+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ururu

Thread: PvP Healing Gap Mage Vs Cleric

Default PvP Healing Gap Mage Vs Cleric

Its becoming clear now that Chloro/Lock has pulled ahead as the PvP healer not only dishing out impressive damage has also some really cool tools to decimates groups and keep self and team up.

Sooner or latter Trion needs/will take a good look at how well -too well- this combo performs in PvP.

Buffing healing Clerics I think is out of the question, so that leaves nurfing Lock/Chloro somehow..either healing or survivability.

Ascendant

you must play with truly terrible clerics if you have such an opinion. a good cleric is far better at keeping people up.

If you think that being number 1 on healing charts mean anything, they you really need to reconsider your play style. I can run in and spam AOE heals too, I just like having mana for more useful things like silences.

That and I can spread an 11% damage reduction to 10 people, which, last I checked, made more of a difference than the amount of aoe healing I can do.

I'm talking about survivability of the player. At the entire range of gear level I am seeing now Lock/Chloro being able to take a lot more punishment than Clerics -healing.

I played a full 51 puri in ws yesterday (experiment calm down).
    I had the lowest heal out of all the healers, but never died, and saved just about every DPS from sure death from my heals and shields alone.

Total heals mean nothing and the damage v heal ration as well as KB is on par with hybrid clerics (although i do think they have a much easier time getting KBs)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Its becoming clear now that Chloro/Lock has pulled ahead as the PvP healer not only dishing out impressive damage has also some really cool tools to decimates groups and keep self and team up.

Sooner or latter Trion needs/will take a good look at how well -too well- this combo performs in PvP.

Buffing healing Clerics I think is out of the question, so that leaves nurfing Lock/Chloro somehow..either healing or survivability.
    You are so completely wrong that I am not sure where to even begin.

I can single target heal circles around a chloro AND AE heal circles around a chloro ...all the while being able to keep myself alive at a comparable level.
    Irony - Pathiss

Its not about the numbers on the chart at the end of the match, being a DPS I can actually feel and see the difference Cleric healers go down faster now but Chloro/Locks are exactly the same.

The healing nurf dose not seem to have hurt lock/chloro as much and I think they should be brought in line with healing Clerics.

Healing Clerics need to invest into the PvP tree, chloro/locks do not -they might take 4-5 or 5 points if that. The rest goes into buffing abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenn View Post
    You are so completely wrong that I am not sure where to even begin.

I can single target heal circles around a chloro AND AE heal circles around a chloro ...all the while being able to keep myself alive at a comparable level.
    Maybe you can but I am sure the on the average healing Cleric is feeling the pain.

All I do is PvP, from day 1 till now, hours per day...all I'm saying is it used to take an army to bring down a healing cleric, now it takes me with one more DPS and thats it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Its not about the numbers on the chart at the end of the match, being a DPS I can actually feel and see the difference Cleric healers go down faster now but Chloro/Locks are exactly the same.

The healing nurf dose not seem to have hurt lock/chloro as much and I think they should be brought in line with healing Clerics.

Healing Clerics need to invest into the PvP tree, chloro/locks do not -they might take 4-5 or 5 points if that. The rest goes into buffing abilities.
    sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about. good chloro put 15 points in to archmage for 15% damage (also 15% heals), 10% crit, 30% crit damage, and instant spell if interrupted (double tap).

bad chloros go 51 into chloro and wonder why they are food for everyone. they ask their group for protection constantly.

it can be argued to only go 5 points into archmage. this lets you get wild growth & nature fury. personally I'd rather have crit & crit damage & double-tap.
    Last edited by ururu; 08-15-2011 at 07:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread