+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Ask yourself Trion, and did you intend to make Warriors god Mode?

Rift Disciple

This weekend was just depressing for wf... as a Guardian and continually seeing 8+ Warriors on the opposing team knowing it was run out, melt, every one give up rinse and repeat.

At one time we came up against 10 warriors.. 4 clerics and a mage. Is it even worth mentioning the out come!! If warriors are not op.. stupidly easy to play (2 - 4 macros) then I will eat my own shoes.

Trion needs to address this soon plain and simple.

There will always be QQ about warriors!

Default Waiting

1. Did you intend on making so many non-gcd skills that can be macro smashed and used together in an Instant?
    2. Did you intend on making really powerful reactive skills that are "activated" 100% of the time because they are in a warriors macro smash?
    3. Did you intend on making more then one "instantly teleport to target and stun/dmg" skill so that warriors can just chain Them?
    4. Did you intend on making warrior dps the highest in the game without giving them the lowest Survivability?
    5. Did you intend on giving warriors instant aoe Fear?
    6. Did you intend on giving warriors warriors a 100% instant health heal?

You obviously recognize that you made a mistake, please don't insult us by nerfing a few skills by only 10%, Man up and do the right thing.
    Points #1 and #2 are the same and equally meritless. The most oGCD abilities we can have in a build is 4 (an interrupt, Frenzied Strike, Turn the Blade and Inescapable Fury). All of them are on CDs of 6 seconds or longer and three of them are reactive abilities that only occur if something happens to/from us. And as of hotifx #6 they all do less damage (every single one of them along with the rest of our attacks). In comparison, Shaman by itself have three oGCDs in the first 16 points that are ALL more powerful.

Point #3 is ignorant ... through all of the Warrior souls there is only one teleport ability, Riftwalk and I don't know a single Warrior that macros that ability into their spam macro (how silly). Since it also comes with a very short stun component, it's effect by the DR and is currently bugged to not work against Fear and Transmorgrify effects.

Point #4 is equally as ignorant ... DPS is irrelevant in PvP in lieu of burst and currently, Rogues and Mages have the best burst capability in the game. Addtionally the one spec that *used* to have more burst in PvP was neutered in the 1.4.5 hotfix and is now unplayable. It also happened to be the squishiest of all popular PvP specs of *any* class.

Point #5 is just stupid. Obviously they did ... they coded it. It is also on a CD and has DR. Since it's a popular ability, in most WFs (except at the absolute beginning) you are apt to see more IMMUNE messages pop then people feared when Battlefield Intimidation is used. It also effects Warriors just as much if not more then most other classes as the popular Warrior PvP specs don't have a counter to fear.

Point #6 ... just wow. 10 minute cool down. I'll gladly trade it for the consistant healing and DPS that most Clerics can put out.

In summary ... you are the reason PvP sucks in MMOs.

Play better.
    Kruunch butt-****ed this thread. And no retort. Well done.

/thread

Rift Disciple

I must have run into every bad warrior in the game in my 40's....

I stood up to as many as 3 warriors, literally giggling while they tried to kill me (it was disturbing really), and I was the last one standing. That was me vs. them... I had no help.

One of them even yelled "WTF are you made of?"

I'm not bragging here (well maybe a little), and it could honestly be that they sucked that badly.... but I had that happen many times in WFs. Only twice with 3.. but quite often I literally just stood in place while 1 or 2 warriors pounded on me, running my sequence, and they died, I didn't.

I bet they didn't feel OP.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

I hate to bring up specific points about why Warriors are OP in threads like this because if you disagree with it there's no way any amount of logic will convince you to change your mind--that's the Internet. But you forgot the most important thing overall: Energy regeneration.

Ask any rogue on any spec with any soul about it. We always end up energy starved. Our shorter GCD is utterly useless because we have to wait just as long to execute an attack as it does for a warrior's GCD to expire. There's nothing really wrong with this if there wasn't such a massive disparity between warriors and rogues. Warrior get 20 Power cumulatively off a critical hit (grim satisfaction, planar blade) and 10 Power when they parry. The base cost for almost all single target warrior abilities is 20, often much less. They end up with a surplus of energy to spend in off-GCD attacks (don't even get me started on elemental touch) while rogues wait for their energy to come back whilst being wailed on by a warrior.
    ~Quiescent

I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

Quote Originally Posted by SetisDagre View Post
    Without our OGD attacks, our burst damage is laughable. And without LW it's easily healed through (I'm talking equivalent rank vs rank, not R8 warriors 2 globaling new 50s....that's a gear issue that affects EVERYONE due to the rapid mudflation in this game). And a shield really helps us against all that magic damage...

