+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shadowprison

Thread: Hit needs to be capped in PvP

Default Hit needs to be capped in PvP

The massive inflation of hit requirements for each progressive instance currently has the HK requirement sitting at 300. This inflation of hit for PvE has an adverse affect on PvP by scaling so insanely compared to passive dodge.

HK prepped rogues and warriors for example will completely bypass the average defensive cooldowns sidesteps (+50% dodge) and Bend like the Reed (+75% parry). This really shouldn't happen.

TL;DR cap hit at 20% (100 hit) while in PvP combat.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 08-14-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Been saying this about block in pvp for a while now.

Bump
    /10char

Hit reducing the dodge / parry / block chance in PvP is ridiculous. Some souls like bladedancer, paragon or paladin rely on these for their survival against another physical dps. Although no-one will be stupid enough to PvP in 300 hit gear, it's still possible to take the HK weapons + bows and get about 100 hit (which means -20% dodge) without losing any valor.

Trion should remove resist / miss chance in PvP, and make hit / focus useless in PvP.

Plane Touched

Yes, this is the next thing I hope Trion looks into.
    Last edited by kdps; 08-15-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Wtb pvp gear with + hit and valor on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Wtb pvp gear with + hit and valor on it?
    Doesn't fix the problem of entire cooldowns and even 20+pts in some trees being completely nullified by hit.
    I duelled a rogue a couple weeks ago after kitting my char out with hit gear so my guild could **** around in hammerknell to see how far off we are, I had 329 hit, and he dodge only 1 attack through an entire sidesteps cooldown. Disgusting tbh.

(Gear)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    The massive inflation of hit requirements for each progressive instance currently has the HK requirement sitting at 300. This inflation of hit for PvE has an adverse affect on PvP by scaling so insanely compared to passive dodge.

HK prepped rogues and warriors for example will completely bypass the average defensive cooldowns sidesteps (+50% dodge) and Bend like the Reed (+75% parry). This really shouldn't happen.

TL;DR cap hit at 20% (100 hit) while in PvP combat.
    I agree this is an issue, but I don't think it's as much of an issue as the fact that +hit effects PVP at all. In your case, the people bypassing sidesteps aren't wearing PVP gear..so while their DPS and healing might be fantastic, they don't have any valor, and are probably getting hit extremely hard. Please refer to my thread, any feedback is welcome:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-will-end.html

+ Reply to Thread