+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Warfronts without the proper makeup.

Soulwalker

Default Warfronts without the proper makeup.

After the past Bonus weekend and the current one now. I have seen a multitude of clerics rolling cab or some other useless dps spec when they are supposed to be healing. I understand there is a choice. So how do we combat the low population of healers vs dps?

Class Specific Ques for WF, just like they have for Dungeons..... except you can only que for one role. So you have balanced teams fighting each other not 1 healer on Guardian and 4 on Defiant side.

Which yes will probably make the dps wait longer but if you wanted instant ques should of rolled a Tank/Healer.... (And you still can)

Er, I'm a guy... I don't wear any makeup.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I usually roll cab for whitefall weekend but if I notice theirs a lack of healers I switch to heals. Forcing someone to select a specific roll for pvp is stupid. Use your head, and if your teammates are too stupid to realize that they may need to change roles to better the group then you would probably lose even if they did switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkiish View Post
    After the past Bonus weekend and the current one now. I have seen a multitude of clerics rolling cab or some other useless dps spec when they are supposed to be healing. I understand there is a choice. So how do we combat the low population of healers vs dps?

Class Specific Ques for WF, just like they have for Dungeons..... except you can only que for one role. So you have balanced teams fighting each other not 1 healer on Guardian and 4 on Defiant side.

Which yes will probably make the dps wait longer but if you wanted instant ques should of rolled a Tank/Healer.... (And you still can)
    *snickers*

Hmm my "useless" dps cabbie gets top in damage AND kbs at the moment so I guess we are contributing far more than you are.

Guess all those "special snowflake" dps should have thought for a minute before whining for our heals to be nerfed into the ground.

No, I'm not healing PUG's any more

Welcome to 1.4

Enjoy ^.^
    Last edited by Liandral; 08-14-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

Bard and chloro can heal as well... Stop expecting clerics to carry heals because that's how YOU think it should be.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    *snickers*

Hmm my "useless" dps cabbie gets top in damage AND kbs at the moment so I guess we are contributing far more than you are.

Guess all those "special snowflake" dps should have thought for a minute before whining for our heals to be nerfed into the ground.

No, I'm not healing PUG's any more

Welcome to 1.4

Enjoy ^.^
    Then you are exactly the problem. Which Trion needs to nerf the living hell out of clerics dmg which shouldn't ever touch a mage/rogue/warriors dmg in a WF. You don't like healing? Touch **** you picked a cleric.....

Then you are exactly the problem. Which Trion needs to nerf the living hell out of clerics dmg which shouldn't ever touch a mage/rogue/warriors dmg in a WF. You don't like healing? Touch **** you picked a cleric.....
    I dont have a problem - seems you do though..

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe this kind of arrogance and self-entitlement, along with abuse to those that selflessly healed your tush made the clerics quit healing your "specialness" in droves when 1.4 hit?

Oh and by the way, bards and mages heal - whine at them
    And this is Rift - where classes break out of the old stereotypes and clerics dont have to heal you.

Last edited by Liandral; 08-14-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    I dont have a problem - seems you do though..

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe this kind of arrogance and self-entitlement, along with abuse to those that selflessly healed your tush made the clerics quit healing your "specialness" in droves when 1.4 hit?

Oh and by the way, bards and mages heal - whine at them
    And this is Rift - where classes break out of the old stereotypes and clerics dont have to heal you.

THe OP is just mad that you can HEAL and DPS while he can only dps. You must understand this...
    If he sees a lack of healers he can't start healing.
    If you see a lack of dps or healers you can start dpsing or healing.
    To be honest I understand what he means.
    Last edited by joker225; 08-14-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    THe OP is just mad that you can HEAL and DPS while he can only dps. You must understand this...
    If he sees a lack of healers he can't start healing.
    If you see a lack of dps or healers you can start dpsing or healing.
    To be honest I understand what he means.
    Oh baloney

I have 2 warriors and 2 rogues as well and I dont carry on whining like this - I get on with it and *gasp* let others chose for themselves what role they wish to play - these are PUG's remember?

If there are no healers I pot and alter my play style for the match

If OP or yourself want heals - then roll on yourself.

Honestly, some people.......
    Last edited by Liandral; 08-14-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Art thou wroth, brother?

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Plane Touched

The thing is no one should have to play a role they don't want to play. If someone solo queued to be DPS they should DPS.

The problem is that PvP is so completely out of balance in this game and the side with the most heals almost always wins. If you are going to have completely random teams then every role needs to be equally effective in a match.

I'm thinking there needs to be an instruction course on clerics for dumb people.

Here ill give give you a hand and start it, Clerics have
    3 healing souls
    2 ranged dps souls
    2 physical dps souls
    1 tanking soul

Now where did you get it in your head that clerics are only healers? silly boy

Quote Originally Posted by Kenr View Post
    The thing is no one should have to play a role they don't want to play. If someone solo queued to be DPS they should DPS.

The problem is that PvP is so completely out of balance in this game and the side with the most heals almost always wins. If you are going to have completely random teams then every role needs to be equally effective in a match.
    Right there. Given a choice, I'd like to see a good mix of heals (and a couple of green names with crosses by them) in the que prior to the start of a match - but I firmly belive it's your subscription; play how you want.

If there aren't any cleric heals, we may not do so good as a team - but in 5 minutes another que will pop after we get steamrolled, and I'll have another chance, so no big deal, really.

I quit healing because I can't keep any of you dumb**** PVEr glass cannons alive with a 3 sec cast time, tbh, not because they nerfed healing or buffed our dps.

Which is actually a joke because my cab specs dps went DOWN in warfronts, not up. It was only Sign of Asias which was a problem, and that got fixed. QQ moar

P.S. I will especially not heal any of the ******s like the OP of this thread who think it's okay to threaten or whine at anyone for not healing. I've even seen them getting their other rogue and warrior buddies to report people AFK in order to bully them into Healing. So no, **** you, enjoy your grey death screen and inevitable acquisition of gear by losing, and have a nice day.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Hahaha, omg..

That said, I heal in WFs when on my Cleric when it's needed. What makes it not so fun though is the fact that I get focused down really fast, and then the same people that did nothing to help when I had 2 warriors and a rogue on me, screams and *****es about how the healing "sucks".. joy..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast