+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Markmen jumping around doing more damage than a mage with no cast times.

Rift Disciple

Default Markmen jumping around doing more damage than a mage with no cast times.

How it that fair again?
    That markmen can jump around with no cast times doing much more damage than a mage can do?

Quote Originally Posted by KataSteel View Post
    How it that fair again?
    That markmen can jump around with no cast times doing much more damage than a mage can do?
    It's once every 2 minutes for 15 secons, 30 seconds max with quick reload. What happens when he's waiting for that cool down? He has to cast shots like Mages have to cast spells.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    It's once every 2 minutes for 15 secons, 30 seconds max with quick reload. What happens when he's waiting for that cool down? He has to cast shots like Mages have to cast spells.

- Vybz
    Ok i'l take a quick win every 30 seconds thanks.

Soulwalker

really.... you post that just to QQ... seriously. Just adapt and learn how to kill them.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fallengrace View Post
    really.... you post that just to QQ... seriously. Just adapt and learn how to kill them.
    Look a Marksmen!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KataSteel View Post
    Look a Marksmen!
    Look a moron. I actually Bard and play a RB/Champ in PvP.

Level to 50 and get valor.

I melted faces with my MM in the 40s bracket too and thought how extremely op that was.

Once there is valor involved, things change drastically.
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-14-2011 at 12:38 PM.

When the Mage parries your Imp H&H DS... you cry a little on the inside.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

As a mage, you can do the same thing for 30 sec every 2 min.

Use split personality, then jump around and wait. Even better, hide behind a tree or a rock.

If you want to make the other guy destroy his keyboard, you can also take neddra's essence and detaunt and /dance while your shades kill him.

Only works against ******s though. A good player will simply kill the shades one by one and heal himself with bloodthirst, dispel SP or cc them.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

I would like to see clerics get a "nearsight" spell somewhere in sentinel or warden which for the duration makes them attack from say, 5 meters and in. As it stands, there really is no counter and that one would be fair and balanced.
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 08-14-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Rift Chaser

At release there was a marksman on my shard who bunny-hopped every... single... chance... he got. He must've broken his spacebar and consequently quit the game and threw his PC out the window cause he hasn't been seen in months.

I agree, though. If you can kill players with your amount of time spent in the air 50% or greater, then, yeah, the class should probably be reworked.

Rift Disciple

Last I checked rogues weren't casters >_>
    And not to mention marksmen DPS is severely nerfed when on the move (up to 30%).
    Most of the high dmg abil's have a cast time and aren't instant without a CD. - when that CD is down, you aren't killing nothin' (solo).
    Marksmen does crap (burst) dmg in pvp mostly because they have to keep moving.
    The only reason you see lots of numbers on score board for Marksmen is Fan out spam.
    If you are a mage and want to kill a marksmen, DoTs are your best friend and they are usually instant cast :P
    Last edited by Nayobe; 08-14-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayobe View Post
    Last I checked rogues weren't casters >_>
    And not to mention marksmen DPS is severely nerfed when on the move (up to 30%).
    Most of the high dmg abil's have a cast time and aren't instant without a CD. - when that CD is down, you aren't killing nothin' (solo).
    Marksmen does crap (burst) dmg in pvp mostly because they have to keep moving.
    The only reason you see lots of numbers on score board for Marksmen is Fan out spam.
    If you are a mage and want to kill a marksmen, DoTs are your best friend and they are usually instant cast :P
    No, just no.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Level to 50 and get valor.

I melted faces with my MM in the 40s bracket too and thought how extremely op that was.

Once there is valor involved, things change drastically.
    nothing like hitting improved hit and run, quick reload, improved hit and run and still having them at above 80% health, then what? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

I am a MM and i play this song while i jump around doing more damage then a mage with no cast times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kYZNmFvUTE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast