+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 10 Pages of Threads - 0 Trion Responses

Default 10 Pages of Threads - 0 Trion Responses

Amary does a wonderful job at keeping the community up to speed on downtime and patch notes. The rest of the community team (if there is one), rarely posts anything at all on the forums. You've got a bunch of people whining, complaining, and theorizing and there's nobody from Trion here to say "Well, this is the direction we're trying to take" or "We'll look at it."

Instead, we get these updates in the form of patch notes that usually include hamfisted attempts at fixing PvP - nerfs to healing and damage output, rather than a look at the mechanics that are actually broken like Lingering Wounds, gear disparity, and healing/damage parity.

If you had asked me why I cancelled my account today, this is the reason I'd have given you. If I could actually come here and read "Yeah, we're looking at it - hang in there guys" from a Trion employee, I might have not cancelled.

Rift Disciple

I'm happy with PvP.

I'm happy for you.

1057p say's they call this a quit thread and lock it.

in that case..

"inb4lock dewd, am so kewl"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Shield of Telara

I have to agree with OP 110%.

Its bad enough that the flip the game and classes 180 degrees every other patch, but the complete lack of communication and feedback from the devs just makes it so much worse.

I mean even when they DO tell us something they pull a 180 on the next patch. See my sig for lol's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

The devs don't need to talk much considering how active their hotfixes have been, the actions are speaking as loud as any words should.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    The devs don't need to talk much considering how radioactive their hotfixes have been, the actions are speaking as loud as any words should.
    Fixed it for you ... yw

Ascendant

The devs don't need to talk much considering how active their hotfixes have been, the actions are speaking as loud as any words should.
    I've noticed that since they made the decision to start tuning some abilities to work differently in PvP as opposed to PvE, the pace of adjustments has been much quicker. I think that it's a good thing overall, because they don't have to hum and haw over what the needed PvP changes will do to PvP balance.

If something needs adjusting, they're in a much better position to adjust it. I think the reason pyro and healing adjustments got put off for so long was because they didn't feel pyros could afford a nerf in PvE, nor could healing. But they open the floodgates with the PvP-exclusive nerfs with pyros and now they can really dive in and do what they feel needs doing.

It's a bit painful, especially if your build is the one being nerfed, but it's better for PvP overall than to have everything left hanging while they try to figure out how to make needed adjustments for PvP without disrupting PvE too much.

Their actions do speak loudly. They speak of endless band-aid fixes to PvP issues that will ultimately fail to address any of the broken mechanics that are currently taking all of the fun out of PvP in Rift.

Damage is too high when healing debuffs are in play. Healing is too high without healing debuffs. Solution: Nerf healing in 1.3, then nerf damage in 1.4? What?
    Gear gap makes ranking up an exercise in self-hatred. Solution: Add 2 new ranks in 1.4, make a bigger gap!

I'd never post again if a Trion developer came in here and said that they are basically balancing around Rank 8 players with full R8 gear, and that they don't care about lower gear levels.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    If you had asked me why I cancelled my account today
    Maybe nobody cares? Yea, Ima go with that...

nb4lock and canihazurit3mz

Ascendant

Their actions do speak loudly. They speak of endless band-aid fixes to PvP issues that will ultimately fail to address any of the broken mechanics that are currently taking all of the fun out of PvP in Rift.

Damage is too high when healing debuffs are in play. Healing is too high without healing debuffs. Solution: Nerf healing in 1.3, then nerf damage in 1.4? What?
    Gear gap makes ranking up an exercise in self-hatred. Solution: Add 2 new ranks in 1.4, make a bigger gap!

I'd never post again if a Trion developer came in here and said that they are basically balancing around Rank 8 players with full R8 gear, and that they don't care about lower gear levels.
    Seems to me that they're making a lot of changes they might have liked to have made at or before launch if they had started out tuning abilities differently for PvP vs. PvE from the beginning. But they didn't, and I understand why, and now that they're rolling with separate tuning I would expect to see a lot more changes over the next little while as they adjust, observe, and repeat without having to worry about what impact the changes will have on PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Seems to me that they're making a lot of changes they might have liked to have made at or before launch if they had started out tuning abilities differently for PvP vs. PvE from the beginning. But they didn't, and I understand why, and now that they're rolling with separate tuning I would expect to see a lot more changes over the next little while as they adjust, observe, and repeat without having to worry about what impact the changes will have on PvE.
    That's great but I'd still love to have a Trion employee posting here and saying those things, rather than having to guess and wait.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kurg View Post
    I'm happy with PvP.
    Youre either R8 or on crack.....everything is fun to the guy on top, including screwing middle class families out of their life savings so he can sell yet another mortgage-backed security....doesnt mean its right, or thats they way it should be, or thats the way anyone with an IQ above 85 would design the system (unless, of course, they knew ex ante they would be the guy on top).
    Last edited by Madmortigan; 08-15-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    My advice for Trion is to move R7-8 into their own league. A R8 warrior/Rogue hitting a r1-r6 Cleric is equivalent to Mike Tyson beating up kids outside an orphanage. Its just sad.

Ascendant

That's great but I'd still love to have a Trion employee posting here and saying those things, rather than having to guess and wait.
    Seems to me that you've already made up your mind and formed an opinion of them. Or is all of this, "I unsubbed because you don't know what you're doing" just a bunch of double talking BS to try and goad them into patting you on the head and telling you that everything is going to be okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Madmortigan View Post
    Youre either R8 or on crack.....everything is fun to the guy on top, including screwing middle class families out of their life savings so they sould sell yet another mortgage-backed security....doesnt mean its right, or thats they way it should be, or thats the way anyone with an IQ above 85 would design the system (unless, of course, they knew ex ante they would be the guy on top).
    Middle class families didn't need to by a 5 bed, 4.5 bath house that was well outside their means

Every single party, including homeowners...especially sub-prime borrowers, are responsible for the mess in 2008
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast