+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Why are we nerfing warriors when mages can do this.

  1. #1
    Telaran Malaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default Why are we nerfing warriors when mages can do this.

    Screenshot included. Look at my valor.

    http://www.tanksquad.net/stuff/mage.jpg

  2. #2
    Plane Touched faulty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I mean, it's not like you see Warriors dropping 3-5k damage in a few GCDs. Amirite or amirite guys? GUYS?

  3. #3
    Ascendant Cromagis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    I mean, it's not like you see Warriors dropping 3-5k damage in a few GCDs. Amirite or amirite guys? GUYS?
    Surely not one.

    Or 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

    Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched faulty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Forked Lightning x3 -> Ice Shear -> Lightning Burst OR
    Raging Storm -> Ice Shear -> Lightning Burst

    4 GCDs + 2s cast (8 seconds) or a 3s channel + one GCD + 2s cast (6.5 seconds) in a perfect world.

    A warrior with reactives up and 3 CP would likely do similar or higher DPS in the same time period while maintaining higher survivability and better mobility.
    Last edited by faulty; 08-17-2011 at 09:37 PM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Cromagis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    Forked Lightning x3 -> Ice Shear -> Lightning Burst OR
    Raging Storm -> Ice Shear -> Lightning Burst

    4 GCDs + 2s cast (8 seconds) or a 3s channel + one GCD + 2s cast (6.5 seconds) in a perfect world.

    A warrior with reactives up and 3 CP would likely do similar or higher DPS in the same time period while maintaining higher survivability and better mobility.
    Want my account, so you can play on my warrior and see how hard they crit? While your at it, show me this awesome spec that does 5k damage to an equal valor target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

    Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched faulty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Sure! Just leave your login info here and I'll post the video after I get home. Thanks in advance!

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default Dumb

    It's a really long setup to do that and not worth it. I'll take a crap load of skills off gcd I can macro smash in an instant any day over that. Look into "building storm". You have to cast 10 non ice spells while having charge and not gaining any while building.

  8. #8
    Telaran Malaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I got nothing against mages. I just want to know why Trion wanted to force us to use one spec in PVP. Which ironically, all the babies want nerfed now too. When will our pain end? \

    Edit: Shermhead, he did this twice to me in less than a minute. So the cooldown can't be that long.
    Last edited by Malaka; 08-17-2011 at 09:42 PM.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
    I got nothing against mages. I just want to know why Trion wanted to force us to use one spec in PVP. Which ironically, all the babies want nerfed now too. When will our pain end? \

    Edit: Shermhead, he did this twice to me in less than a minute. So the cooldown can't be that long.
    Speak for yourself. Dom is still large and in charge.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched faulty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
    I got nothing against mages. I just want to know why Trion wanted to force us to use one spec in PVP. Which ironically, all the babies want nerfed now too. When will our pain end?
    You're the only one forcing you to use a single spec in PvP. Warrior DPS is still viable in PvP, as is one of the 3-4 possible Subdue tank builds or a 51pt VK caster-masher.

    I honestly don't know why more PvP warriors aren't using Void Knight. VKs will faceroll anything with a blue bar while still being a major nuisance for melee.

  11. #11
    Telaran Malaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    You're the only one forcing you to use a single spec in PvP. Warrior DPS is still viable in PvP, as is one of the 3-4 possible Subdue tank builds or a 51pt VK caster-masher.

    I honestly don't know why more PvP warriors aren't using Void Knight. VKs will faceroll anything with a blue bar while still being a major nuisance for melee.
    I use Zin's ragestorm and variations of 51 Rift. Rising Waterfall crits for 500 and Raptor 300. It's a complete joke. Along with across the board nerfs to champ and paragon trees. And I think they broke our PVE damage too, because crap is hitting for like half what it used too.
    Last edited by Malaka; 08-17-2011 at 09:51 PM.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched faulty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    260

  13. #13
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    You let the Mage go through a full 8s rotation without a single interrupt, cleanse, or any sort of pressure DPS?
    I can understand if the Mage wasn't at 100% in the screeny but MAN!
    "I let a Mage wail on me uninhibited for 8s without doing anything, nerf him please"
    ~Quiescent

  14. #14
    Telaran Malaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    You let the Mage go through a full 8s rotation without a single interrupt, cleanse, or any sort of pressure DPS?
    I can understand if the Mage wasn't at 100% in the screeny but MAN!
    "I let a Mage wail on me uninhibited for 8s without doing anything, nerf him please"
    Come on Zaros, it's Scion he's in the middle of 20 people. Of course I targeted him after this happened twice.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched faulty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
    Of course I targeted him after this happened twice.
    And he never did it again... also Stoneshield.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts