+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Why are we nerfing warriors when mages can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Hi, Can I have an 8 second cast that allows me to one-shot somebody in my own valor? I'm sure us warrior would trade you our plate armor for it. Cause valor is the only thing that matters in PvP.

Again, thank you.
    I agree! It is dumb that I have 855 Valor and can take 4.5K damage when I have my bubbles up as a healer from a Mage. Bird (who ran the spec) hit me for that much damage as we tested it out a few different times. I should have put on my PvE gear and not bubbled myself to see what the damage difference is (or if there is any)...I didn't think of that till now.

Laerke 50 Cleric Rank 8
    Gabriella 50 Warrior Rank Nubbins
    4/4 DH 4/4 GP 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 1/11 HK

Quote Originally Posted by TiberiusMonkey View Post
    ...outside of your rapid fire, which I don't doubt was on a T4, none of that damage is that great for a T8.
    This is what I hope everyone keeps thinking. shhhhh.

As far as the SC stuff. IIRC it's not like they hit for that amount with 1 button. I thought they had to prep a whole bunch of garbage and align several annoying stars to get that one mega boosted glorified hit. Like I know they have a temp that gives a certain limited dmg type they have 100% crit bonus, or something. I played a SC to mid 20's, I know they have some prep work they can do that took several steps but if you did it, you could land some heavy hits. But that was the point, it was annoying and often prep for it failed. Just a hunch. Mages should spike the highest ^.^ And course they hit way harder than most physical damage do-ers. They don't get the armor mit thrown into the mix. We all know magical resistances are squat compared to armor mit.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-22-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
    Screenshot included. Look at my valor.

http://www.tanksquad.net/stuff/mage.jpg
    lol, i think the funniest part is the tank spec and sword and board your using for pvp.
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

I did some escalations this morning. And one thing is clear: no warriors = no win. Get run right off the field. I guess that is more of "working as intended."
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I did some escalations this morning. And one thing is clear: no warriors = no win. Get run right off the field. I guess that is more of "working as intended."
    now warriors = more cabalists ... how do you guys lose?
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

cabalists? I like to watch them run.
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

What happened to you: you stood still and accumulated three electrified charges, and then you got a damage modifier applied to you for stack number 4, and then he popped his trinkets dmg modifiers again, and then cast a finisher that looks like it crit.

What you learn from this: If you are unaware of your surroundings for 10+ seconds and ignoring an unchallenged mage casting at you from the side for multiple GCD's, then you are not doing PvP correctly, and thus you are a victim of your own playstyle
    Menaace - P50 Mage, Annihilator, Executioner, <MMAC> Guild Leader
    Talent has no gearscore
    MMAC vs Vinco 20v20
    Menaace 1.7, 5-Spec, PvP VIDEO
    MMAC vs TFS 10v10's Episode 1 (with commentary)

Shadowlander

It's is gonna be balanced/hotfixed/nerfed - for sure. But not soon.

Telaran

everyone but the warriors seem to think that warriors are way overpowered.

Mind sharing how the original hit is even possible? I can hit 5k with 3 electrify + ice shear + static flux up, but only on 0 valor targets. Max hit I do on 976 valor target would be like 3,3k. That is with 1600 spellpower, 15% player damage and 30% player crit damage.

well mages are suppose to be squishy in comparison to there dps but there not and yea lightning burst hit me for 5k with 951 valor and mages can do that every 8 seconds <---- barei n mind this is at a 30 metre range.

warriors how ever physical dps on mages and only if they crit may hit for 800 on the same rank as they are. and have to get up and close to them to do it.

Gonna have trouble getting much sympathy for warriors around here.

Ascendant

its obvious lightning burst and lock chloro hybrids are next on the chopping block for "pvp only" nerfs. i have 1070 valor and im getting hit for 1500 natures furys and 4.3k lightning bursts from rank 8 mages.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    i have 1070 valor and im getting hit for 1500 natures furys and 4.3k lightning bursts from rank 8 mages.
    So?

First off, 1500 Natures Fury is nothing. I don't even know why you'd complain about that.

Second, how much health do you guys have? On my Mage DPS spec I usually sit around 5600 with regular buffs (R6). I can get to 8k if I take advantage of Chloro/Lock passives. I notice I usually have more health than the Warriors and Rogues who are in my warfront (usually, **** you not, they have around 4800-5200 health). They should be stacking endurance for PvP, but it seems they just stack crit. I guess that's why they worry about 4.3k Lightning Bursts and I don't.

Third, if Mage DPS was as out of whack as you think it is, I'd see way more Void Knights in PvP. I see none. That's not hyperbole, I haven't seen a Void Knight since Escalated Whitefall started.

Fourth, you can't really get hit with Lightning Burst twice. The Stormcaller has to build electrified effects again, so more than likely they'll hit someone else who's already electrified rather than start all over again with you. All you need to do is survive one LB and you're going to survive.
    Last edited by Qaedyan; 08-22-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menaace View Post
    What happened to you: you stood still and accumulated three electrified charges, and then you got a damage modifier applied to you for stack number 4, and then he popped his trinkets dmg modifiers again, and then cast a finisher that looks like it crit.

What you learn from this: If you are unaware of your surroundings for 10+ seconds and ignoring an unchallenged mage casting at you from the side for multiple GCD's, then you are not doing PvP correctly, and thus you are a victim of your own playstyle
    This ^
    Sounds like bad warrior is bad. Cry more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast