+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I feel like a Gnat

Soulwalker

Default I feel like a Gnat

First of all, yeah I am QQ. That being said.

Rogue, I'm rank 5 with every possible item I can buy from being that rank.

Now a question, what the damn hell do I do to kill a healer cleric?
    I just feel like an annoying little pest, a gnat hitting away at them until their friends show up.

Now I'm open to any suggestions, get better rank/gear etc, maybe I'm using the wrong souls?
    I dunno, but help me with advice in regards to fighting a cleric please.

Yes I'm rage, yes I typed this just after being in a warfront with a couple clerics that seemed invincible.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Raedwulf View Post

I just feel like an annoying little pest, a gnat hitting away at them until their friends show up.

Now I'm open to any suggestions, get better rank/gear etc, maybe I'm using the wrong souls?

Yes I'm rage, yes I typed this just after being in a warfront with a couple clerics that seemed invincible.
    Here's what you do:

Don't try to 1v1 a healer. You're not supposed to be able to 1v1 a healer.

If you can 1v1 a healer, how can that healer keep other people alive with their heals being that horrible?

Yes they don't die 1v1, but they're not going to nuke your face of with waterjet are they?

If you want to kill healers, get coordination from one or two other players. I do it all the time with people.
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-14-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    Here's what you do:

Don't try to 1v1 a healer. You're not supposed to be able to 1v1 a healer.

If you can 1v1 a healer, how can that healer keep other people alive with their heals being that horrible?

Yes they don't die 1v1, but they're not going to nuke your face of with waterjet are they?

If you want to kill healers, get coordination from one or two other players. I do it all the time with people.
    Or roll a dom

Healers aren't meant to fall to single dps-ers. How else can they fill their role if one dps can take them down ?

...or you can play a dom and defy the rules of pvp.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Healers aren't meant to fall to single dps-ers. How else can they fill their role if one dps can take them down ?

Oh well, I thought as a rogue I could assassinate the other teams support players.

I will think of my roll differently in future then. What is my roll as a sneaky rogue if not to assassinate support though?

Oh well, I thought as a rogue I could assassinate the other teams support players.

I will think of my roll differently in future then. What is my roll as a sneaky rogue if not to assassinate support though?
    Not sure, really. Trion doesn't seem to want dps rogues in wfs unless they are spamming eradicate.

A tip from an expert cleric killer.

Get Fell Blades from Nightblade tree or Anathema from pvp soul. Only way to take them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post

Get Fell Blades from Nightblade tree or Anathema from pvp soul. Only way to take them down.
    Those are to help but even so, he can't solo a healer.

Shadowlander

healers arent meant to fall to single target mages or rogues*******

fixed

Prophet of Telara

Playing assassin in WFs is your first mistake. Stealther is OP as **** for open world solo PvP. So naturally most rogue players expect it to just pwn regardless of the context.

MM is what you want for the group play. No, not the eradicate spam. Actual MM.
    Make yourself an assist macro. Tune it to a well geared warrior at the beginning of each WF. Collect kills like mad. Profit.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by Alarox View Post
    More like 5+. Earlier I was one of 5 people trying to take down a lone healer in Codex, I was Eradicating trying to CC and DPS, it was able to make it back to a few friends who then proceeded to destroy all of us. Of course they were likely higher ranked, but that's a separate problem all together.

I really don't understand why Trion will not split ranks. An R8 vs an R1 is like a level 50 vs 30. I'd wait a couple extra minutes for a match if it meant I might have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by v0gal View Post

I really don't understand why Trion will not split ranks. An R8 vs an R1 is like a level 50 vs 30. I'd wait a couple extra minutes for a match if it meant I might have fun.
    For the 5th time. They can't do that because the high ranked players will have epic queues, given that it's not really that many of them, and they will QQ about it.
    Last edited by Chomag; 08-14-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post

Good clerics will just cleanse those though the instant they see them.

For the 5th time. They can't do that because the high ranked players will have epic queues, given that it's not really that many of them, and they will QQ about it.
    Not lately. With the PVP rift exploits and no-lifers, I've seen quite a few high ranked players. Anyway, That's yet another problem that needs addressing. When someone gets to R8 why would they want to do warfronts anymore anyway? If Trion want's to keep those players around, perhaps they should look in to adding some other organized PVP system. One who's sole purpose is not to gain prestige/favor like Warfronts, Open World objective PVP, Arena's, etc.

Plane Touched

I'm not 'too' familiar with how Assassins work, but can you stun the healer? I play a healer exclusively in PvP and often the best way for Rogues to take me out is stealth up behind my team, stun me, and while I am stunned my team (or at least a few of them) goes down.

They just bought precious time for their team where I cannot save my own.

But, sometimes I get destroyed by stealthed Rogues too (could be Assassin, could be Nightblade, could be any combination of souls). The bleeds pile up and I'm caught unprepared or just can't heal through them (gear differences, but usually being unprepared does it).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast