+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Maeloda

Thread: Please address the stark Faction imbalance on most servers.

Default Please address the stark Faction imbalance on most servers.

I have been noticing on every server that I have transferred to thus far has been very Defiant dominant. This leads to the Defiant basically owning world PvP, and virtually all of the PvP Raid Rift activity.

I know at least on Sunrest at the moment we see about 50-60 Defiant PvP rifts run daily, with maybe about 10 or so Guardian raid rifts, which generally end in a 3:1 smash fest when the defiant show up and roll it over.

I am all for open-world PvP, but getting zerged day after day due to server imbalance is not engaging, or interesting.

I would hope Trion would address the server imbalances, and maybe go the way of Warhammer on this one and provide a buff to the faction in the zone that happens to be out numbered. Would at least help with the constant zergfests.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

Be happy : you have more scrubs to kill.

i have made a thread about this faction imbalance also but with a different complaint, because of the imbalance defiant solo queue is 10-15 min while guardian is instant, and premade queue for deifnat is infinity and guardian 2 min or so, meaning you get guardian premades all the time against defiant pugs. which is due to the new system of separating premade-pugs.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    i have made a thread about this faction imbalance also but with a different complaint, because of the imbalance defiant solo queue is 10-15 min while guardian is instant, and premade queue for deifnat is infinity and guardian 2 min or so, meaning you get guardian premades all the time against defiant pugs. which is due to the new system of separating premade-pugs.
    Maybe, but i'd rather prefer winning every 10 minutes than losing continously.

Guardians on Sunrest have been transferring away since transfers went live. Sunrest was always tilted towards defiants, but with the pvper exodus to Seastone, and many people gettinig tried of the non-stop zerg/ganking its only going to get worse. 6 friends of mine recently transfered from Sunrest to a PvE shard so we can actually do open world content without being zerged 10-1. Did a Rift Raid yesterday on new shard. First one in almost 3 weeks.
    Server: Sunrest Rp/PvP

Glocknall: Dwarf Riftblade/Paladin/Beastmaster
    Excelsiorr: Dwarf Cleric Cabalist/Inquisitor/Druid
    Member of Vertias

Trion did address this by offering Free Character Transfers and creating the Travel Hub sections on the forums...

...course, it did not attempt to fix the problem - only made it worse...

...but Trion did address the issue in typical Trion fashion.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Carondimonio View Post
    Maybe, but i'd rather prefer winning every 10 minutes than losing continously.
    with my complaint, about guardians having 5 man premade able to join our pugs every 2 mins is giving them the advantage so you dont win every 10-15 min, you just go against a premade every 10-15 min while u pug.

on the other hand, we get to do raid rifts during those 10-15 mins while they in a WF against other defiant pugs because we are the over populated faction.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Trion did address this by offering Free Character Transfers and creating the Travel Hub sections on the forums...

...course, it did not attempt to fix the problem - only made it worse...

...but Trion did address the issue in typical Trion fashion.
    Yeah they just need to do something different now I think. It's hard to get people to constantly uproot from on shard to the next due to the imbalance.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tidings View Post
    Yeah they just need to do something different now I think. It's hard to get people to constantly uproot from on shard to the next due to the imbalance.
    They need to be hands-on, as much as they 'DONT WANNA' do so, when it comes to faction balances.

Offer transfers to any server (at least PvP ones) that have more than a 60/40 imbalance in factions. Only allow transfers to the disadvantaged side, block off transfers to the advantaged side.

Yeah, it would require Trion to actually look into their server numbers regularly regarding PvP, but its better than what they have currently, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    They need to be hands-on, as much as they 'DONT WANNA' do so, when it comes to faction balances.

Offer transfers to any server (at least PvP ones) that have more than a 60/40 imbalance in factions. Only allow transfers to the disadvantaged side, block off transfers to the advantaged side.

Yeah, it would require Trion to actually look into their server numbers regularly regarding PvP, but its better than what they have currently, by far.
    Yeah I agree with that 100%, would probably fix some of the issues with people transferring at the moment. Could stop the Defiant transfer train from slamming some servers.

I know about 3 weeks back our server was fairly balanced. There were decent skirmishes and were fairly balanced, now it is just the defiant pain train barreling through guardian station.

oh and love the avatar. Legion was win in MA2.
    Sir Azyurel of Eternal
    Eternal of Greybriar
    "WTF is the internet?"

+ Reply to Thread