+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Warfronts without the proper makeup.

Be careful what you wish for. You wanted less healing in WFs and you got it. Working as intended.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrileigh View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. You wanted less healing in WFs and you got it. Working as intended.
    But also less damage in WFs, so I don't see how balance was achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    But also less damage in WFs, so I don't see how balance was achieved.
    Healing nerfs don't bring balance, they just cause more GY time for everyone. DPS wanted to take down healers 1v1 while at the same time have healers heal them. Sorry doesn't work that way. So more GY time for everyone.

Plane Touched

Healing nerfs don't bring balance, they just cause more GY time for everyone.
    TBH they simply weren't nerfed enough. I know the healers aren't going to want to hear that but it's the truth. As it is right now the side with the most heals wins. That's not balanced. That's healers > any other role in the WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenr View Post
    TBH they simply weren't nerfed enough. I know the healers aren't going to want to hear that but it's the truth. As it is right now the side with the most heals wins. That's not balanced. That's healers > any other role in the WF.
    Both sides are allowed healers. So it's not really healing but team makeups. The truth in BGs/WFs is "Kills get the glory, Heals win the war."
    Last edited by Cherrileigh; 08-14-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    Bard and chloro can heal as well... Stop expecting clerics to carry heals because that's how YOU think it should be.
    I play a mage and i simply refuese to go chloro in a wf to heal 3-6 dps clerics.

Plane Touched

Both sides are allowed healers. So it's not really healing but team makeups. The truth in BGs/WFs is "Kills get the glory, Heals win the war."
    The problem can be addressed a couple of different ways.

1 - Balance all the roles so team makeup doesn't matter
    2 - Balance the teams so both sides have the same number of each role

The problem can be addressed a couple of different ways.

1 - Balance all the roles so team makeup doesn't matter
    2 - Balance the teams so both sides have the same number of each role
    Sure give every class an equal healing tree.
    Sure if 10-12 Dps are happy with queue times, waiting for 3-5 healers to queue up per game.
    Last edited by Cherrileigh; 08-14-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Turkiish View Post
    useless rabble .... when they are supposed to be healing .... useless rabble
    I don't know what game you're playing, but this is Rift. Here, there are three, count em, three out of four classes capable of healing.

If you want to force clerics to heal, go play everquest. In this game, clerics are just as (actually more so) capable of putting out competitive dps as anyone else right now.

It's funny how the people who cry the hardest for heal wouldn't dare think of doing it, themselves. If you want to guarantee you always have a healer, guess what you can do about it? MAKE A HEALER!!!!

No one else, and I do mean no one, is obligated in any way, shape, or form to bend to your misguided views of class dynamics. You're clearly living in some sort of fantasy. Snap out of it, man!

Plane Touched

Sure give every class an equal healing tree.
    Sure if 10-12 Dps are happy with queue times, waiting for 3-5 healers to queue up per game.
    Giving everyone an equal tree doesn't really help as people can choose whatever role they want leaving unmatched groups. Option 2 leads to long queue times and likely will just lead to people queueing heals and then switching to DPS.

That's why I say making all roles be of equal value. Everybody can queue as whatever they want and you get balanced fights (assuming equal gear, etc).

Giving everyone an equal tree doesn't really help as people can choose whatever role they want leaving unmatched groups. Option 2 leads to long queue times and likely will just lead to people queueing heals and then switching to DPS.

That's why I say making all roles be of equal value. Everybody can queue as whatever they want and you get balanced fights (assuming equal gear, etc).
    In pre-mades roles are pretty much equal value as you can set up your team to max the teams strengths and cover weaknesses. Pugs, well they are call pugs for a reason.

Plane Touched

In pre-mades roles are pretty much equal value as you can set up your team to max the teams strengths and cover weaknesses. Pugs, well they are call pugs for a reason.
    Just suggesting a way to make pugs better, but whatever......

most heals wins. That's healers > any other role in the WF.
    So what you are saying is that a team with no healers should be able to stand on equal footing with a team that has healers? Kay

If you want balanced match ups play in premades. There would be little to no point in healing if it didnt have a major effect on the outcome of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkiish View Post
    After the past Bonus weekend and the current one now. I have seen a multitude of clerics rolling cab or some other useless dps spec when they are supposed to be healing. I understand there is a choice. So how do we combat the low population of healers vs dps?

Class Specific Ques for WF, just like they have for Dungeons..... except you can only que for one role. So you have balanced teams fighting each other not 1 healer on Guardian and 4 on Defiant side.

Which yes will probably make the dps wait longer but if you wanted instant ques should of rolled a Tank/Healer.... (And you still can)
    I've read all the responses and I have a cleric and a warrior, so I see both sides.

The problem with your post as has been mentioned by a couple people is that Clerics are by no means the only healers in this game. Why the heck should they have to switch builds just because the name of their general class is "cleric" and that's what we're all used to from other games?

I switch to healing on my cleric when it's the best thing to do or when I feel like it. I like healing and I can contribute more at this point healing as opposed to dps, but that's my choice.

Nobody says "we have 8 mages and all of them are DPS!?!" - I see that statement frequently about clerics.

As a warrior, I have a play style for when I can count on heals and a play style for when I can't. My play style for when I can't is to move my pots to my "e" key and mentally prepare myself to die more frequently. You should do the same.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletroses View Post
    So what you are saying is that a team with no healers should be able to stand on equal footing with a team that has healers? Kay

If you want balanced match ups play in premades. There would be little to no point in healing if it didnt have a major effect on the outcome of a game.
    Yes, that is what I am saying.

There would be just as much reason to heal as there is to DPS.

I don't want to play in premades I want to play solo in pugs and have somewhat balanced fights so it isn't completely boring. I'm guessing about 90% of the PvP players would like the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast