+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Focus in PvP

Default Focus in PvP

So I just hit rank 8 earlier today. I got home after work, started pvping, and noticed I was getting resists in PvP where previously I had never seen any. It wasn't related to defensive cooldowns or anything like that. I switched back to my old weapon set, r6 mageblade and Skull from Alsbeth (43 focus) and never saw a resist. Clearly focus plays a part in PvP as well. Initially I thought it was just someone forgot to switch out their resist sigil from raid night, but I tested it in duels and that theory did not hold up either.

My question is why? The game is designed around being able to gear up in either path or both, but never have they been dependent on one another. Why should someone who strictly pvps be forced to use a stat that is intended as a PvE stat. I currently have focus runes on my r8 staff and wand (waiting on queue) to hopefully alleviate the problem, but I see 0 reason why I need to put focus on them at all. If focus were a fundamental ability to PvP, why isn't it on the weapons themselves? A lot of us PvE and PvP, and it wasn't an issue when your using relic weapons that have hit/focus on them, but what happens to the guy that doesn't raid?

Finally, if this flawed mechanic is going to stay in game, I'd like to know what the comfortable amount to have is? As I said, at 43 I had no problems and will be testing 37 now.

Edit: 37 seems ok from the first 2min of my codex.
    Last edited by Calibix; 08-15-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Calibix View Post
    So I just hit rank 8 earlier today. I got home after work, started pvping, and noticed I was getting resists in PvP where previously I had never seen any. It wasn't related to defensive cooldowns or anything like that. I switched back to my old weapon set, r6 mageblade and Skull from Alsbeth (43 focus) and never saw a resist. Clearly focus plays a part in PvP as well. Initially I thought it was just someone forgot to switch out their resist sigil from raid night, but I tested it in duels and that theory did not hold up either.

My question is why? The game is designed around being able to gear up in either path or both, but never have they been dependent on one another. Why should someone who strictly pvps be forced to use a stat that is intended as a PvE stat. I currently have focus runes on my r8 staff and wand (waiting on queue) to hopefully alleviate the problem, but I see 0 reason why I need to put focus on them at all. If focus were a fundamental ability to PvP, why isn't it on the weapons themselves? A lot of us PvE and PvP, and it wasn't an issue when your using relic weapons that have hit/focus on them, but what happens to the guy that doesn't raid?

Finally, if this flawed mechanic is going to stay in game, I'd like to know what the comfortable amount to have is? As I said, at 43 I had no problems and will be testing 37 now.

Edit: 37 seems ok from the first 2min of my codex.
    This has been discussed to death. Please refer to my post, hit/focus being the same thing:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-will-end.html

Ascendant

I dropped 25 hit getting my P6 dagger and I have noticed it made a huge difference. Mages parry/dodge like beasts now and I think I'll stick with my PvE daggers while playing MM
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Yeah, totally agree. My suggestion was put some focus on our pvp items then or remove the resists in pvp. Because when we're geared with the gear they want us to have in pvp, we have 0 focus.

+ Reply to Thread