Go talk to Mesk on Deepstrike. That guys can sit there and TANK anything I can throw at him while killing me. He's not kiting me, he's sitting there and taking it and not dying. And I see a lot of other chlorolocks do the same thing.

Chlorolocks are the true god mode class in PvP.
    You have multiple ways to increase you magic resistance, I don't even wanna hear that ********, and you can talk about how terrible that shield is against magic, but guess what, When Half the game is physical you can get back to me. When I hit 2.5k Deadeye shots, and the warrior in my groups have them barely break 1k you can get back to me on your crap armor.

Simply Put, to much survivability, to much damage, to much mobility = oped melee.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk View Post
    Aww a shout our from Darge ;)

I actually transferred shards looking for some more competitive PvP. Clearly I'm OP though because I still haven't found anything that kills me 1v1.
    You're (I stress YOU, not all chlorolocks) are beyond OP, you're straight up God Mode (and don't deny it, you admitted it yourself in your chlorolock build post!). Not sure you'll ever find anyone that can take you 1v1, though Morlox says you guys fought for like 18 minutes without a victor.
    Dagre - R8 Warrior, Deepstrike
    Vishanti - R4 Cleric, Deepstrike
    Malakai - R4 Mage, Deepstrike
    Valore - Not Yet 50 Rogue, Deepstrike

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.
    Or the healers keeping the Warrior up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    You have multiple ways to increase you magic resistance, I don't even wanna hear that ********, and you can talk about how terrible that shield is against magic, but guess what, When Half the game is physical you can get back to me. When I hit 2.5k Deadeye shots, and the warrior in my groups have them barely break 1k you can get back to me on your crap armor.

Simply Put, to much survivability, to much damage, to much mobility = oped melee.
    Bad mage is still bad.

After your screenshot of you breaking your own CC on the target that killed you, how can anyone take you seriously.. as if anyone did to begin with.

Just another crybaby mage in a long line of mage whining.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Ask any rogue on any spec with any soul about it. We always end up energy starved. Our shorter GCD is utterly useless because we have to wait just as long to execute an attack as it does for a warrior's GCD to expire. There's nothing really wrong with this if there wasn't such a massive disparity between warriors and rogues. Warrior get 20 Power cumulatively off a critical hit (grim satisfaction, planar blade) and 10 Power when they parry. The base cost for almost all single target warrior abilities is 20, often much less. They end up with a surplus of energy to spend in off-GCD attacks (don't even get me started on elemental touch) while rogues wait for their energy to come back whilst being wailed on by a warrior.
    Planar Blade gives back 10 power instantly. Yes, it's fantastic for that, as well as refreshing Riftwalk (and Rift Summon if you happen to be a RB/VK hybrid). Don't believe it activates on DoT crits like Fiery Burst (except maybe the initial application), and things like Elemental Touch never crit anyway so it's not quite the "Fountain of Power" it might sound like. Now if you can continually AE in a big group and get multiple crits, then you become the freakin' Energizer Bunny...until you die. Riftblade ability, 26 points required (so yeah almost every DPS warrior has it these days).

Grim Satisfaction gives back 10 power OVER 5 SECONDS. Useful, though not as much so as Planar Blade. If you crit again in that 5 seconds it just refreshes the timer. Champion ability, 8 points required.

Serenity gives back 10 power on a dodge or parry. Almost no one specs for this ability unless they're running really high Paragon, and those builds got kicked in the balls. Paragon ability, 18 points required.

And if I'm not mistaken, rogue energy regenerates faster than warrior power. At least it always felt that way to me when I played my rogue.

Warrior base costs are usually 20 for "normal" builders and finishers, 10 for follow-ups/OGCDs/Interrupts, and 25-30 for AEs plus a few weirder ones (40 power Disruptive Strike, I'm looking at you and 30 power Stoneshield).
    Last edited by SetisDagre; 08-22-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post

Half the game is physical? Don't make me laugh.

Mages - ALL magical
    Clerics - MOSTLY magical, even their melee builds are still a mix of physical and magical damage
    Warriors - MOSTLY physical, except for Riftblade and a smattering of other skills. Guess why RB is the predominate warrior PvP soul? Hell with the proliferation of RB builds lately any warrior you actually meet in PvP will be hitting you with MOSTLY magical damage.
    Rogues - MOSTLY physical except for Nightblade and a smattering of other skills. These are the guys you should feel sorry for when talking about warriors with shields, not mages. I'm surprised I don't see more NBs, for the same reason so many warriors are RB.

And you know where most of our ways to decrease magic damage taken are? IN OUR TANK SOULS. If we stack magic reduction, we aren't doing anything other than tickling you. Or we're subdue tanking, in which case our goal is to make as many of you as possible hate life by reducing your damage by 60% instead of doing any ourselves.

And a Marksmen crit you for 2.5k? Awww, that tickles compared to the 4k crits I've eaten from mages.

Planar Blade gives back 10 power instantly. Yes, it's fantastic for that, as well as refreshing Riftwalk (and Rift Summon if you happen to be a RB/VK hybrid). Don't believe it activates on DoT crits like Fiery Burst (except maybe the initial application), and things like Elemental Touch never crit anyway so it's not quite the "Fountain of Power" it might sound like. Now if you can continually AE in a big group and get multiple crits, then you become the freakin' Energizer Bunny...until you die. Riftblade ability, 26 points required (so yeah almost every DPS warrior has it these days).
    There's a 5 point talent at the bottom of the tree that makes it proc off of everything.

Grim Satisfaction gives back 10 power OVER 5 SECONDS. Useful, though not as much so as Planar Blade. If you crit again in that 5 seconds it just refreshes the timer. Champion ability, 8 points required.

Required? Half the warrior specs for PvP offspec in champion. It's not like you're dumping points.

Serenity gives back 10 power on a dodge or parry. Almost no one specs for this ability unless they're running really high Paragon, and those builds got kicked in the balls. Paragon ability, 18 points required.
    this ability alone, as rare and almost useless as is, is more useful that a rogues entire arsenal of energy regen.

And if I'm not mistaken, rogue energy regenerates faster than warrior power.
    and our abilities cost proportionately more. But we have no regen procs.

Warrior base costs are usually 20 for "normal" builders and finishers, 10 for follow-ups/OGCDs/Interrupts, and 25-30 for AEs plus a few weirder ones (40 power Disruptive Strike, I'm looking at you and 30 power Stoneshield).
    Haha. Well, I'm with you on that one. But my point still stands that you regenerate it faster and our shorter GCD is useless.
    ~Quiescent

Half the game is physical? Don't make me laugh.

Mages - ALL magical
    Clerics - MOSTLY magical, even their melee builds are still a mix of physical and magical damage
    Warriors - MOSTLY physical, except for Riftblade and a smattering of other skills. Guess why RB is the predominate warrior PvP soul? Hell with the proliferation of RB builds lately any warrior you actually meet in PvP will be hitting you with MOSTLY magical damage.
    Rogues - MOSTLY physical except for Nightblade and a smattering of other skills. These are the guys you should feel sorry for when talking about warriors with shields, not mages. I'm surprised I don't see more NBs, for the same reason so many warriors are RB.

And you know where most of our ways to decrease magic damage taken are? IN OUR TANK SOULS. If we stack magic reduction, we aren't doing anything other than tickling you. Or we're subdue tanking, in which case our goal is to make as many of you as possible hate life by reducing your damage by 60% instead of doing any ourselves.

And a Marksmen crit you for 2.5k? Awww, that tickles compared to the 4k crits I've eaten from mages.
    I don't usually agree with warriors, but when I do, I prefer this guy. The reason you don't see nightblades is because Trion gave you talent points that makes your magic damage scale slightly--ours does absolutely jack.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    There's a 5 point talent at the bottom of the tree that makes it proc off of everything.
    15% chance to proc, for 5 points. It's a point dump really IMO.

Required? Half the warrior specs for PvP offspec in champion. It's not like you're dumping points.
    True, it's early in the tree, and most dps warriors in PvP will have at least 17 champ for Lingering Wounds, though I've been experimenting with builds that don't lately. Since it's over time though I was just pointing out it's not as good as it sounds, though obviously better than nothing.

this ability alone, as rare and almost useless as is, is more useful that a rogues entire arsenal of energy regen.
    Take that up with Trion.

and our abilities cost proportionately more. But we have no regen procs.

Haha. Well, I'm with you on that one. But my point still stands that you regenerate it faster and our shorter GCD is useless.
    As I mentioned, I'm pretty sure rogue energy regenerates faster naturally than warrior power. Perhaps that's why you guys don't have a lot of energy regen talents?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast