+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 176
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Trion, 1 button melee macros NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default Trion, 1 button melee macros NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE GAME.

    I'm sure as you're all aware just about every warrior/rogue in the game has basically a castrandom macro for combo point builders and finishers, they just run around spamming 1 button in warfronts and getting rank 8 with it.

    This crap is frankly ridiculous. Pvp should have some semblance of skill. While you have other issues with pvp such as the huge gear gap which should not exist between r1-r8 gear, you need to REMOVE this garbage.

    #show Power Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    petcast bite
    cast rising waterfall
    cast path of the wind
    cast slashing strike
    cast Power Strike
    cast frenzied strike
    cast flinching strike
    cast Turn the Blade
    cast inescapable fury

    Sorry for the WoW comparison again but macros like this DO NOT work in WoW and they should NOT work in Rift. If you tried a macro like this in WoW it wouldn't work. First ability would be attempted, nothing after would work.

    Its RIDICULOUS how melee are running around spamming 1 button. FIX THIS TRION. On my cleric and mage I have every ability bound, I have f, q, shift 1-5, v , shift v, r , shift r, etc, everything is bound and I use abilities according to the situation. Its frankly a slap in the face that some idiot can run around spamming a macro and playing their class successfully because of it.
    Last edited by velias; 08-13-2011 at 09:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Malleus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Have to agree completely. Many of the issues people are having with Paragon / Champs would not exist if TRION would simply remove the ability to Macro like this. PvP and PvE should be about skill, timing, and learning your character. Not about who can make the best Macro.
    Intel i5-650 (OCed to 3.61GHz) RAM: 8Gb Kingston VID: Nvidia GTX 460 DDR5 1G x2 (SLI) Win 7-64
    FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE VIGIL. FEAR LEADS TO ANGER. ANGER LEADS TO HATE.
    HATE LEADS TO THE GUARDIANS...

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Cardinals's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Can I ask you something? How many damaging abilities do you have that read "this ability is not affected by the global cooldown" in your rotation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    I deal with warriors by crying about them on the forums until Trion nerfs them

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Sun Tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    199

    Default

    id be fine with it
    --as long as you remove over half of the attacks altogether.
    what does it matter that someone uses 1 or 2 buttons if all the attacks are the same exact thing on different CDs?

    i don't like the idea of staring at my action bars for an whole fight
    the reason you can hot key all your stuff is because they are almost always up
    because they are casts--not instants on 6-8 sec CDs

    and in wow warriors rotation was about 4 buttons. with about 4 CD type powers
    and in rift most warriors have 2-3 macros that they spam and 3-4 powers set on there own
    if not for macros my warrior would have a dozen attacks --all similar in construction on different CDs
    whats the point of that?

    if its the reactive your crying about i can see them being removed- but it still wouldn't take skill to click them on the screen when they pop up. and being OGC they would go off just about as fast anyways.
    in fact they might be worst --players would save then until you were at 40% and burst at the end.

    i understand your frustration thinking that the macro spam is easy mode.
    but it ain't going anywhere

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Cardinals's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
    and being OGC they would go off just about as fast anyways.
    in fact they might be worst --players would save then until you were at 40% and burst at the end.
    the good players always did. Probably part of the reason parachamps got such a bullseye on their backs

    Quote Originally Posted by Boltswiki View Post
    I deal with warriors by crying about them on the forums until Trion nerfs them

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    431

    Default

    No offense, but you can't ask for a change like this. Rift isn't meant to be a game about skill, only gear and progression.

    I too have tried to get points like this across and one day realized.. ya know, this game isn't supposed to take skill.

    People will say that it does, but really it's only knowledge of simple processes. You can say learning how to tie your shoes takes a lot of skill, but all you need to do is learn something simple once and after that it's easy.

    I've played Warhammer, WoW, some other less popular MMOs, and Rift. None really have taken much skill, only basic knowledge and gear/progression.

    SW:TOR Might take some skill but idk yet. GW2 will definately take skill based on everything I've seen, although I havn't played GW.

    So basically, we come to games and go to PvP and expect the best players to win.. but really it's either you're bad (don't know much), decent (understand your class), and good (understand other classes as well). No more skill after that is required.

    This is why macros are in this game, to make it easier than WoW.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
    id be fine with it
    --as long as you remove over half of the attacks altogether.
    what does it matter that someone uses 1 or 2 buttons if all the attacks are the same exact thing on different CDs?
    blablabla
    The fact that you click and don't know how to bind your abilities speaks volumes about your play. If you had ever tried clicking in WoW you'd be relegated to the 1200 bracket with the keyboard turners. I almost be willing to bet you keyboard turn as well.

    I don't know what you're smoking, when I played WoW on my warrior I had everything bound...F, E, R, shift R, had a focus macro set up, v, shift v, shift 1-5, and I do this in Rift too, believe it or not on my warrior that i'm levelling. Apparently you're too dense to do anything but press THE BUTTON , maybe because you don't like using your brain while playing. Reacting to situations and using appropriate abilities is part of what separates good players from bad ones, and of course warriors that use THE BUTTON should just be banned from the game.
    Last edited by velias; 08-13-2011 at 10:12 PM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Sun Tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by velias View Post
    The fact that you click and don't know how to bind your abilities speaks volumes about your play. If you had ever tried clicking in WoW you'd be relegated to the 1200 bracket with the keyboard turners. I almost be willing to bet you keyboard turn as well.

    I don't know what you're smoking, when I played WoW on my warrior I had everything bound...F, E, R, shift R, had a focus macro set up, v, shift v, shift 1-5, and I do this in Rift too, believe it or not on my warrior that i'm levelling. Apparently you're too dense to do anything but press THE BUTTON , maybe because you don't like using your brain while playing. Reacting to situations and using appropriate abilities is part of what separates good players from bad ones, and of course warriors that use THE BUTTON should just be banned from the game.
    ok calm down,
    for one i don't click i have 8 powers bound---so quit bragging about how you use your hand--i don't care

    secondly you missed the point i was making--- warriors have few "appropriate Ability's" thay are all just the same thing damage on CD.

    and the few we do have are constantly cried about.
    you wont find disarms in macros, or debuffs (what few we have) or BI.

    AND I STARTED BY SAYING ID BE FINE WITH YOUR IDEA YOU SELECTIVE READING MORON.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Sun Tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    199

    Default

    LOL at you preaching to me about not knowing my class whan i just realized you dont know you can click on the pop up for reactive powers.
    i wasn't talking about action bars bro

    i was wondering were you came up with me clicking powers, lol.
    this makes it pretty obvious that you have no idea what your complaining about.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Stop crying about macros, it only makes a difference to bads.

    Although I don't use any macros that have more one ability/GCD, just @mouseover and @focus and stuff like that I do not see the difference between pressing 12345qe vs GGGGGGG, especially with 1.5 second global cooldowns.

    You are correct when you say there is no skill in this game, you are wrong if you think using your abilities requires skill.
    Last edited by Deicidium; 08-14-2011 at 04:44 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser KalToreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Warrior pvp takes skill, mkai ?

    1 = skillbullrushlolwithstunlol
    2 = hammer this button to kill stuff. It does 9 abilities for you. No thinking required.
    3 = mount




    I have yet to meet a skilled warrior. I get beaten often by them in matter of seconds with 912 valor, but still. I have yet to meet one single skilled pvp warrior. They just don't exsist.
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

    ..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    While I agree that the macros are lame when you can put that many on one button, I also think there are just too many redundant skills for each class. As somebody stated, too many just do the same thing.

    I think a simple solution would be to limit how many skills can go on one macro, or get rid of the suppressmacrofailures command and have some sort of macro set up where they could only be used to do things that chain from one another. Don't get rid of them completely. Just make them take some sort of thought to use.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    182

    Default

    I agree with OP. The macro system (especially combined with a marco keyboard like a G15) simply allows for to many reactives to go off at once. I know people say you can just click on the reactives etc as they pop up, but the fact is that is harder, more likely to get missed etc vs 1 button macro. Better players of course use a number of macro combos and usually have thier specials and finishers seperate but the build macros are just to much IMO.

  14. #14
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deicidium View Post
    I do not see the difference between pressing 12345qe vs GGGGGGG
    You do not see the difference between having to hit 7 different keys and only having to hit 1 key?

    And you felt comfortable enough to type that out and actually hit submit?

    Er, k...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  15. #15
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    You do not see the difference between having to hit 7 different keys and only having to hit 1 key?

    And you felt comfortable enough to type that out and actually hit submit?

    Er, k...
    I'm with Deicidium, what's the difference?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts