+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Markmen jumping around doing more damage than a mage with no cast times.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    153

    Default Markmen jumping around doing more damage than a mage with no cast times.

    How it that fair again?
    That markmen can jump around with no cast times doing much more damage than a mage can do?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KataSteel View Post
    How it that fair again?
    That markmen can jump around with no cast times doing much more damage than a mage can do?
    It's once every 2 minutes for 15 secons, 30 seconds max with quick reload. What happens when he's waiting for that cool down? He has to cast shots like Mages have to cast spells.

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    It's once every 2 minutes for 15 secons, 30 seconds max with quick reload. What happens when he's waiting for that cool down? He has to cast shots like Mages have to cast spells.

    - Vybz
    Ok i'l take a quick win every 30 seconds thanks.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    really.... you post that just to QQ... seriously. Just adapt and learn how to kill them.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallengrace View Post
    really.... you post that just to QQ... seriously. Just adapt and learn how to kill them.
    Look a Marksmen!

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KataSteel View Post
    Look a Marksmen!
    Look a moron. I actually Bard and play a RB/Champ in PvP.

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Elerina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Level to 50 and get valor.

    I melted faces with my MM in the 40s bracket too and thought how extremely op that was.

    Once there is valor involved, things change drastically.
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-14-2011 at 12:38 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    When the Mage parries your Imp H&H DS... you cry a little on the inside.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  9. #9
    Champion Deathwhisperzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    597

    Default

    As a mage, you can do the same thing for 30 sec every 2 min.

    Use split personality, then jump around and wait. Even better, hide behind a tree or a rock.

    If you want to make the other guy destroy his keyboard, you can also take neddra's essence and detaunt and /dance while your shades kill him.

    Only works against ******s though. A good player will simply kill the shades one by one and heal himself with bloodthirst, dispel SP or cc them.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    I would like to see clerics get a "nearsight" spell somewhere in sentinel or warden which for the duration makes them attack from say, 5 meters and in. As it stands, there really is no counter and that one would be fair and balanced.
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 08-14-2011 at 03:29 PM.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    330

    Default

    At release there was a marksman on my shard who bunny-hopped every... single... chance... he got. He must've broken his spacebar and consequently quit the game and threw his PC out the window cause he hasn't been seen in months.

    I agree, though. If you can kill players with your amount of time spent in the air 50% or greater, then, yeah, the class should probably be reworked.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Last I checked rogues weren't casters >_>
    And not to mention marksmen DPS is severely nerfed when on the move (up to 30%).
    Most of the high dmg abil's have a cast time and aren't instant without a CD. - when that CD is down, you aren't killing nothin' (solo).
    Marksmen does crap (burst) dmg in pvp mostly because they have to keep moving.
    The only reason you see lots of numbers on score board for Marksmen is Fan out spam.
    If you are a mage and want to kill a marksmen, DoTs are your best friend and they are usually instant cast :P
    Last edited by Nayobe; 08-14-2011 at 09:54 PM.

  13. #13
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayobe View Post
    Last I checked rogues weren't casters >_>
    And not to mention marksmen DPS is severely nerfed when on the move (up to 30%).
    Most of the high dmg abil's have a cast time and aren't instant without a CD. - when that CD is down, you aren't killing nothin' (solo).
    Marksmen does crap (burst) dmg in pvp mostly because they have to keep moving.
    The only reason you see lots of numbers on score board for Marksmen is Fan out spam.
    If you are a mage and want to kill a marksmen, DoTs are your best friend and they are usually instant cast :P
    No, just no.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Level to 50 and get valor.

    I melted faces with my MM in the 40s bracket too and thought how extremely op that was.

    Once there is valor involved, things change drastically.
    nothing like hitting improved hit and run, quick reload, improved hit and run and still having them at above 80% health, then what? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  15. #15
    Banned Bunzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    I am a MM and i play this song while i jump around doing more damage then a mage with no cast times.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kYZNmFvUTE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts