+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The simple rule change that will save pvp rifts is ...

Plane Walker

Default The simple rule change that will save pvp rifts is ...

Only one pvp rift can be open at a time anywhere in the world.

Currently, defiants and guards will avoid eachother to have their own free run at Unseen reputation. If guards open a rift in SS, the defiant open one in IPP. These parallel runnings of pvp rifts is contrary to the purpose of the event. By changing the rule to only one open at any time in the world, it will make it so there is necessarily conflict for anyone who wants rep.

Soulwalker

Thanks to the exploiters PVP rifts are pretty much useless for anything other then to run shards. You get no rep or favor for returning shards of the opposite faction so small scale pvp is non existant at the cap platforms. Its zerg or nothing now so its better to just avoid the other team.
    - GM Of |.One.| - www.onepvp.net - Oceania PVP Dominance since 97 -
    - F.A.P - www.mmofap.com - Saints R6 Cleric - Briarcliff(PVP) -
    - The True #1 PVP Guild on Briarcliff -
    - TKG - www.fivefingerdiscount.org - Sainti R6 Cleric - Dayblind(PVP) -

I have mixed feelings about that, partly because of teleport fees. (cause I'm poor) But I would like to see more rep from the rifts.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by -SaInT- View Post
    Its zerg or nothing now so its better to just avoid the other team.
    Exactly. So what's the real point? Eventually everyone who wants it will have Unseen rep by running parallel pvp rifts and never confronting the other side. To me, that's pointless. I think it needs to be a situation where if you want your rep, you have to fight for it.

Plane Touched

I wouldn't say 150pr/151favor per kill is worthless to pvp at the rifts. Of course you suffer diminishing returns on that, but if you are truly raid v raid you should get some very nice chunks every several min.

Plane Touched

On our shard this rule wouldn't help at all. Guardians own the PvP rifts. Whether it's worth it or not any defiant who goes near one gets rolled 10 on 1 by a bunch of p8's who exploited the rifts.

Banned

in a month everyone will have all the rep you can get just from dailies, and pvp rifts won't be done at all. so who cares?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    in a month everyone will have all the rep you can get just from dailies, and pvp rifts won't be done at all. so who cares?
    Exactly, that's why I care. I (like many) keep hoping for real, active, world pvp. I don't want everyone to hit their rep and stop doing pvp rifts. I want them to be fun and engaging. The parallel pvp rifts are a joke right now.

Ascendant

pvp at rifts should be way faster prestige/favor than warfronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by kw0lf View Post
    Exactly, that's why I care. I (like many) keep hoping for real, active, world pvp. I don't want everyone to hit their rep and stop doing pvp rifts. I want them to be fun and engaging. The parallel pvp rifts are a joke right now.
    World PvP is a farce because it's voluntary inclusion with no cap as to the people that can get there.

World PvP, by nature, will turn to ZvZ and ZvZ is a crock of ****.

I'd love wide open areas with roaming groups of 6-10 mans that had respect for PvP, and if they saw 2 10-mans duking it out would not but in, but that's not how people work.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    I'd love wide open areas with roaming groups of 6-10 mans that had respect for PvP, and if they saw 2 10-mans duking it out would not but in, but that's not how people work.
    Fundamentally I agree with you. But balance is this game makes it twisted. I watched an R8 mitigation warrior and an R8 healing clearic repeatedly wipe a group of 8 easily today until they got bored and left. Balance is too big of a problem. But, I agree, it will be Z v Z, but sometimes, epic battles can be fun.

+ Reply to Thread