+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Why you're stupid and why Riftstalkers aren't OP

  1. #1
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default Why you're stupid and why Riftstalkers aren't OP

    Alright, now that I'm not on my iPod I'm going to actually type something that should give you a clear and logical solution to your Riftstalker problems. And copy it because one of these threads pops up every 2.3 minutes.

    #1 Riftstalkers have no self healing.
    Compared to zerg that hit your base, and a P6 Warden holding the flag, a riftstalker will go down FAST. Trion nerfed ALL of our defensive cooldowns--because of this, we only take more and more damage if our health goes down. If your issue is a riftstalker with a healer, then that's nothing to complain about--any class can run a shard provided they have a pocket healer.

    #2 Riftstalkers can only plane shift so much.
    There are only two plane shifts riftstalkers can use without prompting by something else. Shadow warp and shadow shift, which combined give 4 seconds of CC immunity and 40 meter warp distance. Right away, this should tip you off. Don't have your team standing directly in front of the riftstalker--they WILL just warp to you and run forward. That's not an issue with the class, that's an issue with those trying to stop the riftstalker. The other shift we have can be used on a friendly player but again, if there's a friendly player with in range to shift, any class could've ran the shard without a problem.

    #3 Blue balls.
    You know those floating blue balls that give you a 100% movement speed buff?
    TAKE THEM.
    They're in your base and in the exact middle where everyone fights. If you let a riftstalker get one they WILL outrun you but that isn't because RS is unbalanced, it's because you were dumb enough to let them take one.

    #4 Other classes can run just as well.
    To be quite honest, I'm sure there are other flag running specs that could be made in a different class. I'll theorycraft a few right now..
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1c...VV0zo.xxtou0uR
    This build gives you an AoE fear that hits everyone around you and doesn't break on damage, an 8 second single target CC, a battle charge, a shadowstep with no cooldown+ a passive stun, a 75% parry buff on a 1 minute cooldown, a root, a buff that reduces damage taken by 10%, and a 20 second +50% movement speed buff.

    THAT IS JUST AS GOOD AS A RIFTSTALKER. You can also have a shield, and have a ton more passive mitigation with armor, AND...
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/98C3CD84...ting-Faesource
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E2E890C0...n's-Mirror
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/EAAD9DC4...mous-Faesource
    These three items give you plenty of self healing as well.
    Now, that's just a warrior flag running spec.
    I've seen plenty of wardens, hell, even chloro/dom/locks run flags just fine. Simply because rogues have the easiest method of theorycrafting a flag running spec doesn't mean theirs needs to be nerfed.

    #5 Slows, stuns, purges, etc.
    Rogues aren't always immune to slows and stuns. As a longtime flag runner (http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...00Captures.png)
    (http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...13/100Wins.png)
    (http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/...dnotoriety.png)
    You need to know when to shift. If a dominator (Transmogrify), a bard (Verse of Captivation), or anyone with a long time CC (Touch of tranquility, etc) tags a runner as they exit the opponent's base, they can alert others that a flag runner is on his way out, and to amass at him. When the runner is CCed the CCer can move ahead, and be prepared to use a slow, and another in-combat CC on the runner. With a little team cooperation, it's unbelievably simple.
    But Zaros, they have speed buffs! They can run faster!
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/788308251/Eradicate
    At least one rogue on your team with have this. Make use of it, because it works on EVERYTHING.

    #6 PLAY DEFENSE
    Now, this entire wall of text could be ignored by simply reading this.
    Have someone. Just SOMEONE on defense.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/115662436/Break-Free <- Plenty of people use it, so no complaining about being CCed.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E7ECB8B4...ter-Recon-Vial <- You can see a runner before he even SHOWS UP at your shards.
    Or simply have a stealthed rogue on defense. I HATE those when I flag carry.
    Finally, you could just let natural selection take it's course. Ask anyone on the shatterbone battlegroup what a Quiet is--I was a flag runner for a LONG time. Eventually the defiants smartened up, and (le gasp) started to defend. Because of this, after enough punishment I dropped my flag spec. But because people seem so dumb now, I might end up picking it up again. We'll see.

    If you read this entire thing and still have issues with riftstalkers, I sincerely feel sorry for you.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    I think Zaros has had it with everyone's tomfoolery, but seriously he/she is right.
    Even free cost too much now

  3. #3
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by credo View Post
    i think zaros has had it with everyone's tomfoolery, but seriously he/she is right.
    fear my red text and well-thought-out arguments
    Last edited by Zaros; 08-15-2011 at 02:23 PM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Satiar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, Cali
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Riftstalker runners, meet the 44 Marksman. Congratulations, you're now totally ******.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

    Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

  5. #5
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Riftstalker runners, meet the 44 Marksman. Congratulations, you're now totally ******.
    My thoughts exactly!

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Happydaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default minor correction

    You Use To See Wardens Run the Flag.. It isn't feasable now without another healer or 2.. If you run slow you are bound to die is the way it works now.

    Using any Fears or crowd slows are far more effective when you have someone port out of harms way.. Only a 40m teleport? My spells only go 40m? Hmm.. Your argument seems completely legit to me..
    Last edited by Happydaze; 08-15-2011 at 02:26 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    You Used To See Wardens Run the Flag.. It isn't feasable now without another healer or 2.. If you run slow you are bound to die is the way it works now.

    Using any Fears or crowd slows are far more effective when you have someone port out of harms way.. Only a 40m teleport? My spells only go 40m? Hmm.. Your argument seems completely legit to me..
    The 40m teleport is VERY hard to do. You wouldn't understand, because judging by your response, you're a mage. Roll a rogue and level up to 26. Try to pull off a 40m port in the time it takes you to use wither.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Selly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    43

    Default

    as a riftstalker rogue I support this message ^^

  9. #9
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Do you realize how many stones Stalkers captured in the time that it took you type that out?

    Ahem, just saying...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  10. #10
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Do you realize how many stones Stalkers captured in the time that it took you type that out?

    Ahem, just saying...
    The number of people attacking the 12k health warrior or cleric that just won't go down while the stalker silly walks past them all with a stone is much much greater.
    Even free cost too much now

  11. #11
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Do you realize how many stones Stalkers captured in the time that it took you type that out?

    Ahem, just saying...
    Over 9000. But whitefall in my battlegroup is mostly defiant premades, so I could care less.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser Happydaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default No kidding

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Do you realize how many stones Stalkers captured in the time that it took you type that out?

    Ahem, just saying...
    OP typed out a page about how impossible it is to return stones as a Stalker yet do date they have 99% of all stones captured..

    Correction.. Typed out a page about how we are all idiots because we all have stone running specs we are not using..

    Link that cleric build one more time if u don't mind?

  13. #13
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    OP typed out a page about how impossible it is to return stones as a Stalker
    No. I made a thread to help explain how to stop us, because you people have your heads so far up your *** you can't figure it out.

    yet do date they have 99% of all stones captured..
    99% is a completely made up statistic. You have no basis whatsoever for that.

    Correction.. Typed out a page about how we are all idiots because we all have stone running specs we are not using..
    I made 6 different points about how to stop a riftstalker. That was one. 1/6 Of my post was about that. Not a full page, and yes, you are an idiot. At least you got something right.

    Link that cleric build one more time if u don't mind?
    It's called Warden they have these things called HoTs and they do this thing called not die

  14. #14
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  15. #15
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts