+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sooooo we ever planning to fix DR's?

Rift Disciple

Default Sooooo we ever planning to fix DR's?

I know many people want this fixed already... obviously we don't want it like it was before where you would be cc;d all game long, but can you at least group the CC returns? like fear and squirrel should be on the same dr, silences should be on the same dr's, snares and stuns should be on the same dr's...

I gotta say the most annoying thing in the world is when a warrior or rogue jumps on me (as a mage) and I have yet to even touch them the entire time, I quickly spin my mouse around and press 3 to knock them back and make some ground, as we all know a mage who stands near a warrior for 5 seconds is dead, oh but wait hes immune... EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MY FIRST SPELL EVER ON HIM

or even when I play pyro, I see a riftstalker carrying a shard in whitefall, well lets see im gonna slow him 90% down of his speed so my team can catch up to him... oh wait no im not hes immune, you wait a couple seconds and use a stun, again HOPING to give your team some time to catch up to him... oh wait immune again!! a warrior then decides to charge me to stop me from getting on this rogue, I quickly jump and turn around and press shift C for disarm, oh wait hes immune to that so now I just die...

how about when I play Dom/Chloro for WF weekend, I go to squirrel the cleric in the back to stop some heals, nope hes immune, so I use arresting presence on the chloro near him, nope hes immune to that to... well thats just awesome... basically if a two warriors on my team fear bomb the team when they charge in, then half of there team is immune to everything for the next 15 seconds... AWESOME!

Shield of Telara

OP... are you trolling? I thought this thread would be about the lack of DR's in the game. You get that many immunes? Who are you using them on? Knockbacks on a /20 paragon warrior? Snares on a MM or RS rogue? Maybe hitting people who have the break free buff up?

Honestly for quite a while now the game has not seemed to function as stated in what was it? 1.2? CC groups and immunities. Seems like everything is in its own group now. I can say almost for certain stun, fear, mez, and transmog all have their own DR and don't seem to affect each other..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    OP... are you trolling? I thought this thread would be about the lack of DR's in the game. You get that many immunes? Who are you using them on? Knockbacks on a /20 paragon warrior? Snares on a MM or RS rogue? Maybe hitting people who have the break free buff up?

Honestly for quite a while now the game has not seemed to function as stated in what was it? 1.2? CC groups and immunities. Seems like everything is in its own group now. I can say almost for certain stun, fear, mez, and transmog all have their own DR and don't seem to affect each other..
    no no im not trolling at all! and by no ways is there a lack of cc's in this game, everyone knows this lol, but what does suck is when you go to use your cc's but yet because of there diminishing returns flaw, you will find most classes become immune to everything quite fast, and quite easily

Telaran

The issue here is that too many dispellable snares/CC's share DR with each other. What other games have done is made "categories" of different snares/silences/CC's that share DR with about 10-12 per category. In Rift just about every ability is shared, despite being dispellable. That leads to players becoming immune to everything too quickly. Rift needs to better balance out DR's and not allow a melee to become quickly unpeelable, since most snares are dispelled - hell even some dps classes can dispel a row of debuffs. The OP has a valid point, the DR system in Rift needs to be tweaked.
    Last edited by velias; 08-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Prophet of Telara

I am never immune to anything.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by killhimnotme View Post
    I know many people want this fixed already... obviously we don't want it like it was before where you would be cc;d all game long, but can you at least group the CC returns? like fear and squirrel should be on the same dr, silences should be on the same dr's, snares and stuns should be on the same dr's...

I gotta say the most annoying thing in the world is when a warrior or rogue jumps on me (as a mage) and I have yet to even touch them the entire time, I quickly spin my mouse around and press 3 to knock them back and make some ground, as we all know a mage who stands near a warrior for 5 seconds is dead, oh but wait hes immune... EVEN THOUGH IT WAS MY FIRST SPELL EVER ON HIM

or even when I play pyro, I see a riftstalker carrying a shard in whitefall, well lets see im gonna slow him 90% down of his speed so my team can catch up to him... oh wait no im not hes immune, you wait a couple seconds and use a stun, again HOPING to give your team some time to catch up to him... oh wait immune again!! a warrior then decides to charge me to stop me from getting on this rogue, I quickly jump and turn around and press shift C for disarm, oh wait hes immune to that so now I just die...

how about when I play Dom/Chloro for WF weekend, I go to squirrel the cleric in the back to stop some heals, nope hes immune, so I use arresting presence on the chloro near him, nope hes immune to that to... well thats just awesome... basically if a two warriors on my team fear bomb the team when they charge in, then half of there team is immune to everything for the next 15 seconds... AWESOME!
    The Paragon soul has a talent that makes them immune to KB, so it will always say immune if you try to use any KB power on them.

First thing Trion needs to do is actually implement the 1.2 notes. We can tell by how broken things are, that they have not been implemented. Let's get that fixed, and then we can proceed to recommendations for changes.

Course, as I've recommended/suggested before...

Change from the Control and Movement families to the following four groups:

Control - Mez, Squirrel, Stun, Fear
    Ability - Silence, Disarm
    Speed - Root, Snare
    Location - Pull, Knockback

Further, I would change the DR to the following...

Control/Ability - Full, 2/3rd, 1/3rd, Immune
    Speed/Location - Full, 3/4th, 1/2th, 1/4th, Immune

The delusional recommendations would call for a complete redesign of the Souls so that CC simply is not as prevalent as it is amongst so many of the Souls... but that is a pretty delusional suggestion, cough-cough.

As an aside, I've come across the "immune" message on first contact against folks that could not have the immunities offered by the various Souls up at the time... course, around that time I notice that people are flickering across the screen, attacks are not doing damage, and I start dying a lot. It generally means it is time to restart the game client and then things are fine again, meh....
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Chaser

op is right, current system is donkey ****.

Soulwalker

I personally think 5 sec silences are too long to start with. You can be dead long before that wears off.

Fear and stun needs to affect classes differently. Warriors/rogues that become immune to fear/stun are In Godmode.
    Priests/mages that become immune to fear/stun are still susceptible to silence.

Melee have an advantage here.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jonyutah View Post
    I personally think 5 sec silences are too long to start with. You can be dead long before that wears off.

Fear and stun needs to affect classes differently. Warriors/rogues that become immune to fear/stun are In Godmode.
    Priests/mages that become immune to fear/stun are still susceptible to silence.

Melee have an advantage here.
    this is very true sadly lol

but let me lay out some scenarios here that not only happen all the time but are extremely annoying!

in whitefall this weekend we all know that the way to win, is by having a ton of healers, and having an all out group battle right? So as a mage, unlike many, I know that I have to protect my healers as much as I possibly can! There is a reason as to why every single calling has CC in it. So when were in battle and im hanging out in the back near my healer and I see 2 warriors and 1 rogue on one of our clerics, the first thing I want to do is peel off of him, I don't care about my damage charts or anything like that so im fine with stopping damage. When I am full pyro I have an AoE stun for 2 seconds, an AoE slow, and a disarm. So when I see 3 people on my healer and I go to either AoE stun or slow (depending which cd is up) and I see immune on all of them, do you know how much that sucks? it makes me feel utterly useless that I am unable to help out my healer.

so what happens next? Well as you guessed it, since I am unable to peel from my healer, it is only a matter of time before he dies, and what happens when he dies? He gets frustrated because no one is helping him live in order to heal people. This shouldn't be how it is!

Now of course there are times when everything goes great and you are able to stand out from the crowd, again, another example, it was me and a cleric vs 2 warriors, a rogue, and a pyro mage, and me as a dom/pyro myself. They all go for the cleric in order to kill him, I squirreled one warrior, storm shackled the other, used transference on the rogue while having the mage as my focus target, and silencing / reflecting his spells, all while in the meantime I pop heat wave/split personality and blow them up 1 by 1, while still rotating my cc's and helping out my healer. We came out the victor. Times like that is where people get to shine and show that skill can outcome gear/numbers, but with the current DR system, in a large scale battle, there is absolutely no chance of me not only helping my healers, but protecting myself when I am unable to CC the huge *** warrior coming our way because he is immune to everything, this is what needs some fixing!

Shield of Telara

Lol @ virusdancer's suggested groups and DR..

Two groups.. movement and stun/incapacitate.

Knockbacks and pulls go with movement on the snare DR. Everything that locks you out including disarm and silence should be on the stun DR. We don't need 4 groups.

And not being immune til the 4th cc? It only takes 2 to kill most people. You need a 3rd for that extra insurance?

Also really funny how many still cry about a warriors one aoe fear and then this thread people want DR gone. Make up your minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

If a game has DRs, it is because it has already failed on a design level.

They are, by definition, a band-aid to a broken system: a system where they put too much CC into the game in the first place.

In general all these powers need a shorter duration and longer cooldown. There should be more tools for removing CC, but it should be on your allies not yourself. The OP is correct that when you use an ability, in his example a knock-back, IT SHOULD WORK.

Guild Wars got this stuff right.

I don't see a problem with snares and roots never hitting a DR. Kiting is a method and many classes have stuff that counters roots and snares. Mage blink forward, warrior charge, couple rogue immunity temps etc.

They might have to tone some stuff down but it would be worth it. As long as roots always have a chance to break on damage should never be immune to root by DR means. I'm a rogue so this hardly effects me but mages should be able to snares and root the crap out of warriors and such. Warriors can charge though if they get close enough so it works as a tactic.

They could remove all DR but they would have to really rework some spells or change some for PvP. Like Bard cant have a non DR mez. Or let stuff like that only effect 1 target at a time. /shrugs
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-15-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Lol @ virusdancer's suggested groups and DR..

Two groups.. movement and stun/incapacitate.
    Two groups is pretty stupid. The number of groups WoW has is ugly stupid, but two groups is pretty stupid.

Knockbacks and pulls go with movement on the snare DR. Everything that locks you out including disarm and silence should be on the stun DR. We don't need 4 groups.
    They are logical. Silence/Disarm do not actually remove your control. They remove your ability to use abilities - thus the group: Ability. Those that actually remove your control, guess what: Control.

As for the other two, again - straight forward logic. Roots and Snares affect your speed. That they are in the movement group makes sense, since they affect your Speed.. Knockbacks/Pulls do not affect your movement - they affect your placement...your Location.

And not being immune til the 4th cc? It only takes 2 to kill most people. You need a 3rd for that extra insurance?
    Guessing you did not read, eh? The difference for Ability/Control is that it is 2/3rd-1/3rd instead of 1/2th-1/4th. It is only with the Speed/Location that it includes the third. It is a compromise for the folks that want no DR on Snares/Roots.

Also really funny how many still cry about a warriors one aoe fear and then this thread people want DR gone. Make up your minds.
    Battlefield Intimidation is broken. While part of that being broken involves DR, it is only part. Escape Artist still does not work to counter BI. BI is a bad joke and needs to be fixed.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Virusdancer-

Your Icon brings back memories...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast