+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You know what would help Balance PvP?

Soulwalker

Default You know what would help Balance PvP?

I know I'm probably going to get flamed hard for this, and i'm sure the idea has been said before, but i'm sure even more people will agree with me here.

One way to balance it out more: Break up rank 50 PvP.

It's not hard to implement rank specific queues, and the most broken thing about PvP at 50 is when one team happens to be a mushy ball of rank 1-3, and the other is rank 5+.

Honestly, it would work as 1-4 and 5-8, or 1-2, 3-4 etc. whichever. Rank 1's have no chance against Rank 5+, they barely have one against 4.

Comments, thoughts, ideas or concerns?

Champion

I like the idea except for sometimes I like to do a warfront or two with my guild mates who don't pvp as much. This would prevent me from doing that. It would also make queue pop times a lot longer. Longer than it would just separating out pre made groups probably which imo are the biggest problem in pvp. Especially as you get higher in the ranks.
    Last edited by Eorith; 08-14-2011 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Quoted a post that was removed

R1-4 and R5-8 has been suggested a few times. The main issue is people not being able to play with friends without any sort of "downranking" system. The main issue is not queue times. That would just require some shuffling on Trion's part. The "downranking" system would require them to code something new.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aegrotat View Post
    I know I'm probably going to get flamed hard for this, and i'm sure the idea has been said before, but i'm sure even more people will agree with me here.

One way to balance it out more: Break up rank 50 PvP.

It's not hard to implement rank specific queues, and the most broken thing about PvP at 50 is when one team happens to be a mushy ball of rank 1-3, and the other is rank 5+.

Honestly, it would work as 1-4 and 5-8, or 1-2, 3-4 etc. whichever. Rank 1's have no chance against Rank 5+, they barely have one against 4.

Comments, thoughts, ideas or concerns?
    Once I hit 50 I saw that I did not have many close WFs anymore. Most of the time one team rolls the other for an easy win. I see this more now that ranks span from 1-8. I have been on both sides of this, and I do miss the challenge of a power struggle. Before I got into ranked WFs the lower brackets seemed to offer a better challenge and a better overall WF experience. Perhaps a rank separation in the lvl 50 WFs is the answer.

+ Reply to Thread