+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lightning Burst Critically hits Magnos for 4396 damage

Default Lightning Burst Critically hits Magnos for 4396 damage

I am a R7 Warrior with 1k Valor, this would have one-shotted anyone with half that amount or less, and MY class is the one that got nerfed. What the hell are you smoking, Trion?

FYI redball was nerfed, so you can't blame it on that anymore. I only wish AP scaled as well as SP, but I wouldn't expect them to fix that either.
    Last edited by Magnos; 08-14-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    I am a R7 Warrior with 1k Valor, this would have one-shotted anyone with half that amount or less, and MY class is the one that got nerfed. What the hell are you smoking, Trion?

FYI redball was nerfed, so you can't blame it on that anymore. I only wish AP scaled as well as SP, but I wouldn't expect them to fix that either.
    Dude learn frigging english shotted isn't a frigging word .... "this would have shot anyone" is the correct way. Sorry for going off but it's a massive pet peeve that something so damn simple can get screwed so regularly by people that should be smart enough to know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Taipanic View Post
    Dude learn frigging english shotted isn't a frigging word .... "this would have shot anyone" is the correct way. Sorry for going off but it's a massive pet peeve that something so damn simple can get screwed so regularly by people that should be smart enough to know better.
    "Frigging" isn't a word either, and besides if that's all it takes to get you angry when reading stuff on the internet your going to be a very miserable person, but lets stay on the topic, shall we?
    Last edited by Magnos; 08-14-2011 at 10:34 PM.

aux

Get better healers tbh.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Get better healers tbh.
    Hey thanks That's a great idea
    Last edited by Magnos; 08-14-2011 at 10:47 PM.

This is just a problem in warfronts when the stormcaller is left alone for some time. It requires a bit of setup before you can pull anything near those numbers. Any hard hitting player that is left alone will wreak havoc. Same as when 1.3 came and people still played against warriors as if they were tanks and ignored them. They would then proceed to kill in a very fast pace, still being unchallenged.

Besides, it has 2sec cast time so I find popping stoneshield works fine. If he tries again you always have that wind spear, or if you have a bit of void knight you can remove the debuff and you wont even notice when you are hit. It's not instant, so there are lots of things you can do. I have 1026 valor, and the hardest hit I took from ligthning burst was 3k. Isn't so bad, that's what I hit zero-valors for with bladefury. I really don't see the problem with lightning burst.
    Leoncoeur <HALT HAMMERZEIT>, R7 Warrior → 1026 Valor → Whitefall[PvP] Defiant

Prophet of Telara

Magnos, I would have hoped that as a solidish pvper you would be able to examine an ability and how it operates instead of just coming to the boards and crying.

For damage like this to happen the mage must build 3 stacks of electrify which relies on either a channeled ability to be applied for 3 seconds, followed by ice shear, followed by the 2 second cast time with lightning burst. It then removes the stacks of electrified which reduces the damage of all the stormcaller abilities by over 30%.

During this time period you can cure yourself, cc the mage, LoS the mage, etc. This is really just crying, no offense.
    Last edited by Seether; 08-14-2011 at 10:52 PM.

okay, if the 500 titan strike wasn't me, this one HAD to be me.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Magnos, I would have hoped that as a solidish pvper you would be able to examine an ability and how it operates instead of just coming to the boards and crying.

For damage like this to happen the mage must build 3 stacks of electrify which relies on either a channeled ability to be applied for 3 seconds, followed by ice shear, followed by the 2 second cast time with lightning burst. It then removes the stacks of electrified which reduces the damage of all the stormcaller abilities by over 30%.

During this time period you can cure yourself, cc the mage, LoS the mage, etc. This is really just crying, no offense.

In a whitefall steps escalation match, black garden, port scion bridge fight, etc. do you expect me to be able to pay attention to all of the buffs and debuffs that are being thrown on to me while I'm fighting in a group of 15+ players trying to burn down a marked healer? Just standing near the marked target you usually have a list of buffs and debuffs from all the random casts and aoe going on that form an entire line

If I HAPPEN to be running VK (which is the only build warriors have that can cleanse, and it removes 3 curses only on a 15 sec cd) and HAPPEN to be aware of the stacks building up on me while I'm trying to subdue the warrior burning me down while also killing the healer that's running a zig-zag pattern away from me, then maybe Spellbreaker will be kind enough to remove those specific buffs, although usually I hope it removes the dominator buffs that are keeping me from doing anything at all.

Just a question Seether, do you have a warrior? Do you find yourself often trying to focus the groups target in melee range and dealing with the players protecting them in melee while also getting ranged down by rogues and casters of all types, all of which are applying a myriad of debuffs to you?

Do you also have any idea how hard it is to LOS in those situations? When your snared and stunned and being targeted at the center of a fight without a way to escape without dragging your enemies with you, the guys that will be keeping you snared and be knocking you around?

Do you also understand that by the time a warrior reaches a caster in the middle of a group fight, he usually already has his stun DR? If he doesn't, fine, I get a stun. Then he casts again, ok, I get an interrupt, now I'm out of CC. If hes not immune to my fear I'll try that next, but as any warrior can tell you, that move rarely activates fast enough to actually interrupt a 2 second cast unless it's done almost immediately after the cast is started

This is not a ltp issue, it is not crying (well ok, I do admit it got a sad face out of me in the warfront I was in) If I was alone with the mage, yes, I could deal with him, but warfronts and most open world pvp isn't about 1v1 fights is it, and it's never a 1v1 fight for a warrior. Maybe you should try learning about how a warrior plays, and what abilities we have available to us so you can actually give decent advice on how to deal with an attack that takes away 3/4 of your life.

No offense taken.
    Last edited by Magnos; 08-14-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    okay, if the 500 titan strike wasn't me, this one HAD to be me.
    No it wasn't you, it was some guy called thepwnzor or something like that, which made it even more humiliating. Cause I got Pwnzord
    Last edited by Magnos; 08-14-2011 at 11:18 PM.

Shadowlander

My mage got hit by a ciritcal lightning burst the other day, did 6.2k damage.

My mage doesn't even have that much HP...

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...-14_160835.jpg

Arctic Blast Critically hit's Vidox for 3556 water damage. (1793 overkill)

No Storm shackle...I wasn't even attacked before it hit me (Hence me scrolling up on the combat log)
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-14-2011 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Rift Disciple

This is a squishy 1 trick pony spec that very few mages run. You may as well be crying about 51 assassin ganks.

Honestly I can't understand a warrior crying about this spec as you are a 100% counter. if you get on this mage he will be dead in 2 gcds and unable to get any of the necessary debuffs on you, let alone do the actual nuke.

My advice to you is get decent at spotting this spec, and single it out. Even 1 person in the warfront doing so makes the stormcaller useless. They will not survive your assault. Enjoy the free kill!
    Last edited by Electros; 08-14-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electros View Post
    This is a squishy 1 trick pony spec that very few mages run. You may as well be crying about 51 assassin ganks.

Honestly I can't understand a warrior crying about this spec as you are a 100% counter. if you get on this mage he will be dead in 2 gcds and unable to get any of the necessary debuffs on you, let alone do the actual nuke.

My advice to you is get decent at spotting this spec, and single it out. Even 1 person in the warfront doing so makes the stormcaller useless. They will not survive your assault.
    ....this date...fraps a video of a warrior 2 GCDing you, or you know what, find one post patch. Please.

I'll pay you money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...-14_160835.jpg

Arctic Blast Critically hit's Vidox for 3556 water damage. (1793 overkill)

No Storm shackle...I wasn't even attacked before it hit me (Hence me scrolling up on the combat log)
    Yeah I've been hit by one of those from out of the blue, did about 2800 to me. A lot of players are starting to notice this, I think the new R8 Gear as well as the new synergy crystals is bringing SP a bit out of control.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast