+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are WF becoming too onesided?

Shadowlander

Default Are WF becoming too onesided?

So, I've played a decent amount this weekend, trying to get my rogue up. I've noticed something, as least on the cluster I'm on (briarcliff, etc). I've had exactly 2 games all weekend in Whitefall that weren't blowouts on either side (most of them being guardians blowing out the defiants). The 2 games that were close, there was a ton of action, lots of coordinating, stealing the stones, etc. It was actually a lot of fun. Both sides were getting tons of kills (very even) and in the end, it was what I thought the concept that Trion had for how WF should go.

Most of them though, one side blows up the other side, then farms then til they can get the rest of the stones. Its really not fun for either side, especially the losing side with 2-5 kills most likely and the 500 extra favor they get at the end.

I guess I'm just wondering how other people's weekends have gone. I'm sure the premades are mostly one sided, but how about if its a true pug vs. pug. Are they still so one sided that one side is destroyed and farmed?

None of the actual pug vs pug matches have been a blowout for me, they've been close, lots of fighting and lots of kills for both teams. Trion really just needs to set it back to the way they had it where premades were being matched with premades, and make the queues random somehow to keep them from just syncing their solo queues even if it is longer wait times for them. Or completely seperate the pug and premade queues and make the premades open to more servers to cut down their wait times.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bayon View Post
    So, I've played a decent amount this weekend, trying to get my rogue up. I've noticed something, as least on the cluster I'm on (briarcliff, etc). I've had exactly 2 games all weekend in Whitefall that weren't blowouts on either side (most of them being guardians blowing out the defiants). The 2 games that were close, there was a ton of action, lots of coordinating, stealing the stones, etc. It was actually a lot of fun. Both sides were getting tons of kills (very even) and in the end, it was what I thought the concept that Trion had for how WF should go.

Most of them though, one side blows up the other side, then farms then til they can get the rest of the stones. Its really not fun for either side, especially the losing side with 2-5 kills most likely and the 500 extra favor they get at the end.

I guess I'm just wondering how other people's weekends have gone. I'm sure the premades are mostly one sided, but how about if its a true pug vs. pug. Are they still so one sided that one side is destroyed and farmed?
    Same battle group cluster here. And that's generally been my experience. Although pug vs pug we still lose (defiant side) a lot because if we have 7 clerics on our team, 5 of them are dps.

Sooner or later people will learn that we lose for lack of heals. I hope it's sooner than later.... but that's for a completely different thread.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-14-2011 at 03:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread