+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Logout exploit being abused...

Default Logout exploit being abused...

People are using the logout exploit more and more these days, both in world PvP and in warfronts. They simply logout if they see they're going to die.

Warfront Qs also work if you're out in the open world. Added bonus of logging out in open world: you get PvP immunity when you log back in. I believe this crap also works in PvE / raiding.

I can't believe Trion has let people escape death by using this BS "tactic" ever since beta. I've known about it forever but never used it to my advantage. I could never sink low enough to abuse this cheap mechanic.

Trion needs to disallow logout if a player is in combat. They should also disallow people being able to join a warfront if they're in combat. I suppose it makes more sense to not allow people to join WFs if they're in ghost form.
    Last edited by Click; 08-15-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    People are using the logout exploit more and more these days, both in world PvP and in warfronts. They simply logout if they see they're going to die.

Warfront Qs also work if you're out in the open world. Added bonus for logout in open world: you get PvP immunity when you log back in. I believe this crap also works in PvE / raiding.

I can't believe Trion has let people escape death by using this BS "tactic" ever since beta. I've known about it forever but never used it to my advantage. I could never sink low enough to abuse this cheap mechanic.

Trion needs to disallow logout if a player is in combat. They should also disallow people being able to join a warfront if they're in combat.
    Actually its probably not a logout exploit.. Its a port to active random dungeon exploit.. (hasn't been around since beta but ever since lfg tool)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

About WF queues, if you couldn't enter a WF while in combat and you have long queues, say hello to more wasted time.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Warfront Qs also work if you're out in the open world. Added bonus of logging out in open world: you get PvP immunity when you log back in. I believe this crap also works in PvE / raiding.

Trion needs to disallow logout if a player is in combat. They should also disallow people being able to join a warfront if they're in combat.
    I don't feel one way or another about the log out complaint. But I truly disagree with the warfront complaint. Missing a warfront just b/c someone kept you in combat is bs. If we had insta-queues all the time it'd be different. But being able to get in the warfront > the need to increase your kill count.
    Last edited by Morituri; 08-15-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Logging out makes you wait like 20 seconds while stationary, pretty sure you can't exploit that. Now, dungeon queues and WF pops on the other hand.....
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Actually its probably not a logout exploit.. Its a port to active random dungeon exploit.. (hasn't been around since beta but ever since lfg tool)
    No, it's logout. I've seen it done many times.

Prophet of Telara

Both Nom and Fluffie use it on Asphodel every time I engage, I feel ya

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiraden View Post
    Both Nom and Fluffie use it on Asphodel every time I engage, I feel ya
    You use it too.

Don't be a hypocrite. Oh wait, too late.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    About WF queues, if you couldn't enter a WF while in combat and you have long queues, say hello to more wasted time.
    its bad enough that you can't enter WFs dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    its bad enough that you can't enter WFs dead
    You should be able to get into a Q if you're dead / in ghost form. There's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to accept a Q in that situation, but you're allowed to escape death if you're PvP'ing someone.

I don't understand how there can be multiple threads with 100+ pages QQ'ing about Slip Away when this exploit is basically an unlimited Slip Away with no cooldown for all classes that can be used anytime.
    Last edited by Click; 08-15-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Shield of Telara

I don't understand how there can be multiple threads with 100+ pages QQ'ing about Slip Away when this exploit is basically an unlimited Slip Away with no cooldown for all classes that can be used anytime.
    You serious? Once a queue pops there is a 1 min window to use it. Are you telling me people are systematically calculating exaclty when a queue may pop and using it to get out of jail free? Sounds pretty far fetched honestly.

There is no fix for this because if you lock them out, people won't leave town anymore when they are waiting for a queue. That is not very conducive to people enjoying themselves now is it?

As usual though, people exploit something and it wrecks it for everyone. Pvp rifts used to give a lot of favor...until...well, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

Thumbs down

from what i know you are still logged into the server for 10 seconds after you log out or disconnect, i sometimes have a spotty connection and get random dc and ip changes thus needing to relog. i can guarantee that i have come back to a dead body numerous times if i was in combat if this happens.

what your describing sounds like either a wf or lfg pop
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Dungeon entering should be disabled during pvp combat indefinitely. I doubt someone could keep you out of a dungeon and in combat forever. Die, rez, enter. Also your dungeon won't go anywhere and you won't lose your spot. Also this method is gaurenteed, unlike WF method which is a wait out until a que pops then a small window of time you can enter a que.

The WF's are random and only a ~1m window of opportunity once popped to use it. And unlike a Dungeon, you are then at least forced into the WF without the ability to leave out right away and continue the method because of the leave penalty.

I'd be down for disabled dungeon entering during PvP combat undoubtedly and dealing with the WF one or putting it on hold for a better solution that would also not cause you to miss a WF que out of your control. You should be able to take your ques, especially when sometimes the wait is long during low pop hours. Although the odds are rare and unpredictable for the enemy to do it on purpose, it could happen plenty.

Also you cannot stop the logging out. You can disable logging out while in PvP combat but you can never disable the ability to kill rift.exe whenever you want. Which will accomplish the same thing for the people set on doing such a lame thing. IMO they lose. I'd rather take a death than log in and out and sit around waiting for that, /shrug. Plus, you log in right in the same spot. As a rogue I enjoy if I see someone do this. I usually just wait for them cause they will be back soon most likely. Delayed death, these people lose in the end.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-15-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Shadowlander

Defiant on Deepstrike have been abusing this extensively in the PvP quest areas.

They're using the jump to Warfront but opening up a queue immediately when the fight starts, then depending on whether they're winning, they'll take one of the multiple instant queue pops that come up before escaping to a WF avoiding their death.

It's BS, and not fair to the players that play an honest game. If Trion isn't going to block dungeon and WF ports while in PvP with another player, they need to at least level the playing field for ALL players on a PvP server and add a immunity button that a play can click at any time to disable their PvP flag on a PVP server while they retreat to safety and wait for a opportune time to come back. May as well let the whole PvP population enjoy the same exploit rather than just a few cheaters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast