+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WF Reporting AFK

Soulwalker

Default WF Reporting AFK

Reporting AFK dose not work. Bot are made so then do get the boot. Premades are exploiting broken system to kick people they do not like,have bad gear, or are use a spec they do not like.

example: I was reported afk by a premade in weekend whitefall. I know this because they told me they were going to do it. I was only heals took the first stone and charged up near there base staying with group. They did not like this so said they were reporting afk. I then stayed in middle and we wiped 2nd wave. I returned stone to our base. Get back to middle a stone poped i pick it up and return it to base. Get back to middle and booted from game for being afk.

example: I have seen people running spec people did not like and some one will said in raid everyone report this guy afk when he dies. It is not always possible to be in combat in a min after a death. you dont know a timers on you and you have to buff and then find some one in wf which can take running around 3/4 the map at times especially in low population games

Soulwalker

Also 1 hour ban is in game so jumping on an alt cost me 2 hrs of weekend extra prestige game play for doing nothing wrong and all csr has to say is report a bug if you think there was a bug.

Ascendant

i get booted out everytime i turn to tell my wife something, so its working for the non botters
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Angry

Bump.
    Last night a guy from Bloodiron was standing next to Defiant boss AFK and ppl didn't even bother to report him.After I said his name (Hoog-something) some reported him but nothing.

Then he came and said "Was making tea" (yeah right!) and we won and he got 4800 favor and the rest of as that where fighting 2900 MAX!

So are you ppl interesting reporting players or you like bust your ars winning and the AFK guy gets double favor AND prestige from you?

Open the map every 2 min, see the same dots in the same spot, right click in their names and report AFK!That easy.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    Bump.
    Last night a guy from Bloodiron was standing next to Defiant boss AFK and ppl didn't even bother to report him.After I said his name (Hoog-something) some reported him but nothing.

Then he came and said "Was making tea" (yeah right!) and we won and he got 4800 favor and the rest of as that where fighting 2900 MAX!

So are you ppl interesting reporting players or you like bust your ars winning and the AFK guy gets double favor AND prestige from you?

Open the map every 2 min, see the same dots in the same spot, right click in their names and report AFK!That easy.
    Every AFK'r I've ever caught and called out that was at their computer watching chat has given an excuse, but of course they keep on AFK'ing and not playing the WF after being caught.

The standing by the boss is an exploit that's been used for some time, they get increased rewards for doing it, just like what you saw at the end of the match.

I was in a WF last night where the players were openly talking about an obvious AFK'r who never moved off the spawn point. Said AFK'r was still there when the match ended and received their prize, so seems I was the only one who reported them as afk. Looks like most players have come to expect and accept this behavior so don't even bother trying to do something about it.

I mark them on my map. haha
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I mark them on my map. haha
    That would be awesome if it could be used as a homing beacon for a pack of ravenous dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by -Sansa- View Post
    I was in a WF last night where the players were openly talking about an obvious AFK'r who never moved off the spawn point. Said AFK'r was still there when the match ended and received their prize, so seems I was the only one who reported them as afk. Looks like most players have come to expect and accept this behavior so don't even bother trying to do something about it.
    I sent in a petition on a guy that had been afking for a day. I was surprised on how fast the petition was answered and they started an investigation. I ultimately don't know what action they took, but I left for a few hours and when I came back I didn't see him in anymore games.

Being in combat doesn't svae you from being kicked by the AFK tool. I know this because I was griefed with it myself for using my inquisicar pvp variant in a warfront and some whiny rogue decided that my top spot on heals was why we were losing the game. >.>

The trick is getting 3 peoploe to go through the trouble of actually clicking the bloody tool.

And btw, report the people who openly grief you with it by name right after you get out of the warfront. Screenshot the chat even as insurance. It works - said ******bag rogue yelled at me when I saw him again 3 days later, angry because he got suspended. Delicious jerkwad tears, mrmmm...
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Rift Disciple

Well, now that I help my team more by being afk gaining favor so I can get to r6 faster and actually be USEFUL in a wf against r8...

I used to be pretty vigilant about reporting people afk who were actually afk, even writing a gm report on a couple of players. Now I'm r2 and feeding the opposing faction free favor without being able to cast a single spell to help my team. Instant flourish, ruin? Not even on timer after I begin to be attacked and click the button on my keyboard, because I'm already dead.

Why bother having an afk mechanism at all anymore?

Rift pvp - fun until 50.
    WARNING: Contents may be Irish.
    <Bountiful> on Faeblight, 50 Mage Bahmi
    taking some time off in a galaxy far, far away.
    We're tiny but mighty! RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    Bump.

He was probably defending our boss from the guardians, it just so happens you get an extra 3-4 favor a kill while defending the boss. You may call it afking, but when a group of 7 tries the boss, and Im the only one around and proceed to wipe the group up (with boss help of course) Ive effectiverly saved the game for us. Id be careful calling people by the boss as afking, they may be playing defenswe. (The same as in WFS Im by the crystal to defend it.)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Seira View Post
    Every AFK'r I've ever caught and called out that was at their computer watching chat has given an excuse, but of course they keep on AFK'ing and not playing the WF after being caught.

The standing by the boss is an exploit that's been used for some time, they get increased rewards for doing it, just like what you saw at the end of the match.
    If the watching chat and responding then they are clearly not AFK.

Ascendant

so what we have determined:

report afk does not work on bots or afkers

report afk does work as a vote kick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    so what we have determined:

report afk does not work on bots or afkers

report afk does work as a vote kick
    Vote kick with an hour long debuff, yes. That's all it gets used for.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast