+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Imbalance between p6 and lower is embarrassing

Telaran

Default Imbalance between p6 and lower is embarrassing

So are you trying to run off all but a few players who find some sick joy in losing 40 games in a row 10-1000, 0-3, etc... because they are going up against p6 with p2?

Fix the imbalance or do us all a favor and remove this so-called pvp from the game.

Ascendant

Being P2 after favorama 2011 + bonus weekends = embarassing
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Not everyone was able to poopsock a few hundred thousand prestige/favor that weekend.

And some people are just coming into the game now, or just hitting 50 now.

The gear gap is severely damaging to the game's PvP. New players, or players who have lives outside of the game, are heavily discouraged from even trying, because they have no chance whatsoever no matter how good they may be at the game. This reduces the number of people PvPing, which will ultimately kill it due to lack of interest.

If I encounter a Rank 0 player in the world for PvP rifts or the like, they die inside of the Paralyzing Strike stun, without ever having a chance to play their character. R6 players survive it easily (which is why you don't usually open with Paralyzing Strike on high-valor targets).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Plane Walker

it doesnt take very long to move up in rank to the P3-P4 range. Jeesh I was P2 before I hit lvl 50 iirc. Plus with the PvE rep quests, its very easy to get 160 or so valor from the vendor. Its not as bad as some make it out to be. Yes there is a huge gap between a P6 and a P1 in PvE blues, but lets face it, most people who PvP already have purple gear from the instances, and so the main issue is valor not other gear stats. And like I say, a P3 or P4 with the PvE valor items isnt THAT much different from a P6, in terms of helping their team win.
    Eol, Chloromancer and Justinian, Inquistor, Guardians of Faeblight.
    Previous incarnations include: Camring and Camran, SWTOR; Ceol & Duri - LotRO; Eol - L2; Kili - WoW; Camring - SWG; Justinian, Camring - DAoC

Rift Disciple

No it means you actually have a life outside of a video game.

But level 50 should be in brackets, 1 & 2 - 3 & 4... or something to that a effect. I'm only rank 4 and I can take down a R2 w/o much effort at all. A rank 6+ just has to run by a fresh 50 or something and it seems like they will fall over. It's really pretty sad that Trion has the lower levels in brackets but not the top level, when there is an obvious gap.
    Last edited by Ootax; 08-15-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ceol View Post
    Jeesh I was P2 before I hit lvl 50 iirc.
    You weren't because you don't even start getting prestige until level 50.
    Surah - Lvl 50/P4/T2 Kelari Mage - Molinar
    Surax - Lvl 50 Bahmi Warrior - Molinar

except due to this thing called variance a warfront typically looks like this:

-----G--D
    R1: 1 2
    R2: 2 1
    R3: 4 3
    R4: 2 3
    R5: 1 2
    R6: 3 1
    R7: 0 1
    R8: 0 0

if you're on the lower part of the variance tree, then change your spec to help your team. Go Healing/support
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ootax View Post
    No it means you actually have a life outside of a video game.

But level 50 should be in brackets, 1 & 2 - 3 & 4... or something to that a effect. I'm only rank 4 and I can take down a R2 w/o much effort at all. A rank 6+ just has to run by a fresh 50 or something and it seems like they will fall over. It's really pretty sad that Trion has the lower levels in brackets but not the top level, when there is an obvious gap.
    45k prestige for P2
    90k for P3

Total of 135k prestige to not be P2

Bonus weekend + favorama should have taken about 9 hours total to get above P2. Not including the fact the game has been out for months already and there is whitefall escalation bonuses EVERY weekend now. If you are still P2 don't complain that other peoples toons > you when you don't want to invest time in a game designed to be a time sink
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ceol View Post
    Jeesh I was P2 before I hit lvl 50 iirc.
    No you weren't.

Rift Disciple

Thumbs up

45k prestige for P2
    90k for P3

Bonus weekend + favorama should have taken about 9 hours total to get above P2. Not including the fact the game has been out for months already and there is whitefall escalation bonuses EVERY weekend now. If you are still P2 don't complain that other peoples toons > you when you don't want to invest time in a game designed to be a time sink
    Except that this is 9 hours of getting your face bashed in repeatedly...yippie!!!! Also, if your faction is horrible in the battlegroup, its more like an entire 24hr period of face bashing.....I honestly dont understand how anyone can defend pvp in Rift.....its sets a new floor
    Last edited by Madmortigan; 08-15-2011 at 07:00 AM.

45k prestige for P2
    90k for P3

Umm, it's NO FUN playing in a warfront against prestiage rank 6+ folks when you're a fresh 50 or even prestige rank 2. Don't you get it? It doesn't matter HOW LONG IT TAKES if it's NOT FUN!!

(I took the liberty of capitalizing the important words so maybe, just MAYBE you'll understand.)

Quote Originally Posted by Madmortigan View Post
    Except that this is 9 hours of getting your face bashed in repeatedly...yippie!!!!
    I did the grind again on my cleric. It's not bad as you think it is. The real problem is people want to go in and melt faces without getting the right gear.

There are other ways to 'gear up' that does not involve entering a wf.

BTW I'm all for segregated warfronts. But I have a feeling these people will whine about something else.
    Last edited by Vaine; 08-15-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Banned

If you are the kind of player, and boy do i se a lot of them, that thinks pvp is running straight at the other side mashing two buttons you are going to fail irrespective of your or their rank.

If you know you are slightly weaker, slightly squishier or have slightly lower dps you spec and play accordingly.

I'm stunned constantly at the number of people who cannot grasp the concept of grouping, marking, checking scoresheet for who you're up against and whos healing/being pocket healed etc.

In short stupid people lose and blame ranks.

Telaran

ranks equated to which side wins. there is nothing else. they need to be seperated.

having rank 1s in the same wfs as rank 6's is like puting level 10's in with level 30's the power gap is that intense. anyone arguing against that has a rank 6+ and doesnt want to lose their free faceroll wins.

Rift Disciple

I wonder how many of these people complaining imbalances only did 2-3 warfronts post 50 and got destoryed and ran to forums. And before you start I myself am only R2 almost R3...it's hard but remember that all the others had to do it too. No one dinged 50 and was immediately rank 6.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast