+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PVP Disaster

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default PVP Disaster

    Been away from the game for awhile because traveling. Played a few warfronts on my laptop a few minutes ago. Rift PVP is the worst since the game was launched and in the industry due to the following:

    1) Mages are alreadly a joke to play. It is similiar to building blocks in pre-school. The problem is dominators are still overpowered and stormcallers have to much AOE damage. AOE in pvp is and always will be the domain of scrubs and poor game design. Rift appears to have moved this to the forefront.

    2) Hybrid classes (clerics and chloro) can do way to much dps considering the heals. Chloro currently hit for more then warriors and can heal. Plus the class has to tons of CC. Poor game design.

    3) Warrior damage nerf was absurd. Due to the fact mages, rogues, and clerics have ranged damage by the time the warrior gets in melee range they have been tea bagged. Then the warrior hits for less damage then the ranged classes. This is classic poor game design and the fact it exists in this game means the developers have no clue. In all the warfronts tonight warriors were middle to last in damage on the charts. This is behind clerics and mages who also healed.

    More importantly, everyone in my guild and pvp group says "PVP is stupid and not worth the time anymore". NO ONE IS HAVING FUN. Does Trion assume everyone is blind. A warrior who has to wade through tons of AOE and ranged damge to hit a mage for low 100s while getting hit for 1,000s is so stupid it is hard to translate by post but it is the norm in this game.

    Trion.... The purpose of PVP and this game is to have fun. Playing a gimped and broken class for no apparent reason does not make sense. Warriors cannot heal. Warriors cannot offer support. All they can do is melee damage. The damage nerf would only be reasonable if warriors could heal and do damage at ranged but this is not the case.

    Warrios para/champs were on par with different specs from every other class in the game. Nerfing something for no reason is absurd.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Been away from the game for awhile because traveling. Played a few warfronts on my laptop a few minutes ago. Rift PVP is the worst since the game was launched and in the industry due to the following:

    1) Mages are alreadly a joke to play. It is similiar to building blocks in pre-school. The problem is dominators are still overpowered and stormcallers have to much AOE damage. AOE in pvp is and always will be the domain of scrubs and poor game design. Rift appears to have moved this to the forefront.

    2) Hybrid classes (clerics and chloro) can do way to much dps considering the heals. Chloro currently hit for more then warriors and can heal. Plus the class has to tons of CC. Poor game design.

    3) Warrior damage nerf was absurd. Due to the fact mages, rogues, and clerics have ranged damage by the time the warrior gets in melee range they have been tea bagged. Then the warrior hits for less damage then the ranged classes. This is classic poor game design and the fact it exists in this game means the developers have no clue. In all the warfronts tonight warriors were middle to last in damage on the charts. This is behind clerics and mages who also healed.

    More importantly, everyone in my guild and pvp group says "PVP is stupid and not worth the time anymore". NO ONE IS HAVING FUN. Does Trion assume everyone is blind. A warrior who has to wade through tons of AOE and ranged damge to hit a mage for low 100s while getting hit for 1,000s is so stupid it is hard to translate by post but it is the norm in this game.

    Trion.... The purpose of PVP and this game is to have fun. Playing a gimped and broken class for no apparent reason does not make sense. Warriors cannot heal. Warriors cannot offer support. All they can do is melee damage. The damage nerf would only be reasonable if warriors could heal and do damage at ranged but this is not the case.

    Warrios para/champs were on par with different specs from every other class in the game. Nerfing something for no reason is absurd.

    LOL..another warrior...you know I have now made a toon for each class on Guards and Definants (8 total), though I got sick of being a mage and dying to rogues and warriors, so I made a cleric and he is closest to my main, now they castrated them...( imagine that)...just so I can catch the flavor of the month...WoW taught me not to put "all my eggs in one basket" so to speak...might be worth a try...

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    468

    Default

    I would say warriors do on average 20% too much damage in pvp right now and have waaaaaay too much passive and active mitigation.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post

    1) Mages are alreadly a joke to play. It is similiar to building blocks in pre-school. The problem is dominators are still overpowered and stormcallers have to much AOE damage. AOE in pvp is and always will be the domain of scrubs and poor game design. Rift appears to have moved this to the forefront.
    You lost me when you called mages scrubs.

    Warriors are meant to be meat shields are they not? Do ANY warriors that go into warfields even act like they're part of a group and the tank, or are they just trying to top the parse?

    When people start to enter warfronts as a team I think there will be less to cry about.
    Last edited by Charlice; 08-14-2011 at 06:01 PM.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  5. #5
    Telaran Maldach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    You lost me when you called mages scrubs.

    Warriors are meant to be meat shields are they not? Do ANY warriors that go into warfields even act like they're part of a group and the tank, or are they just trying to top the parse?

    When people start to enter warfronts as a team I think there will be less to cry about.

    This is a terribly flawed argument. In order for Warriors to play the tank role, they would need major healing. You won't get that when no one will commit to being in range to heal you, as they all sit at the fringe trying to do damage and not take damage. Subdue is good stuff, but takes coordination. You won't get that in a pug.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Cromagis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    I would say warriors do on average 20% too much damage in pvp right now and have waaaaaay too much passive and active mitigation.
    lol. I see what you did there. You troll, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

    Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldach View Post
    This is a terribly flawed argument. In order for Warriors to play the tank role, they would need major healing. You won't get that when no one will commit to being in range to heal you, as they all sit at the fringe trying to do damage and not take damage. Subdue is good stuff, but takes coordination. You won't get that in a pug.
    No you won't. Not with that attitude.

    I played EQ2. Logged in, did the battleground dailies. Logged out.

    Not once was it not played as a team. That includes all maps. 6, 12, 18 and 24 ppl.

    As for the rest of the argument seriously whatever. Warriors complain about mages, mages complain about warriors, everyone complains about healers.

    Stop damn well complaining and learn tactics or/and teamwork to kill them. The whining is sickening.
    If people can't play a team based game like warfronts as a team they should stick to console games.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  8. #8
    Telaran Maldach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    No you won't. Not with that attitude.

    I played EQ2. Logged in, did the battleground dailies. Logged out.

    Not once was it not played as a team. That includes all maps. 6, 12, 18 and 24 ppl.

    As for the rest of the argument seriously whatever. Warriors complain about mages, mages complain about warriors, everyone complains about healers.

    Stop damn well complaining and learn tactics or/and teamwork to kill them. The whining is sickening.
    If people can't play a team based game like warfronts as a team they should stick to console games.
    Now you're not even conversing, you're just ranting.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Agreed with OP.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Pvp rift ruining the game

    Though PvP rifts were a great idea to make the world pvp more fun however the simple fact is its being exploited by both sides and now no one does regular raids or invasions, the pvp warfront is never a even battle, people are farming pvp rifts instead of pvping, and it frankly has made the game annoying for me and a lot of others. The people who argue this are those who are probably abusing the system.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,388

    Default

    Summary: A nerfed warrior is upset, join the club....along with the nerfed mages and clerics.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Chloro currently hit for more then warriors and can heal.
    I certainly hope so!

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Warriors still do pretty good damage, the good ones anyway.

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara kissmybuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On Top
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    AOE in pvp is and always will be the domain of scrubs and poor game design.
    Scrubs don't play classes that have little to no chance of winning a 1 vs 1, and who are easy kills once identified.

    I love the challenge of playing a true AOE soul (SC). I get top deaths in most warfronts ... but if I manage to get an opportunity to unload on the enemy unchecked, I can affect the outcome of the entire match.

    It's not for the faint of heart ... most players can't handle dying as fast as I do. Only those who can handle dying repeatedly for the possibility of 30 seconds of AOE glory need apply.
    Last edited by kissmybuns; 08-14-2011 at 08:06 PM.

    <Amazonia> Leader - Sunrest Server
    It's only a game ... until you get a piece of Asph.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    if ur a prep or a pozr den *** off 2 koz ur gay!!!! DISLIKES: homphobez

    Yes, Rift PVP is akin to Immortal Beloved. The face melting horror that ensues when reading this garbage is the same as playing a warfront in rift.

    The horror.....

    Also, when did XXXbloodyrists666XXX join the dev team? I quote: "Sudwenly I saw Morty Mcfly’s blak tim machine!111 I jumped seductivly in2 it..." The essence of Rift PVP.
    Last edited by Majorin; 08-14-2011 at 08:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts