058753590/

I have a lot of these, but I think you can get the drift. Is this working as intended? Did you intend for warriors to get the most killing blows, do the most damage, and have the best defense in the game, or is this some kind of ongoing balancing problem?

I really wouldn't mind if there was more of a mix of classes, but this is just about every single warfront I've been in, these are not unusual. Fights in this game can be really fun, right up to the point where a few warriors roll in, and it's stun, chop chop, dead. The game is still count how many warriors each side has to determine a win.

I play every class in PvP, and it's fun when I play my warrior, but it's pretty miserable when I play my other 3 characters. I'm sure there will be a lot of people with defend my class syndrome that will try and discredit this, but facts are facts, and reality can be a real pain sometimes. This isn't conjecture, anecdotal evidence, or theory crafting, this is just plain old facts.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who sees this and is frustrated by it.

Telaran

Just about every rogue agrees with you.

Yes, warriors that receive 146k healing are normally on top, whats your point?...Warriors need 3 pocket healers to survive but a mage can do top damage and healing by themselves, same with clerics? Or, for the other screenshots, warriors that receie the most healing in a game.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-19-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Yes, warriors that receive 146k healing are normally on top, whats your point?...Warriors need 3 pocket healers to survive but a mage can do top damage and healing by themselves, same with clerics? Or, for the other screenshots, warriors that receie the most healing in a game.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.
    Clerics cannot even come close to top damage with the cabalist nerf anymore...and of course they would come top in healing as a HEALING spec. Sure, mages can get pretty high on the charts, but that's by design...warriors don't have any sort of self healing (well, somewhat from reaver and a couple others) so their healing received will always be high.

His point is, warriors most often top dps charts by almost double any other class along with killing blows because of their insane burst. I manage to bypass pre-50 warriors by using my marksman spec, always having a target, and constantly cycling cooldowns. Warriors just need to charge in and mash macros to get kills....
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    Clerics cannot even come close to top damage with the cabalist nerf anymore...and of course they would come top in healing as a HEALING spec. Sure, mages can get pretty high on the charts, but that's by design...warriors don't have any sort of self healing (well, somewhat from reaver and a couple others) so their healing received will always be high.

His point is, warriors most often top dps charts by almost double any other class along with killing blows because of their insane burst. I manage to bypass pre-50 warriors by using my marksman spec, always having a target, and constantly cycling cooldowns. Warriors just need to charge in and mash macros to get kills....
    Why even bring up pre-50? It's completely different at 50.

And no, Mages and clerics top healing. and damage. You're playing with bads.
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-19-2011 at 08:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Rift Chaser

So even with the proof staring you in the face, you can still come up with some laughable excuses.......this is rich. Yah, the healing they received accounts for the fact that they are all doing 2-5 times the damage of *everyone* else in the WF...because warriors are *good*, and everyone else is *bads*

I understand trying to protect something that gives you an advantage, it's human nature. People that view themselves as a specific class all have this same problem. It's not about facts, it's not about the truth or balance, it's about trying to preserve an advantage. You can come up with excuses all you like, but the proof is in the screen shots. If it's your stated position, that warriors doing that kind of damage is perfectly ok, then there you go, we know where you stand. You think they are entitled to that damage, I don't.

The day is quickly coming where this game is going to devolve in a hurry. How long do you seriously think the rest of the player base is going to put up with this?
    Last edited by Ultrazen; 08-20-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Shadowlander

Default Try harder

Take a screenshot of every single WF you are in for a few days... your sample size is too small to be taken seriously. Then compile your data and come up with some kind of analysis. Math is strange and basic probability and stats is your friend. Without knowing the overall rank and gear situation as well as the basic composition of the team your screenshots mean nothing.

Wars just got nerfed to a one spec class...if the fotm is killing you just wait ...it only lasts a month.

Melee DPS or tank: these are my only two options I would hope we are at LEAST equal to the best at both. If we are equal to the best then it is no surprise that 3 or 4 of us will end up at the top of the leaderboards.

you take a select few ss and call that a sufficient sample size.

Take 400 ss without picking your favourite 4 then compare them. That's what Trion does. Do you want me to show you ss's where rogues are dominating, I have a few of those around.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    you take a select few ss and call that a sufficient sample size.

Take 400 ss without picking your favourite 4 then compare them. That's what Trion does. Do you want me to show you ss's where rogues are dominating, I have A FEW of those around.
    Edited for effect, and for that to be the case I am sure no warriors were present or they were all low rank.
    Last edited by Madaam; 08-20-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madaam View Post
    Edited for effect, and for that to be the case I am sure no warriors were present or they were all low rank.
    quite the opposite as there is always 1 high rank warrior in the bf. but keep being bad. I have many SS's topping the charts with my cleric too.

I see good mages and good rogues topping the charts all the time. So does Trion. Unfortunately the board is filled with scrub whiners
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    quite the opposite as there is always 1 high rank warrior in the bf. but keep being bad. I have many SS's topping the charts with my cleric too.

I see good mages and good rogues topping the charts all the time. So does Trion. Unfortunately the board is filled with scrub whiners
    The ONLY rogue that will ever top the meter is a sabo spamming shrapnel on bridge in scion.
    Sab's are completely useless and can very very rarely actually kill someone.

Warriors top charts and can actually kill people.

See what im saying here?
    Last edited by Meladath; 08-21-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meladath View Post
    The ONLY rogue that will ever top the meter is a sabo spamming shrapnel on bridge in scion.
    Sab's are completely useless and can very very rarely actually kill someone.

Warriors top charts and can actually kill people.

See what im saying here?
    What a person can top dps charts and still be useless! This is outrageous! (sarcasm ended)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    So even with the proof staring you in the face, you can still come up with some laughable excuses.......this is rich.
    back in WoW, i would top everything on any class, simply because i knew how to play effectively. still, people liked to go complain their class was weak and this other class was OP. i never really noticed any class being more impressive than the next.

this problem, just like that problem, im sure has to do with the player, not the system. reach the skill cap before complaining.

Shadowlander

Quote from the Trion site on Rogues:
    Rogues are most at home skulking around the edges of battle, waiting for the perfect moment to strike with overwhelming force and minimal chance of counterstrike.
    Notice this doesn't say charging head long into battle doing the most damage. Pinpoint surgical strikes is what I think of for rogues. In a warfront, I wouldn't expect to see a rogue at the top of the damage dealt, but they should have some pivotal killing blows and objective marks. Pick and choose smart targets. As a healer I can tell you the good rogues do it. Allow the warriors to enter combat, mages to unleash cooldowns and then the people at the back start dropping.

Rogues shouldn't be at the top of a damage chart. They should be killing their target before it can get healed, capturing weakly defended points and objectives, harrying healers and picking off vulnerable players.

I also laugh that you say others can't top warriors in damage. I can sit in low rank gear and top damage charts as a cabalist, maybe even getting a few key killing blows. Next thing you know a cleric is going to post a "is this what you intended" thread for the total healing a bard puts out.

Rift Chaser

Damage done can be highly variable due to AOE that usually just gets healed and pads numbers on both sides. Killing blows are the ultimate measure of what is happening, combined with deaths. Look at every one of those, and I have tons more. It's not just the damage, it's not just the killing blows, it's not just the number of deaths, it's the combination of all of thee above.

Also, these aren't screen shots of 1 player topping the charts. These are screen shots of multiple warriors, doing 2-3x the damage of anyone else, and getting 3-4x the killing blows....but the warrior class just attracts better players right? lol...seriously.

/shrug. The healing nerf, combined with the stupid DR, combined with the warrior skill set, has turned them into unstoppable raid bosses. Teleport that refreshes on crit, stun, snares, silences, 2k dps...yah, and never having to stand still to do any of it. Keep telling yourself that's ok, and the game is going to be just fine.

This game has devolved into Quake, and the 2 classes that are invited to the party are warriors and clerics. If that's fun for you, more power too you. The sad thing is the game is actually very fun at certain levels, the higher your level gets, the worse the game starts to get.

I've leveled 4 different classes doing almost nothing but PvP on all of them. Theory crafting, calling others bad etc means nothing to me. I know what RB/VK is, I play one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast