+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree355Likes

Thread: WTH is up with clerics/mages not healing warfronts

Rift Chaser

I cannot deny that I love the skill that I am able to display (sometimes) by somewhat singlehandedly keeping my entire team up as a cleric.

But in my experience if it is not OP is someway shape or form people do not want to play it. See instant cleric shift to cabalist, or instant shift from parachamp to RB or instant shift from Pyro to necrolock.

Despite the fact that healing is still super important and can still turn the tide of warfronts for your side (albeit you have to be more skilled than ever) no one wants to play a mediocre spec.

Thank you EVERYONE who has commented and debated with me on this subject. The title is "WTH is up with cleric/mages not healing in WF"....

We got our answers, most of them legitimate. Now we need to fix the problem. Protect our healers, stay in range... and ffs, thank them.
    Scarlett <Legion>
    Mathosian Rogue
    Gnarlwood - Guardian
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 HK 1/10

Soulwalker

Most of you saying you stopped healing for (insert reason here) have never healed a WF anyway. Be real with yourself. The thing is people dont feel imporatant in a WF unless they doing dps so we get the state of WF's as they are.

All you have to do is look at the shortage of healers in PvE..that will explain the even shorter one in PvP. Warrior = DPS, Cleric = DPS, Rogue = DPS, Mage = DPS...everything else is secondary. Play any MMO and its the same problem.

Rift tried to fix it with all the roles you can be but only made it worse by giving people the option to be a healer but switch to DPS. Give my Warrior a healing role and I will do it. What I won't do is level to 50 AGAIN just because the people that picked healers arent good enough to do it. Play like you want though, I have good healers in my guild. Peace....
    Last edited by Krynna; 08-18-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Telaran

Healing in Warfronts implies someone cares about winning. People dont go in to win, they go in to grind out their favor. Queueing up as a ****ty DPS and taking a kick to the balls for favor is far easier and much less painful than healing a WF or trying to get the idiots there to work correctly.

I dont see anybody getting mad at the AFKs. They're playing the game how they want with their infallible 15/month, so what's all the hubbub about forgetting the heals?

Also heal nerfs, lingering wounds, and the dumbest DR system I have seen anywhere in any game ever does not favor healer enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Krynna View Post
    Rift tried to fix it with all the roles you can be but only made it worse by giving people the option to be a healer but switch to DPS. Give my Warrior a healing role and I will do it. What I won't do is level to 50 AGAIN just because the people that picked healers arent good enough to do it. Play like you want though, I have good healers in my guild. Peace....
    If you talk to healers in any group with that attitude I'm really not surprised you don't get heals.

I love how 'insert role here' how you think the healer should follow you around like you're some damn god.

Keep in mind also with the role system not all 'clerics' were rolled for the purpose of healing. Just as obviously not all 'warriors' were rolled to tank and/or lead their group.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

OP^^

You have no right to say which spec people shall play. If you don't see healers in wfs deal with it or try another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krynna View Post
    Most of you saying you stopped healing for (insert reason here) have never healed a WF anyway. Be real with yourself.
    I am always real with myself, but let me be real with YOU. As a pure cleric healer, I love healing warfronts, despite being below max level, despite the nerfs. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to feel I helped my team, in victory and in defeat. Much more so than I EVER felt as a mediocre dps with my mediocre number of kills.

What I do not love about healing in warfronts is that few group leaders even mark the OTHER team's healers, let alone our own. Which is just stupid, especially since at least marking us will make it easier for our entire team to help keep us alive and in range of our heals.

In the hundreds of warfronts I have healed, I can count on one hand the number of times any dps besides my husband bothered to make an effort to protect me. On those few occasions that an individual did protect me, I can assure you I that stuck to them like glue and healed their brains out!

That being said, I want to offer my sincere gratitude to my brother and sister warfront healers who have gone out of their way to keep me up the many times I have been swarmed by 5-6 bad guys. You all ROCK!

To that warrior in Black Garden yesterday who I saved when you were being anally violated by 3 guys, who promptly ran away when he reached full health and left me to die, go **** yourself.

I think the OP is funny. We both pay $15 each but only he/she gets to play the role they want, everyone else has to play what he/she wants us to.
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    I think the OP is funny. We both pay $15 each but only he/she gets to play the role they want, everyone else has to play what he/she wants us to.
    But his $15 a month is more crisp, therefore it's worth more. Since his money is more valuable, he should get the bigger benefit. Come on, it's common courtesy.

all because of LW and not being R6+ geared.
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by raptorak View Post
    But his $15 a month is more crisp, therefore it's worth more. Since his money is more valuable, he should get the bigger benefit. Come on, it's common courtesy.
    Funny you should say that, At the moment my $15.00AU is better than your $15.00US :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisong View Post
    I am always real with myself, but let me be real with YOU. As a pure cleric healer, I love healing warfronts, despite being below max level, despite the nerfs. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to feel I helped my team, in victory and in defeat. Much more so than I EVER felt as a mediocre dps with my mediocre number of kills.

What I do not love about healing in warfronts is that few group leaders even mark the OTHER team's healers, let alone our own. Which is just stupid, especially since at least marking us will make it easier for our entire team to help keep us alive and in range of our heals.

In the hundreds of warfronts I have healed, I can count on one hand the number of times any dps besides my husband bothered to make an effort to protect me. On those few occasions that an individual did protect me, I can assure you I that stuck to them like glue and healed their brains out!

That being said, I want to offer my sincere gratitude to my brother and sister warfront healers who have gone out of their way to keep me up the many times I have been swarmed by 5-6 bad guys. You all ROCK!

To that warrior in Black Garden yesterday who I saved when you were being anally violated by 3 guys, who promptly ran away when he reached full health and left me to die, go **** yourself.
    yes pvp is fun until you hit level 50.
    Orchide (Kelari) | eXile Corp (Rocket Science) | Assassin/Marksman
    Level: 60 (R80) | Server: Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Shioc View Post
    Funny you should say that, At the moment my $15.00AU is better than your $15.00US :P
    I bought $15 worth of gold years ago so now it's worth even more! Oh snap!
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBob View Post
    Why isnt that clerics/mages refuse to heal in warfronts ?

"Its thier $15".... Well its mine also

If you dont heal, your just losing the game for us, so why the hell you que to begin with.
    "I'll play the game how i want"... your not playing the game, your throwing it.

If your here to just kill ppl, goto to a damn PvP shard.

"Go bard"... yeah, cause bard heals are a match for a healing spec of a cleric or mage. Get real.
    Because of people like you. You yourself refuse to heal but you expect others to heal? Get over yourself. If I want to play Cabalist, I will play Cabalist. If we are short on healers and someone asks politely if someone with a heal spec can lend a hand in that regard, I'll switch. Someone demands me to heal I'm going to tell them they can **** off.

Plus, the DPS whiners got heals nerfed. So guess what, you now get to reap what you sow. Sucks doesn't it? Maybe you should think about that before you ***** and cry for nerfs because you can't kill a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Your $15 lets you decide what character to play and what to do with that character. Their $15 lets them decide about their character. Easy!
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast