+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spending Favor

Default Spending Favor

Ok, so I'm hoarding favor on lvl 41 toon...should i spend it now, or wait until i get say rank 2 or 3...? or rank 1...or wth??

Thx

Ascendant

Start getting the P1/P2 gear, now the P3,4,5,6,7,8 gear requires the lower ranked version of the item + marks to obtain it.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

hrm, so i read "wait to buy rank 2"?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mocotriste View Post
    hrm, so i read "wait to buy rank 2"?
    I had a ton of questions about this too when I was coming up on level 50, and couldn't find the information anywhere, so I'm taking the time to really answer your question

The important thing to realize is the PVP gear set is split in half across two different ranks. You dont get an entire set from the first PVP rank. The first PVP rank will get you for instance (if I recall correctly) 2 rings, belt, boots, gloves, and the weapons (which don't even explicitly require even rank 1, but that's moot because you start at rank 1).

The rank 2 gear consists of everything missing from the rank 1 set: head, chest, legs, shoulders, necklace. At this point, the first entire set spans rank 1 and rank 2.

The next set spans rank 3 and rank 4. The rank 3 gear on the vendor costs the equivalent piece of rank 1 gear and a certain number of Marks of Retribution, an alternative currency which costs 1600 favor for one Mark. For instance, to get the rank 3 gloves, you give up your rank 1 gloves and pay say 5 Marks. You do this for each piece of your rank 1 gear - trade it in with the appropriate mark cost for the improvement. For rank 3, you will upgrade the first half of the set you previously purchased: rings, boots, gloves, belt. For rank 4, you upgrade the other half: head, chest, legs, shoulders, necklace. I believe the weapons are strange in that after the first set, they upgrade on the even numbered ranks (4, 6, 8).

The reason everyone tells you to buy the p1/p2 gear is that both of those ranks together are what make up the "starter" set. There isn't an entire set of p2 gear, so the notion that you should save for it and "skip" rank 1 is a fallacy because the p2 gear is only half of the set.

The most important pieces (because they are the beginning of the mark of retribution turn-in chain from ranks 3 up to 8) are therefore the p1 AND p2 items to get a whole set of 11-12 pieces (counting weapons). Once you have acquired this said gear, when you near the favor cap, simply convert your favor to Marks, as this will be what you use to upgrade later INSTEAD of favor after the change.

This really was an elegant system that Trion put together. It's a shame my goodwill toward it was ruined by how they handled the PVP Rift exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lluluien View Post
    This really was an elegant system that Trion put together.
    That ignored Scion gear...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Thanks Llulu, couldn't be more clear...I still have 8 levels, but started checking the gear now.

Muchos grassyass!

+ Reply to Thread