+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Why are we nerfing warriors when mages can do this.

Stoneshield won't block that when your getting hit by an entire guardian raid. 1v1 sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
    Come on Zaros, it's Scion he's in the middle of 20 people. Of course I targeted him after this happened twice.
    True, but really! Warriors come with a bag chock-full of interrupts, silences, and champion has an AoE fear and a break free of all movement impairing effects, which stormcaller is built around. They have no self healing, either. Its a glass cannon if I ever saw one.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Because warriors do it without any setup or thought, 1112 for comparable DPS, but now with inferior burst as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    You let the Mage go through a full 8s rotation without a single interrupt, cleanse, or any sort of pressure DPS?
    I can understand if the Mage wasn't at 100% in the screeny but MAN!
    "I let a Mage wail on me uninhibited for 8s without doing anything, nerf him please"
    It is like a cabbie sneaking in and AoE'ing and not realizing it till the damage is done. There is so much going on in WF it is hard to target every single person in there and see what they are doing. Plus as a healer you don't have time to target a mage that is doing damage to silence them. I have been close to being one shot by a mage (4.5K damage) that has done this to me even with all of my buffs up to heal me. At least I can out heal a few warriors hitting on me........
    Last edited by KDM255; 08-21-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Laerke 50 Cleric Rank 8
    Gabriella 50 Warrior Rank Nubbins
    4/4 DH 4/4 GP 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 1/11 HK

aux

Haha owned.

But. If a DPS warrior and a Stormcaller are hitting each other, the warrior's still gonna win. Maybe it's not easy enough for you yet, hm?
    I'm so BORED

I just loled
    Stormcaller IS a glass cannon. He is the most squishiest of all classes. He can be blown away by ANY class soooo fast. He has so little survivability skills it makes me cry. He can be controlled. His spells can be dispelled making him so worthless. Also he needs that much time to actually start DPSing... This is like 7 seconds being untouched. And due to DR he cannot in most cases even slow you.

Ofcource he IS a threat if not dealt with. But under preassure he is no-lifer.

Warriors as an opposite can do the same amount of damage from the burst of max 3 GCD. Sometimes even less. And talking survivability... Nothing to be said here. Warriors do easily bullrush into a raid of players. Even under focus they can actually kill 1-2 players when not healed. And if healed they are nearly immortal devastating machines.

And if SC has a pocket healer - the healer will sweat and pee while healing focused SC but still will loose him in several seconds.
    Last edited by Pacifyer; 08-21-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

Champion

Warriors aren't the ones who should be complaining about Stormcallers. Melee are the bane of the SC, get up close and personal and it's game over. Ranged are the ones that really suffer, they stand off against the SC while they each go through their rotation then Boom!, they fall over dead after 6-8 seconds. Did this multiple times against MM, Clerics and Mages. Sometimes I wouldn't get a big enough crit and I'd die, sometimes they'd get the jump on me and I'd die before I got LB off, but most times it would end up with them dead with me at around half health.

It doesn't matter that it takes 8 seconds to build up. 4-6k damage in one hit should never happen. 8 second build up to a 3k hit? That's ok, it's only about 50% of a person's health and there's plenty of opportunity before or after the hit to catch that. When you're hitting for over 4k though, most times it's a one-shot. The problem is going to be balancing it so it's useable for mages with low gear/rank but not overpowered for higher ranked/geared mages. What they really need is some sort of DR/softcap for damage over 2k where each point of damage over 2k is halved, so a 3k hit would actually do 2.5k or a 4k hit would only do 3k.

Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    You're the only one forcing you to use a single spec in PvP. Warrior DPS is still viable in PvP, as is one of the 3-4 possible Subdue tank builds or a 51pt VK caster-masher.

I honestly don't know why more PvP warriors aren't using Void Knight. VKs will faceroll anything with a blue bar while still being a major nuisance for melee.
    Soooo, you're telling me that 51VK will faceroll huh? I'd love to see the combat log on that.

I'll bet it consists of a wall of double digit numbers. Gimmie a break man.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    I deal with warriors by crying about them on the forums until Trion nerfs them

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifyer View Post
    I just loled
    Stormcaller IS a glass cannon. He is the most squishiest of all classes. He can be blown away by ANY class soooo fast. He has so little survivability skills it makes me cry. He can be controlled. His spells can be dispelled making him so worthless. Also he needs that much time to actually start DPSing... This is like 7 seconds being untouched. And due to DR he cannot in most cases even slow you..
    Wow, sounds like many of the quotes defending 1.3 Paragons. But..you all didn't want to listen so...........

Better get ready man, you have the whiner train after you. Not much you can do once they get loaded up and started. Many of you are on that train right now aren't you? Chooo Choooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    I deal with warriors by crying about them on the forums until Trion nerfs them

Rift Chaser

If you actually pay any attention at all to your debuffs, you may notice that you have gained 3 stacks of electrify and ice shear. This takes a good 8 seconds to set up, in perfect conditions. You sat there and let the glassiest of the glass cannons set up his super nuke for that long and then expected to survive?

Here's a hint. If you see electrify stacks building on you, find a way to shut the stormcaller down. They are doing practically no damage for a full 8 seconds, so this can be done in a variety of ways. Any cleanse will wreck their entire game plan. They have no defensive cooldowns, either, so brute force is a very good option if you don't like having to think. Stormcallers get torn to shreds by a particularly strong gust of wind. It would take you less than 5 seconds to take them down if you know what you are doing. That gives you a second to notice that they are building electrify stacks, 3 seconds to get over to them, and then you can safely blend them into a fine paste. The best part? If they see you doing this, they have no choice but to flee for their lives, abandoning any ability to do damage due to their lack of decent instant casts or defensive abilities. That's right, you can LITERALLY break a stormcaller down by looking at them angrily.

So here's a hint. Instead of asking it to be nerfed, work out how to legitimately beat it in one of the several possible ways of doing so with very little effort. I'm sure you'll appreciate your rewards all the more when you actually have to work for them, and think about what you are doing.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 08-21-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
    Screenshot included. Look at my valor.

http://www.tanksquad.net/stuff/mage.jpg
    Play as a VK/Champ in PvP and when you get 3 electrified charges pop spell breaker or pop residual absorption for the immunity and then go punch him in the face. SC's dont have any CC immunity abilities other then break free.

That SC is most likely either 44 SC or 51 SC so the rest is mostly into Archmage with either 0 pt elementalist or 0 pt archon. With only 1 or 2 buffs up total you can easily dispel them with spell sunder, silence, etc..

Seriously... VKs punch mages in the face. You were playing a Riftblade and lost to a mage that got 5 casts off onto you, in a warfront of all things. In group PvP it seems to me that magic immunity for 6 seconds every 15 is pretty good.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrifter View Post
    Seriously... VKs punch mages in the face.
    VKs? Of all the specs of a warrior to be worried you're worried about vks?
    WOW! I'm sure his 150 crits on unvalored targets that drain like 30 mana and heal him for 20hp is going to be a serious threat.

Prophet of Telara

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by brutis View Post
    VKs? Of all the specs of a warrior to be worried you're worried about vks?
    WOW! I'm sure his 150 crits on unvalored targets that drain like 30 mana and heal him for 20hp is going to be a serious threat.
    I said VK/Champ. Like no warrior goes into VK for the increases armor, str, etc.. That is the toughest spec for me to PvP against with my mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    normally id point out that your healing in is triple everyone elses, but in this instance ill let it slide since im all for the nerfing of any other calling other than my own.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast